Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodyard named Broncos captain
The Kentucky football program earned another badge of honor last night as former Cat Wesley Woodyard was elected as a captain of the Denver Broncos in only his second season - and just a year and a half removed from an NFL draft that saw him go undrafted. Woodyard will serve as the special teams captain for the 2009 season. The good news was tweeted out this morning by Joker Phillips and then seconded by Coach Brooks who, as one familiar with the pro game, wished Woodyard luck on his next contract.

Last season, Woodyard played in all 16 Bronco games, earning starts in six of the final eight and registering 47 tackles. This season, he enters the year as DJ Williams’ back-up at inside linebacker, and has some good company as a Broncos captain. Here are the others:

Champ Bailey
Brian Dawkins
Kyle Orton
Daniel Graham
Mario Haggan
Casey Wiedemann

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=27923
love seeing cats suceed when everyone always doubts them!!!!! we'll be watching.
Great news!!!!! Well deserving!
Congrats Woodyard!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Woodyard is a player always has been always will be. And I knew hed be successful at the next level.
Pretty awesome news
He is the man
He had an interception in the game on Sunday. Go Big Blue !!!!!!!
Congrats to one of my favorite Cats of all time. I have always had a special place for the "Not so typical players"
Who else had a good day that played for UK?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Congratulations Wesley...he deserves it.