Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in the Mountains?
The 2009 soccer season has been underway for awhile. So who are some of the strongest players in the mountains?
IMO i think that anthony hall from pcc, alex jolly and baylen campbell from hazard, zack vanhoose and jason waddles from pikeville, and some letcher players but idk their names
I think Caleb Petr. Is Pburgs best player.
I think Steven Frasure of Hazard is a good player. I know that in one game he scored 3 of Hazard's goals.
best players in the mountains not pburgs best players
Letcher Central has some good ones, but stats hasn't been posted for the team on the khsaa website. Don't know who leads the team in goals and assist yet until stats has been posted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
For Letcher Central girls you would have to consider Arianna Collins, Lindsay Kincer,Courtney Roberts, and Auburnee Campbell. Letcher Central boys has several who can play: Gose, Murtaugh, the Sekolowich kid is exciting to watch. There is other good players also I just don't know their names.
Pike Central-Mia Coleman,Karen Pacheco & Beth Howell.
Shelby Valley-Emily Smallwood & Jamie Mullins
Belfry-Caitlin Woolum & Maranda Maynard
Pikeville-Kathleen Smith,Ashley Underwood & Paula Jo Roberts
Johnson Central-Jessica Jude & Christina Robinson
Prestonsburg-Clara Osborne & Devann Poe

these are the teams i've seen this year play
Lcc is 8-0 and looks to have a great finish to there season. They have to play at Perry Central which is huge implications on position in the playoffs. A win would secure a "possible" number one seed. They still have to play Shelby Valley which is always a dangerous team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Letcher Central has some good ones, but stats hasn't been posted for the team on the khsaa website. Don't know who leads the team in goals and assist yet until stats has been posted.

I honestly wish it would stay like that. Stats are nice yea, but it gets to be to much about the players and not the teams. But this is a thread about the best players so I will name a few players that I know:

Every team has exceptional players.
Brashear from PCC has a rocket foot and good footwork with the ball
Hall from PCC has great touch with the ball, but needs to use it passing the ball more than worrying about shooting the ball
Valencia from PCC, may be the one of the best true strikers to play at that school.
Waddles from Pikeville, very good all around game.
Vanhoose from Pikeville has raw talent, and good consistency. ( VERY FAST!!)
Frasure from Hazard is very quick, and makes good decisions.
Jonathan McClure from SL is the most well-rounded player in the region. He can literally do it all.

And I think it is safe to say that on the girls side, as far as my opinion goes, Collins from letcher is without a doubt the premier player in this region. But, Idk a whole lot more about the girls side of the region. SL girls are always tough.
Im not so up on all the stats but its not so much about that but whos standing out which ill have to say i believe Pikeville and SL are the 2 most talented teams.

Letcher is playing really good right now but Perry, Hazard, and Shelby Valley are lookin pretty good too. As far as talent goes these 4 teams are equal. Its just about who makes fewest mistakes and hustles the hardest.

With that said everyone on this thread has mentiond the best offensive players but what about the defenders and goalies? Whos some of the stand outs?

(Oh and for the girls i have a few more to add...The Tom sisters and Tab Frasure from Hazard are good)
frankie21 Wrote:I honestly wish it would stay like that. Stats are nice yea, but it gets to be to much about the players and not the teams. But this is a thread about the best players so I will name a few players that I know:

Every team has exceptional players.
Brashear from PCC has a rocket foot and good footwork with the ball
Hall from PCC has great touch with the ball, but needs to use it passing the ball more than worrying about shooting the ball
Valencia from PCC, may be the one of the best true strikers to play at that school.
Waddles from Pikeville, very good all around game.
Vanhoose from Pikeville has raw talent, and good consistency. ( VERY FAST!!)
Frasure from Hazard is very quick, and makes good decisions.
Jonathan McClure from SL is the most well-rounded player in the region. He can literally do it all.

And I think it is safe to say that on the girls side, as far as my opinion goes, Collins from letcher is without a doubt the premier player in this region. But, Idk a whole lot more about the girls side of the region. SL girls are always tough.

What is scary about her is she is just a sophomore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:What is scary about her is she is just a sophomore.

I know, that's insane.
As long as she stays healthy and GOES TO CAMPS, her talent is limitless.
IMO I like Anthony Hall and Michael Valencia from PCC with Valencia being hurt right now Hall is stepping his game and playing some good soccer right now he's going to be one to watch this season
Come on. The only player mentioned from South Laurel is John McClure. No one brings up Jeffery Poston, Dustin Herron all who have more goals! Tyler Huff, Tanner Chaney, David Herron, Anthony Rudd, Dustin Lawson or Dylan Berry. I know stats is just part of soccer, but you take any of these off the team and it drastily changes.
Oh, and in my opinion the best player in the area is Jeffery Poston. He has 17 goals this year. He is truly the leader of his team and he is a Junior.
Well the only reason I didn't mention many from SL is idk much about them. I watched them play last year and saw McClure and thought he was special. SL always has great talent though.
I wasn't picking on anyone specifically. I was just bringing up the point that South Laurel is one of the best teams in the area. They have alot of talent and one player had been mentioned. I do think there are better players on the team then him, but it is a team effort and I feel like Poston runs the team better than anyone.
Well the incite is appreciated
Does anyone know what the deal with Corbin and OBI is this year? I am shocked that these teams haven't came out run for the region.
Well, I know Corbin lost EVERYBODY last year. So they are basically fielding a new, much younger team.
OBI I really don't know much about. So someone else please fill us in.
That petry kid from prestonsburg is pretty good.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:For Letcher Central girls you would have to consider Arianna Collins, Lindsay Kincer,Courtney Roberts, and Auburnee Campbell. Letcher Central boys has several who can play: Gose, Murtaugh, the Sekolowich kid is exciting to watch. There is other good players also I just don't know their names.

This is just LCC players because I Don't know the names of other team players just numbers..

Girls: Lindsey has been out most of the season and just came back last week. So her stats aren't going to show it but she's definitely one of LCC's top players. Auburnee is an okay player with a lot of potential. She hasn't played soccer in years.
FloridaFreak3 Wrote:best players in the mountains not pburgs best players

Ok but isn't P-burg in the mountains.
I think what he is saying is list other players from other teams. Like a all district or all region team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Jeffery Poston became the first player in the state this year to score 30 goals. His team is 24th in the state.
tricker21 Wrote:IMO I like Anthony Hall and Michael Valencia from PCC with Valencia being hurt right now Hall is stepping his game and playing some good soccer right now he's going to be one to watch this season

Michael Valencia isnt hurt anymore. He played last night against North Laurel. IMO tho i think Brandon Porter is the best(or one of the best). He scored 3 goals one game and 4 more in the game after that. Ashley Morris is pretty good for a freshman. shes got alot of potential.
Petry from Pburg is the best player in the State.
BlackcatFan33 Wrote:Petry from Pburg is the best player in the State.

Well, I have heard good things about him. But Prestonsburg also had a cake schedule. I think that they would have done ok against tougher teams, but they haven't really played any.