Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 26 Breathitt Co. 25
What a comeback for Prestonsburg! This bunch is for real.
Final
And let the excuses begin.....................
Congrats to the cats.
Congrats Cats!!!!!!
Fugate had 232 yards on 20 carries 2 Tds
Haddix 121 rushing 2-6 through the air.
478 yards total offense

For Prestonsburg, Burchett 48 yards rushing 1 TD 25-37 219 yards through and 2 touchdowns and the interception to seal the deal.
Good win for the Blackats, bad loss for the Bobcats. Breathitt is not the team they were hyped up to be but they have to improve, and hopefully they will, but if not, they can go to BG as spectators.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Nice win for Pburg. Looks like its going to be a wild year in the east.
You can thank me for the Prestonsburg victory. I left after the score was 25-7 in favor of Breathitt Co. Thanks to me leaving, Breathitt never scored again. You're welcome Blackcats. LOL Teaches me to leave a game early. Congrats Blackcats!! This team is a force.
Just some info for some of you all . Fugate took the first play from scrimmage to the house for 65 yards and then the second series Haddix takes the 3 play from about 50 . Not really much after that. Prestonsburg showed tons of heart tonight and Micheal Burchett showed he is probably the best QB in the mountains.
wow breathitt County drops two in a row! Whats going on in Jackson? Congrats to Prestonburg!:popcorn:
BCF4L Wrote:You can thank me for the Prestonsburg victory. I left after the score was 25-7 in favor of Breathitt Co. Thanks to me leaving, Breathitt never scored again. You're welcome Blackcats. LOL Teaches me to leave a game early. Congrats Blackcats!! This team is a force.
I turned the radio off at 25-7. Unbelievable! Breathitt seems like a real sloppy team thus far. Penalties and turnovers have killed them the last 2 games.
I picked PBurg to be the victor in the game..I really like PBurg this year..this team is real dangerous and fundamentally sound...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I turned the radio off at 25-7. Unbelievable! Breathitt seems like a real sloppy team thus far. Penalties and turnovers have killed them the last 2 games.
Once Prestonsburg decided to tackle, they were able to keep Breathitt in check. I watched Fugate spin out of at least 6 tackles on one run. P-burg just wanted to hit him high. They finally learned to grab the ankles to bring him down. And their offense couldn't be stopped. I don't think there is a defense in eastern KY that can stop Prestonsburg's offense when they are clicking.
I listened to the last of it on the radio..... Great Job blackcats.... Sounds like they are for real......
Congrats P-burg.
Good win for Prestonsburg
I think next weeks Perry Central and Breathitt matchup is going to be interesting
WOW!! Great Win!!
Sounds like Pburg is getting the running game up and going .
Are Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg that good? Or is Breathitt Co just not as good?
Wow great game.

Is Pburg's QB (Burchett) the same one who plays Basketball?
Real Badman Wrote:Are Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg that good? Or is Breathitt Co just not as good?

Prestonsburg is for real....

I think the Sheldon Clark game was just a defensive struggle and it could have been either teams game

I didn't think Breathitt was gonna be down this year
for their sake I hope they get the losing out of their system pretty quick or they won't even be in position to make a title run this year, as they do every year
Real Badman Wrote:Are Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg that good? Or is Breathitt Co just not as good?
I talked with a family member at the game and they said Breathitt did not seem to know who to cover when PHS started passing the ball in the 2nd half. "...they looked lost out there..." is what I was told. Seems like the loss of Chapman may have a bigger impact that originally thought and he may have had a bigger role in BHS being as good as they have been.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

If...Then Wrote:Wow great game.

Is Pburg's QB (Burchett) the same one who plays Basketball?
Yeah it is the same one.
I cant believe the comeback. This was a great game from start to finish great heart from Pburg by not giving up and coming back for the win. Like the way Burchett put the team on his shoulders tonight and took over. When Pburgs offense gets rolling i think it will be hard for anyone to stop them this year.
OldTymer Wrote:Fugate had 232 yards on 20 carries 2 Tds
Haddix 121 rushing 2-6 through the air.
478 yards total offense

For Prestonsburg, Burchett 48 yards rushing 1 TD 25-37 219 yards through and 2 touchdowns and the interception to seal the deal.

The way this one started, I was wondering if Fugate and Haddix were going to get 700 yds. !! Whatever P-burg changed, it will suit them well to do that from now on.

Yes, the stats look great for the two star Bobcats. The problem for Breathitt Co. is how those yds. came. After a lot of early big plays early, there were neither big plays nor drive-sustaining type runs later.

Michael Burchett was unbelievably cool under pressure and accurate both in and out of the pocket. He even picked up a number of vital yds. on the ground. The receiving corp is incredibly balanced and did a great job finding/camping the holes in the Breathitt Co. zone.

Prestonsburg passed quite a gut-check tonight... (too bad BCF4L didn't - SHAME on you for leaving !! :dontthink :biggrin: )

:Thumbs:
good job cats, dont lose your focus
congrats p burg
very nice win keep it up

I'm sure we'll hear both in this game's thread. Breathitt Co. can't claim Fugate and Haddix didn't show up tonight, though.

The upcoming P-burg and Sheldon Clark game should be a very, very good one also.
This was an absolutely amazing game!! Breathitt Co. came out ready to play and showed it early. First play of the game Fugate took it to the house for a 65 yard TD. At first it looked like Prestonsburg was going to let that get them down but they didnt. They never got down on themselves and never gave up. Even when down 25-7 at one point! They had the most heart ive seen in any team in a very long time! This was probably one of the greatest high school footbal games ive ever seen. I am still in shock at how amazing of a comeback the Blackcats made. Congrats Blackcats