Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami 38 #18 FSU 34
Phenominal football game.
Florida State will be lucky to win 6 games
Best game of the opening weekend. 6 lead changes and neither team could stop the other. FSU took a 3 point lead with a little over 4:00 to go. Miami comes right back down the field and scored with aminute and change to go to take a 38-34 lead. They squib kick accidentally to greg Reid who had killed them all night with returns, he takes it to the Miami 49.

FSU then gets a big play and end up setting themselves eventually with a 1st and Goal at the 2 yard line. With 5 seconds to go the QB throws to a wide open receiver who has the ball hit his facemask and hit the turf while he traps it. The pass is ruled incomplete and time expires.
That was a great game!! Best game I've seen in a while. WOW!!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Florida State will be lucky to win 6 games

This is the worst secondary and worst tackling FSU team I can remember. They finally have an offnese with playmkaers again, but man alive Miami torched their DB's all night.
Great game......I thought that there was :01 seconds left when they called that incomplete though. I was on the edge of my seat.....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

EKUAlum05 Wrote:This is the worst secondary and worst tackling FSU team I can remember. They finally have an offnese with playmkaers again, but man alive Miami torched their DB's all night.
Mangum needs to be cut from the team. The rest of the DBs besides Reid should run stadium stairs until they pass out.
FSU is better than this and everyone knows it..However this is ( believe it or not ) a HUGE win for the Miami program whom once again is trying to get their "swagger" back..
I was impressed with Miami's QB. I thought he played a great game.
Poor clock management on the last drive. Just saw a tweet that said "JoePa just called Bowden and said 'SCOREBOARD B***H!' from his rotary phone."
Great great game to watch. I thought that FSU had another play after the incomplete there in the endzone. Great game though, was one of the better games I have seen in awhile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Congrats UMiami
was by far the best game i seen all week
Instant Classic!
Great win for the 'U'!!!!! I was excited to see Miami play with some of the attitude and intensity they'd lacked over the past few years. Jacory Harris is without a doubt a star in the making and the best Sophmore QB in the country. I will be great to watch as these young players develop over the year into next. FSU played a good game, but came up a little short in the end. Best game in the series in a long time and the last 3 have been settled by 3 points or less. Look out college football we'll be back before you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great game. I was certain that Florida State had it won at the end. if only he could of held on to that ball
That was an awsome game
Kind of reminded us of the games that these 2 programs use to have...Best game of the year so far!
launchpad4 Wrote:Great win for the 'U'!!!!! I was excited to see Miami play with some of the attitude and intensity they'd lacked over the past few years. Jacory Harris is without a doubt a star in the making and the best Sophmore QB in the country. I will be great to watch as these young players develop over the year into next. FSU played a good game, but came up a little short in the end. Best game in the series in a long time and the last 3 have been settled by 3 points or less. Look out college football we'll be back before you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami is my favorite college football team, and he is definitely not the best Sophomore QB. That honor would go to Robert Griffith from Baylor.
I watched the first half. I wish I would have stayed up for the second!
That was a GREAT college football game..like a great heavyweight slugfest, both teams fought it out till the very end..great way to end the first weekend of the season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
launchpad4 Wrote:Great win for the 'U'!!!!! I was excited to see Miami play with some of the attitude and intensity they'd lacked over the past few years. Jacory Harris is without a doubt a star in the making and the best Sophmore QB in the country. I will be great to watch as these young players develop over the year into next. FSU played a good game, but came up a little short in the end. Best game in the series in a long time and the last 3 have been settled by 3 points or less. Look out college football we'll be back before you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have looked like the best Soph. QB against that secondary. Harris is good, but last ngiht was a little misleading. When he plays against a defense worth 10 cents we will see how good he really is.
Mark it down, Harris is a star he has poise in the pocket and great abilities. At the end of the year he will be the best soph qb in the country hands down. Plus FSU has some great speed on defense and they really aren't that bad. We'll see as the season progresses that these two teams are vastly improved from last year. Miami has a tough next three games and if they can win one or two of those they'll be the favorite for the ACC. Especially if they can beat VA Tech, which is no small feet since its at Blacksburg. But P.T. that FSU defense isn't a bad defense, imagine if they were playing a team like I don't know let's say UK, then it would have been much, much worse.
We are huge Cane fans in my household, so getting the victory, especially over FSU was awesome. But the Miami pass defense left me aghast. If they don't find a way to defend the pass, this team will get picked apart.

The positive that I took out of this was Miami's offense. I had tremendous concern coming in, but they proved themselves. They should be able to score against just about anyone. FSU came in with one of the best D's in the country (on paper anyhow). The Canes moved the ball with relative ease.

I was worried about getting blown out in a few weeks when the Canes play Oklahoma, but with the way the offense played, and the fact that Bradford will be banged up, the Canes could be playing for a top 10 ranking in that game.
FSU defense looked horriable to me, but idk what u guys saw
Wildcatk23 Wrote:FSU defense looked horriable to me, but idk what u guys saw

I saw a Miami offensive line that was bigger and just as athletic as the FSU vaunted front 3. I saw a RB that picked up the linebacker virtually every time. And I saw a QB that made several Houdini plays in the backfield. All that put together, there is no defensive backfield college or pro that can be expected to cover that much time without offensive guys finding holes. The only bad FSU defensive play that I saw was the blown coverage on Cooper TD catch in the 4th quarter. In that play it looked like the FSU corner tripped and could not recover allowing Cooper to make the uncontested catch.