Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 24 Letcher Central 20
LCC will have the same outcome next year. Belfry will be much better. This was the year to get them.
hawg laig Wrote:Pirates win. I admitt, I didn't see it happening. Does anybody have any idea of the Haywood vs. Howard record over the years?

I'm not for sure about their head to head record but the only game I can compare this one to in terms of last minute drama is belfry's 7-6 win over pikeville in 95. 6-0 pikeville led evaporated after 3 pass interference calls and a touchdown pass on the 4th try. oh yea hillard was the pikeville coach that year.
Snare43 Wrote:LCC will have the same outcome next year. Belfry will be much better. This was the year to get them.
I honestly beg the differ. And not trying to start an argument, but this game could have EASILY went to LCC and should have but didn't and not going to get into that aspect. LCC will be ALOT better and start a VERY YOUNG group of players on both sides of the ball!
This was THE best game I've ever seen! LCC played a great game. I thought for a split second that LCC's # 1 was gonna run that in and score again -- what a good game. I was so impressed with how this young Belfry team pulled off what they did. This means we should alot to look forward to in the future!!! GO BIG RED!!
TeamMom Wrote:This was THE best game I've ever seen! LCC played a great game. I thought for a split second that LCC's # 1 was gonna run that in and score again -- what a good game. I was so impressed with how this young Belfry team pulled off what they did. This means we should alot to look forward to in the future!!! GO BIG RED!!

I hope you mean the best that LCC has had. If not you have not watch Belfry for a long time. Bell played this bunch last year JV and beat them 38-2. LCC may be improving but have a ways to go in 5A football. I may eat these words but in two weeks Perry Central and then Whitley will tell the tell with LCC. Beating HAzard, Middlesboro is not 5A football. I say again South Laurel has all but givin up football, not LCC fault. We will see.
Snare43 Wrote:I hope you mean the best that LCC has had. If not you have not watch Belfry for a long time. Bell played this bunch last year JV and beat them 38-2. LCC may be improving but have a ways to go in 5A football. I may eat these words but in two weeks Perry Central and then Whitley will tell the tell with LCC. Beating HAzard, Middlesboro is not 5A football. I say again South Laurel has all but givin up football, not LCC fault. We will see.

Another "positive" statement about LCC football by the snare man.
RedSeal Wrote:This has to shut up all the Shelby Valley fans saying there the best team in Pike County! way to Belfry, nice win

That's a little far fetched. There were only a handful, maybe, and the players on the team who post on here weren't even saying they were the best team. Way to turn this thread into something about Valley though.

Congrats to Belfry, they are improving every game.
Wow what a game...How did the young QB for LCC look?
Everyone keeps refering to this as a game when it in fact was a battle! A year and we can do it at your house gents. I think we will start from scratch next season because both teams are going to incure some changes. Belfry and LCC fought hard all night and that is the only thing that will repeat next season. More pass oriented Cougar team will show up. As for the Pirates i do not know enough about them to estimate what we will face. Any insight as to what next season may hold. Maybe we should drop it and wait on next years thread???? Awesome battle and i would like to thank the athletes on both teams for a memorable performance. What you players did will end up in highlights on WYMT and conversations among fans for years to come!!!!
Hilbily Wrote:Everyone keeps refering to this as a game when it in fact was a battle! A year and we can do it at your house gents. I think we will start from scratch next season because both teams are going to incure some changes. Belfry and LCC fought hard all night and that is the only thing that will repeat next season. More pass oriented Cougar team will show up. As for the Pirates i do not know enough about them to estimate what we will face. Any insight as to what next season may hold. Maybe we should drop it and wait on next years thread???? Awesome battle and i would like to thank the athletes on both teams for a memorable performance. What you players did will end up in highlights on WYMT and conversations among fans for years to come!!!!

Belfry next year?... Run right, run left, Run up the middle... Is there anything else?
Someone posted about stats... i use http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=30153 to view scores and stats... It usually take em a few days to get stats for each game up but you can view all records and scores in the state at this site.
Does Jesse Rose play for LCC? What position?
He is #1. CB, WR, RB
The fact of the matter is that we are getting better. We played with a team who two years ago was in the state championship game. Yes, turnovers killed us, and we can say What if all day long. We have to take care of the football. Five turnovers that leads to over half the score said it all. If we don't start holding on to the football it will be a long season. I do however like the way the offense is being run, and the line is much improved against the Belfry defense. We just have to take care of the football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]