Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel-5 Perry Central-2
Game had plenty of action.
Rumor has it there was a huge brawl at the game, benches clearing and everything, so not a very classy game on both halves.
Very sad that it came to that. Let's try not to point fingers here though, just posting a score.
There was a big fight. Two perry reds cards were given and one red and one yellow to two differnt South players.
I don't think the scores will be posted to khsaa though, the refs said the game was terminated.

P.S. There are rumors of a parent getting involved, but a first hand source says no charges are going to be filed.
where was this game?
Perry came out ready to play, but slowly lost mometum. To U'll wat players was playing good?
Game was at perry.
"To U'll wat players are playing good?" Please elaborate on what your trying to say here!!!
frankie21 Wrote:Game was at perry.
"To U'll wat players are playing good?" Please elaborate on what your trying to say here!!!

I agree.
therealrooneysfan Wrote:There was a big fight. Two perry reds cards were given and one red and one yellow to two differnt South players.
I don't think the scores will be posted to khsaa though, the refs said the game was terminated.

P.S. There are rumors of a parent getting involved, but a first hand source says no charges are going to be filed.

score of game was reported, it is on khsaa website.
You all are wrong. The benches were not cleared, no parents got involved, and there was only 1 yellow on south's side.
KTM200 Wrote:You all are wrong. The benches were not cleared, no parents got involved, and there was only 1 yellow on south's side.

Thanks for the clear up.
KTM200 Wrote:You all are wrong. The benches were not cleared, no parents got involved, and there was only 1 yellow on south's side.

This isn't what I heard from a parent who was right there. I was told that kids were fighting, parents were holding kids back, and one SL parent was hitting a PCC kid.
i meant to every1 who do you think played good? and u are right benches were cleared and a kid from pcc was gettin hit by a parent
I was at the game and no parent hit any PCC player. A parent was trying to pull her kid out of the fight but she did not hit anyone.
it dont matter neways the fight would not have happened if a bunch of south laural kids would have shut there mouth...well one thing is for sure they deffinately cant back thereselves up
But is sounds like they know how to win big on the soccer field.
they wouldnt winning it thereselves perry gave them most of there goals and yeh thats perrys fault but when region comes around perry will be a different team and south will be nuttin to worry about
South has always been a bunch of hot heads and this year was not any different. One of their forwards was aggrevated he couldn't get by one of the defensive players for Perry and hit him in the back when no one was looking. Both parents mom's see it and got into an arguing match and then started yelling at the kids, one thing led to another and the players started fighting. South's bench did clear, all their players were on the field, no players left Perry's bench. All players that left South's should of been ejected along with the other 2 players that were throwing punches. Also the 2 from Perry throwing punches were ejected and were further suspended by the coach for 3 games. South always wants to point fingers at others when it's usually their fault as in this case. Very poor sportsmanship.
All this could have been avoided if the refs had done their jobs! As far as any South Parents getting envolved they were breaking up fights. South's team didn't even leave the bench. Also it was the PCC bench and coach's that got envolved and it all got started when a PCC kid punched #2 on SL in the back of the head. SL is by far a better team and I guess PCC felt like to make an impact they had to play dirty (They had 4 yellow cards and a red in the first 5 min.) People can say what they want but this game was a joke and PCC should hold their heads in shame because that is no way to end a game of represent their school.
Souths bench didn't clear. Their coaches kept them from going out!
Oh, and The kid that got hit was #2 for south laurel
heard it really wasnt that bad of a fight or anything and it was just kids letting their emotions get the best of them...No need to point fingers as some say it was ones fault and the others say it was theirs...Facts are Facts and both teams threw punches so each are at equal fault in this situation...Now people say South Laurel is very disrespectful and such...Anyone I have ever meet form them. played for them or when I played against them they were respectuful and nice people...Then we go over to Perry and there are some good people but I cant say the same sorry...This reminds me of last season when an assistant for Perry went after a kid from Hazard...Watched Perry a couple of years ago and one player drew back a couple of times but contained him self only to recieve 2 cautions through out the match to be sent off the field...Idk this is just some bad instances for the Perry Co. Program and looks bad on the area overall...
Seems like Perry Central has a lot of problems in different sports with different teams. It can't always be the other teams fault. PCC and Hazard do not play due to escalating negative behavior. It will only get worse unless someone in the school system takes action.
ok since everyone wants to put this all on perry...#2 flipped off and cussed at one of perrys players parent thats why he got hit and during the whole game several of souths players was cussin and tlkin crap to the players.
so why dont you tell me how innoscent south is now. so if u ask me #2 only got wat was coming to him.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:This isn't what I heard from a parent who was right there. I was told that kids were fighting, parents were holding kids back, and one SL parent was hitting a PCC kid.
Again you are all wrong. You cant say it was south's fault because of how the kid punched south's player (#2) in the face to start it. And as i said, no parents got envolve physically some did try to seperate. only 1 yellow was given to south's team. It wasnt a horrible fight there was punches and a kid on souths side had 4 people on him at 1 point. Da_Truf is exactly right about this. And you couldnt have goten any closer than i was to this brawl. This is horrible on PCC's part
It sounds like a sweet game lol
dore1 Wrote:ok since everyone wants to put this all on perry...#2 flipped off and cussed at one of perrys players parent thats why he got hit and during the whole game several of souths players was cussin and tlkin crap to the players.
so why dont you tell me how innoscent south is now. so if u ask me #2 only got wat was coming to him.

