Poll: Who wins the Governor's Cup?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky Wildcats
95.00%
Louisville Cardinals
5.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Louisville 9/19
UK by 3+ TD's
Cats!!!
not a uk fan...but the cards and football isnt good thing this year
theVILLE Wrote:not a uk fan...but the cards and football isnt good thing this year

to bad sosa dont play football
jbyrd777b Wrote:I am going with UK as well but I just hope they dont over look the cards.....

with Brooks and Company at the helm I dont think you have to worry about them overlooking anyone to be honest
Go Cats!!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

UK uses the dirty birds as a practice game for the #1 Gaytors and their "god" Tim Tebow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK rolls in this one 35-14

Randall Cobb has another huge game for the wildcats..:1:
logmountainboy64 Wrote:UK rolls in this one 35-14

Randall Cobb has another huge game for the wildcats..:1:

I am guessing Randall has a good game, but that #2 reciever may get some more looks in this game. I forgot his name but he had a pretty good game vs Miami(Oh)
kentucky 42
louisville 14

theres not stopping randall cobb.
First I am a UK fan but I see the game closer than most posts. UK wins 28-17
Kentucky's run defense will make the Cards one-dimensional on offense. If their QB makes good throws, Louisville has some good receivers. But I don't think he is ready for a game like this yet.

On the other hand, UK's passing game seems to be improved from last year, and the run offense should continue to improve. I don't see Louisville stopping Cobb and company very much.

UK wins big, 31-13.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky 24 Louisville 14
i dont see UK giving up more than 10 points on D unless they put the backups in. Go big blue!!!!!
louisville by 12! go cards
C-a-t-s!!!
UK 31 U of L 10
Brooks seems to think Hartline can put up numbers and victories like Andre Woodson, I hope he is correct.

Cats should roll in this one over Cards.
BigBlueCrew Wrote:Brooks seems to think Hartline can put up numbers and victories like Andre Woodson, I hope he is correct.

Cats should roll in this one over Cards.

I think he proved to be something special last game lets just hope he continues his success...Amazing at how much a kid can change in one offseason
I think a lot of UK fans are being very cautious with this game. I have spent all week listening to the sports talk shows (I've been driving a lot this week) and tuned in to the Afternoon Underdogs which is a Louisville sports call-in show. I would say that 90% of the Louisville fans are predicting that UofL will lose this game. Another 5% WANT UofL to lose so that UL will fire Kragthorpe. The remaining 5% honestly think UofL will win.

However, listening to the UK callers on that show and on WVLK AM - 590, most of the UK fans are being very, VERY cautious. UK fans remember that we have been the underdogs the past two years (especially in '07) and pulled out the victory. We know it can happen to us.

With that said - I think UK will win this game. I see UofL getting one touchdown and one field goal on our defense.

As for UK's offense, that is up in the air. It depends on whether Hartline's receivers show up. If we get guys out there that can actually catch the ball, then I can see us putting up around 30-40 points. If not, then I think we get somewhere around 21 points with one of those TDs coming from the defense.

I continue to hold that belief that it's not that Hartline improved THAT much over the summer, but that his receiving core has improved THAT much over the summer. I've never blamed Hartline or put him down, and I have always thought UK fans were treating him unfairly. Now that he has receivers that can actually CATCH the ball, he looks 100x better. Has Hartline improved, certainly. Have Hartline's receivers improved, big time.

If UK's receivers keep it up:

UK - 42
UofL - 10

If the receivers are lackluster:

UK - 21
UofL - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I think a lot of UK fans are being very cautious with this game. I have spent all week listening to the sports talk shows (I've been driving a lot this week) and tuned in to the Afternoon Underdogs which is a Louisville sports call-in show. I would say that 90% of the Louisville fans are predicting that UofL will lose this game. Another 5% WANT UofL to lose so that UL will fire Kragthorpe. The remaining 5% honestly think UofL will win.

However, listening to the UK callers on that show and on WVLK AM - 590, most of the UK fans are being very, VERY cautious. UK fans remember that we have been the underdogs the past two years (especially in '07) and pulled out the victory. We know it can happen to us.

With that said - I think UK will win this game. I see UofL getting one touchdown and one field goal on our defense.

As for UK's offense, that is up in the air. It depends on whether Hartline's receivers show up. If we get guys out there that can actually catch the ball, then I can see us putting up around 30-40 points. If not, then I think we get somewhere around 21 points with one of those TDs coming from the defense.

I continue to hold that belief that it's not that Hartline improved THAT much over the summer, but that his receiving core has improved THAT much over the summer. I've never blamed Hartline or put him down, and I have always thought UK fans were treating him unfairly. Now that he has receivers that can actually CATCH the ball, he looks 100x better. Has Hartline improved, certainly. Have Hartline's receivers improved, big time.

If UK's receivers keep it up:

UK - 42
UofL - 10

If the receivers are lackluster:

UK - 21
UofL - 7

Good point about the wide recievers however, we must look at alot of the passes he made last season that were "catchable" but for freshman recievers they were tough grabs. His improvement have been much much more composed in the pocket and just accuracy overall last season he short armed nearly every pass, he and his recievers WORKED VERY HARD during the offseason together going out nearly every day to work on some things, just as woodson did with his recievers...Good leadership flows into the younger players and that is Proven over the past couple of years. These guys are working very hard to build Kentucky into something special... :rockon:
This game is just gonna be on ESPNU right?
UkFan23 Wrote:This game is just gonna be on ESPNU right?

correct
Kentucky- 34
Louisville- 17
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Wow, I think he is converting to a UK fan lol.

Uk wins big.

not a chanceust saying what i think wiill happen...and Ville will get slaughtered
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Kentucky will take this one...Louisville relyed alot on their rushing game against Indiana State something they cant do against Kentucky...A week off to prepare doesnt help the Cards chances any...Kentucky 42 - Loserville 10

i agree 100%.....loserville will be dominated tomorow
UK-35
loserville USA-0

kentuckys defense will control the game....the cardinal lays a goose egg
I will say the same as I did against Miami (OH). UK names the score.
Big brother-UK 35:1:

Little brother-Loserville 14