Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th softball 06
Johnson Central
"acoustic_andrew" Wrote:I think LC will be a big threat also...if they can resolve their coaching issues.

Looks like Lawrence County has resolved their coahcing issues. They hired someone new. Anyone have any info about the new coach? :CE_DP_Ste
I think that Valley is going to be better than ever this softball season. Last year everyone under estimated them and look what happened, they beat East Ridge in the regional championship game and went to state.I can still remember the game, when Gina Hall (#14) went up to bat East Ridges fans were already standing up and were in the dugout ready to raid the field, they thought she was going to strike out, but she didnt. All the girls pulled through and done what they had to do. Courtney Bentley threw a great game, all the girls had good plate appearences. And the won the game. Congrats Batkats!
Central will have ya pretty good team this year from what i have heard
JC lost one player and will becoming back strong this year with 3 great senior leaders.
Go Lady Eagles :Thumbs:
The 15th Region is not only dominated by pitchers, but by the defense that plays behind them. Who would you say are some of the best defensive players in the Region?
Johnson Central has great Defense!!!
Magoffin County has a good defense, and with Ashley J. Howard and Brittany Manns MC probably has the best outfield in the region as well.
No one has nuttin over ER and SV!!!
Pikeville, East Ridge, or Shelby Valley...Mark it down that one of those three will win it...
All ther other teams have been great for a whole now, but I think that if Sheldon Clark would work as a team they could do a lot better. They have the talent belive me. Their pitcher has got a lot better over the summer. Sheldon Clark is the underdog, but hey you never know what might happen.:wieghts: Building up for a great season.
MC has never had good defense! You all need to get out of the 15th region and go watch teams like Boone County, Trimble County, North Laurel and South Laurel to see real softball. Once you did that then I think you would even mention none of the other teams except SV, ER and Pikeville!!!!!!!!!!!!1
weretalking about the 15th region, did u read the Question???
"Boss Hogg" Wrote:Same top three...Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Pikeville all have their top pitchers back. Region winner comes out of that district.

That's a fact.
I agree they are four teams that understand the true meaning of fast pitch softball, ER, SV, Pikeville and Belfry.
ER is going to be very tough this year.
"BUNDY" Wrote:1. Shelby Valley (The Champs)
2. East Ridge
3. Pikeville (Great Pitching)
4. Johnson Central
5. Magoffin Co.
6. Belfry
7. Lawrence Co. (?)
8. Paintsville
9. Pike Co. Central
10. Sheldon Clark
I agree with this except
5.Lawrence
6. Magoffin
7. Belfry
"web-foot woe" Wrote:who are going to be the suprise teams this year in each district?
Sheldon Clark!
East Ridge should be very solid this year. I think they will have the same starting nine that won the Ky State Senior League Title back in 2004.
lawrence county will be in the hunt for a district title and might turn turn some heads in the 15th,they have a highly recruited ss and a experienced team
"dawgbyte01" Wrote:lawrence county will be in the hunt for a district title and might turn turn some heads in the 15th,they have a highly recruited ss and a experienced team
Yeah I agree Lawrence County is gonna be a team to look out for!:Nodding:
"schs_catcher#3" Wrote:All ther other teams have been great for a whole now, but I think that if Sheldon Clark would work as a team they could do a lot better. They have the talent belive me. Their pitcher has got a lot better over the summer. Sheldon Clark is the underdog, but hey you never know what might happen.:wieghts: Building up for a great season.

SC will have a good team, they just don't need to go into the season with some of the things i've heard! I've seen the talent and I think it's pretty good actually. Just work as a team with a positive attitude and the want to prove everyone wrong. I think SC has a good chance at a good season! I just hope I get a chance to be able to be part of it bc i'm gonna give it my all!
I think it will be
1) S.V.
2) Belfry
3) E.R.
4) Pikeville
There are no other contenders in the 15th region. Everyone else will feel lucky if they even get close to these teams.
"softballer17" Wrote:I think it will be
1) S.V.
2) Belfry
3) E.R.
4) Pikeville
There are no other contenders in the 15th region. Everyone else will feel lucky if they even get close to these teams.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that SV and ER pretty much dominate!
"schs_catcher#3" Wrote:Yeah I'm pretty sure that SV and ER pretty much dominate!

I agree!
"champ321" Wrote:I agree!
I wish our team was that good
"numbaonestunna" Wrote:Paintsville might not make a big impact in the fifteenth region but I think that these girls could turn some heads in the 56th. If their girls would actually put forth some time and effort and they had somewhere where they could practice a decent amount of time they have the potential to be a good team. Their shortstop, Jesikah Russell, is a great all around athlete and their pitcher, Emily Lemaster, has improved ALOT since her freshman season. They only lost one starter from last year and that was center fielder Brittany Webb, and I believe that there are girls that are ready to fill that position. But who knows we'll have to wait until March rolls around. Shelby Vally is also a prominent team in the fifteenth.
Paintsville needs for their girls to become more dedicated. They have lots of potential though!! Wish them well.
"sportspectator" Wrote:Looks like Lawrence County has resolved their coahcing issues. They hired someone new. Anyone have any info about the new coach? :CE_DP_Ste

Lawrence Co head Coach is Catherine DeValle. Dont know much about her coaching. Assistant Coach Randy Hale--I heard he had some problems at JC or Paintsville few years back
what kind of problems did hale have?
"schspanther06" Wrote:SC will have a good team, they just don't need to go into the season with some of the things i've heard! I've seen the talent and I think it's pretty good actually. Just work as a team with a positive attitude and the want to prove everyone wrong. I think SC has a good chance at a good season! I just hope I get a chance to be able to be part of it bc i'm gonna give it my all!

I agree 100% schspanther06. I know the girls can win some serious games, but they just need to get their act together. We need to work as a team and put all personal conflicts behind us. Even if you hate someone like hardcore you shouldn't show it on the field. Our team has so much potential, but lacks the teamwork. Come on girls lets prove everyone wrong!