Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellevue 48 Scott 41
Bellevue wins a good game with less than 20 seconds to go in the 4th Quarter over the Eagles. Second week in a row that Scott has lost a close one in the final seconds.
Big win for Bellevue
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Big win for Bellevue

yes it was 1A over a 5A school. Not much defense from either team but a nice offense showing by both
Nice win for the Tigers. Scott might not win a game this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Scott might not win a game this year.

what they have left maybe not. May be able to get Lloyd but I don't think so. But the boys are working hard and they really are trying just can't seem to win.
Gotta love a shootout! Buckler looked really fast on the news highlights. I hope the Tigers challenge Beechwood for the District Title.
First things first, congrat's to Bellevue on a big win for them.

So it seems that Scott will continue to struggle. Based upon the fact that SK and Dixie have very nice athletic facilities, Scott is going to be next. I've heard that they will have a top notch football field/field house/weight room, etc. Will this make a difference in Scott's performance, or will they continue to be a "basketball school"?
They have several things working in thier favor, one being that Kenton County Middle Schools are huge. The talent base is pretty good.

The open enrollment policy in Kenton County also works both for/against them because Dixie is going to be very good this year and SK is coming off of a state runner-up season. The policy is hurting Scott right now, but it could work in their favor.

I wish the Eagles the best of luck right now and in the future.
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:The open enrollment policy in Kenton County also works both for/against them because Dixie is going to be very good this year and SK is coming off of a state runner-up season. The policy is hurting Scott right now, but it could work in their favor.

Winning an occasional game might work in their favor, but until that starts happening more than once or twice a season the open enrollment will continue to hurt them. Why would a kid with any talent go to a school that has never shown an ability to challenge for a winning season?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Winning an occasional game might work in their favor, but until that starts happening more than once or twice a season the open enrollment will continue to hurt them. Why would a kid with any talent go to a school that has never shown an ability to challenge for a winning season?

open enrollment does not hurt Scott. That's been a crutch for years. There are players at Scott who don't want to play for : 1) a team that doesn't win games, 2) not a real compitment from the players on the team, and 3) lack of respect for some on the coaching staff.

Open enrollment goes both ways and you really don't lose that many students
nky Wrote:open enrollment does not hurt Scott. That's been a crutch for years. There are players at Scott who don't want to play for : 1) a team that doesn't win games, 2) not a real compitment from the players on the team, and 3) lack of respect for some on the coaching staff.

Open enrollment goes both ways and you really don't lose that many students

If you've got a kid with football talent, he's going to pick Dixie or SK over Scott in a heartbeat. For the most part, we agree on one thing. Scott isn't going to get the players until they prove to be something other than a Northern Kentucky doormat.
Can you dig it? Wrote:If you've got a kid with football talent, he's going to pick Dixie or SK over Scott in a heartbeat. For the most part, we agree on one thing. Scott isn't going to get the players until they prove to be something other than a Northern Kentucky doormat.

I just think Scott gets to many passes when they haven't won in decades by claiming "open-enrollment" this, that and another. two coaches ago (Rigler?) used that as his excuse why he didn't/couldn't win and bailed on the team. I just think coaches need to move passed it and coach up what you have.

How would you feel if you knew (and the kids do) that the coaches would really want a player at another school to play your position. That you may be the second or third choice but because of open enrollment you're it. Really adds to your confidence and loyality to that coach.
I know for a fact that Scott loses kids to open enrollment.

My cousin lives over on Gribble Drive (less than 5 minutes from Scott) and he chose to go to Scott since he played baseball and they traditionally have an above average baseball team. However, his younger brother (current frosh at SK) chose to go to SK because he plays football, basketball, and baseball. If a kid wants to play football, more often than not they're going to choose SK or Dixie. Open enrollment doens't hurt Scott in other sports, but it does football.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I know for a fact that Scott loses kids to open enrollment.

Open enrollment doens't hurt Scott in other sports, but it does football.

again coach what you have not what you don't or never had. It comes down to coaching and....
Open enrollment is a argument that can go on and on. Even if there was no open enrollment players would find ways to get to play at the school they want.
nky Wrote:again coach what you have not what you don't or never had. It comes down to coaching and....

Campbell is actually a pretty good coach for Scott but he doesn't have the talent. You can only coach kids so much before natural ability comes in to play. Not sure of his name but didn't the rb from Scott leave in 07 0r 08 for SK? Again...open enrollment hurts Scott in football, whether you want to admit it or not.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Campbell is actually a pretty good coach for Scott but he doesn't have the talent. You can only coach kids so much before natural ability comes in to play. Not sure of his name but didn't the rb from Scott leave in 07 0r 08 for SK? Again...open enrollment hurts Scott in football, whether you want to admit it or not.

He's not been very impressive so far. Being a defense coach from a college he should be able to scheme a way to stop one dimensional offenses yet he hasn't done it yet in there 1st three games
kywldcat01 Wrote:Campbell is actually a pretty good coach for Scott but he doesn't have the talent. You can only coach kids so much before natural ability comes in to play. Not sure of his name but didn't the rb from Scott leave in 07 0r 08 for SK? Again...open enrollment hurts Scott in football, whether you want to admit it or not.

Yes he left for SK his senior year.
Congrats Bellevue