Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall Named Pre-Season Player-of-the-Year
FoxSports has named UK's Freshman Point Gurad John Wall its Pre-Season Player-of-the-Year. (Yet somehow isn't the Freshman of the year?)

Patterson was named to 2nd team All-American

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/10037...or-2009-10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lol, how wouldnt he be both
That may be a little far-fetched this early but I would love it if he does.
I like it. Smile
Wow! High expectations for the kid!
Hmmm, I guess we will see if he lives up to the same hype as OJ
Way too early to be talking about player of the year especially when the kid hasn't played one minute at UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I like the fact that EVERYONE thinks he will be great. I just hope he doesn't crack under the pressure

Quietly P-Pat is a 2nd team All-American! good stuff!
Pre-season player of the year? What a joke. When he earns the title on the college level after the season, then this should be taken seriously. He is a great talent, but no one knows how he will respond in college as a student or athlete. He may be @ UK for one year, but he has to keep him grades up to play the second semester. Go UK
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Pre-season player of the year? What a joke. When he earns the title on the college level after the season, then this should be taken seriously. He is a great talent, but no one knows how he will respond in college as a student or athlete. He may be @ UK for one year, but he has to keep him grades up to play the second semester. Go UK
actually we do caz he enrolled this summer and took classes and has the highest GPA out of everyone else we got. there is no doubt in my mind he is the most dominant guy on the team he might not win POY caz everyone else is so good. i know most have seen the videos. i know he hasn't played a minute yet but he's played against every other great player coming in this year.
Well he is legit..I do know that...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well he is legit..I do know that...

Exactly, no one has any reason to believe he won't be POY other than the what if's.
well im excited about him and UK basketball and i'm staying that way. you'll always have someone on here try and rain on your parade.
Smile

POY Baby
Didn't see that coming....
but I'd love to see the young man succeed
Congrats Wall! Hopefully he will live up to all the hype.

We all know he has the talent to.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
its way to early i agree with you all but if he can do it congrats
It is a testament to the recruiting of Coach Cal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
beasy_bo Wrote:actually we do caz he enrolled this summer and took classes and has the highest GPA out of everyone else we got. there is no doubt in my mind he is the most dominant guy on the team he might not win POY caz everyone else is so good. i know most have seen the videos. i know he hasn't played a minute yet but he's played against every other great player coming in this year.

thats it...thats why he should be the FRESHMAN of the year....he needs to prove it against COLLEGE UPERCLASSMEN to be called POY...
I do have reasons why he shouldnt be POY YET!!! he should have to show that he can....Not saying he doesnt have the talent....THis kid is amazing...Maybe Fresham of the year right now...but he needs to show me that he can compete with top college players around the country first...
well they said he prob would have been number 1 or 2 in the nba draft so maybe thats why...
He deserves every bit of it he is an amazing athlete it will be awesome to see how he and the rest of the dream team can work together this year too bad he will be a one and done but i am praying that he is not:beg: