Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Defense this year
Who do you all think has the most impressive D this year so far?
Ashland maybe
Bell Co, Boyle Co in 4A
yeah Bell is solid this year again
flavorflav Wrote:yeah Bell is solid this year again

Seems like these boys want to physical bang a offence up, they want to hit and hit till they lay down...... I like to see a hard hitting "D"!!!!!!!!
TOP 15 TEAM SCORING DEFENSIVE LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 2 games)
(ranked by net points allowed average)
School Gmsa Pts Avg
Perry Central 2 6 3.0
Murray 2 6 3.0
Allen Central 2 6 3.0
Greenwood 3 13 4.3
Bowling Green 2 9 4.5
Henry County 3 18 6.0
Bourbon County 2 12 6.0
Crittenden County 2 13 6.5
Caldwell County 2 13 6.5
Conner 3 21 7.0
West Carter 3 25 8.3
Lone Oak 3 26 8.7
Ashland Blazer 3 27 9.0
Green County 3 30 10.0
Hart County 2 20 10.0
Holmes 2 20 10.0
EKUAlum05 Wrote:TOP 15 TEAM SCORING DEFENSIVE LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 2 games)
(ranked by net points allowed average)
School Gmsa Pts Avg
Perry Central 2 6 3.0
Murray 2 6 3.0
Allen Central 2 6 3.0
Greenwood 3 13 4.3
Bowling Green 2 9 4.5
Henry County 3 18 6.0
Bourbon County 2 12 6.0
Crittenden County 2 13 6.5
Caldwell County 2 13 6.5
Conner 3 21 7.0
West Carter 3 25 8.3
Lone Oak 3 26 8.7
Ashland Blazer 3 27 9.0
Green County 3 30 10.0
Hart County 2 20 10.0
Holmes 2 20 10.0

Good stats....:rockon:
Thanks for the stats EKU. The first thing I notice is how many teams on that list have played the weak sisters of HS football. Look around week 8 and you will see the real defense's.

Bell has the makings of being a good defense but they still have some learning and growing up to do. They have lots of SPEED and will HIT you on every play but still lack the experience it takes to make a GREAT DEFENSE.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Thanks for the stats EKU. The first thing I notice is how many teams on that list have played the weak sisters of HS football. Look around week 8 and you will see the real defense's.

Bell has the makings of being a good defense but they still have some learning and growing up to do. They have lots of SPEED and will HIT you on every play but still lack the experience it takes to make a GREAT DEFENSE.

well u have to admit this "D" is really good, compared to what they have left on schedule, I don't see many more "O" challenge this "D" 4 quarters.
Now lets talk DEFENCE.......... What a "D" from Bell lastnight, they just beat WC offence up causing many turnovers and making BIG play from the "D".... I would say that Bell Co, and Boyle Co hands down has the best "D" in 4A!!!!!!!
SC has a good D!
BELL COUNTY BOBCATS, you cant ask much more from kids in this county when younger kids are in middle school well 7th and 8th grade if there already not playing a little varsity here and there they dream of being on that defense because they respect the coach, the team, the position and the county thats why BELL keeps coming back every year with a hard hitting, backfield RB stopping smashmouth defense ITS BELL COUNTY WHERE DEFENSE IS OFFENSE
Perry Central's defense looks pretty stout.
They had 7 turnovers against Breathitt,
I'd like to see what their D can do against Letcher and Whitley this year
Yess Perry Central has a great defense this year with Matt Robinson leading the way even though their 1st 2 games were not against tough competition they just allowed Breahitt to 14 points and Fugate to 70 yards.Should be a good game in 2 weeks with LCC.
I think very few teams in the mountains could keep Whitley at bay like Bell did ill take them for now
UkFan23 Wrote:Yess Perry Central has a great defense this year with Matt Robinson leading the way even though their 1st 2 games were not against tough competition they just allowed Breahitt to 14 points and Fugate to 70 yards.Should be a good game in 2 weeks with LCC.

LCC will be a test. Perry gets an out of state test next week as they got Logan WV next week.So they get a real big test before a good LCC team.
bac2369 Wrote:LCC will be a test. Perry gets an out of state test next week as they got Logan WV next week.So they get a real big test before a good LCC team.

I'm pretty sure that Logan WV is not too good.
bell defense is good right now but has the potential to get a lot better with Marcum and Carton back .They make a few mistakes on coverage now and then but they can shut the run DOWN.improving each week. best as of this moment is probably boyle.
Bells defense looked strong against a pretty good Whitley team and with Carton back looks like they just got stronger. They forced all those fumbles by Whitley with good old fashion hard hitting D.