EITHER WAY THIS GOES....NOT JUST ONE TEAM CAN GET ALL THE BLAME HERE. "IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO" That's all that I want to say about that.

And dore1, no matter what happens on the field, or whatever someone says to someones momma, it's not worth socking someone in the face. It's terrible sportsmanship, and inexcusable. The players that got suspended by the coach, they deserved that. I honestly think 3 games is a light punishment. The players should be thankful they are even on the team anymore. There is no room for those types of shenanigans on the field. And yes, a great cross-town rivalry is on hold right now cause the kids can't SHUT THEIR MOUTHS and just play the game. Yea, it's a big rivalry and your supposed to "hate" the rival team, but fighting over it is ridiculous. Any person that fights should not get the opportunity to play.

And to floridafreak3, who played good is not important. It's about the team, not the individual, and any good team can tell you that. A team full of individuals will never succeed. So if the players at Perry are just worried about how good a few people played, the post-season will not last long. And for the first time since 2002, Perry Central will not see the region tournament unless they travel to watch and see who plays. So in closing, they need to pull their heads out of their :moon:.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:heard it really wasnt that bad of a fight or anything and it was just kids letting their emotions get the best of them...No need to point fingers as some say it was ones fault and the others say it was theirs...Facts are Facts and both teams threw punches so each are at equal fault in this situation...Now people say South Laurel is very disrespectful and such...Anyone I have ever meet form them. played for them or when I played against them they were respectuful and nice people...Then we go over to Perry and there are some good people but I cant say the same sorry...This reminds me of last season when an assistant for Perry went after a kid from Hazard...Watched Perry a couple of years ago and one player drew back a couple of times but contained him self only to recieve 2 cautions through out the match to be sent off the field...Idk this is just some bad instances for the Perry Co. Program and looks bad on the area overall...

Couldn't agree more
just so everyone knows I am not hating on Perry nor do I have a personal vendeta towards them, my fiance is from there for christ sakes I just call them as I see them and I have been right on every aspect of their program...Last season stated no chance they would make regional finals becuase they dont have the right kind of training check...some ppl said a couple of players were going D-1 stated no they would not they would go to a very good NAIA program because of the style of play check...(Just a side note on that one JR Lunsford is one heck of a player and will have a great carrer at UC...heard he has already turned the head of the coaching staff)...Said they would be on a slow decline this year because even though they didnt play "pretty" soccer they still had athletes and some good players to win games in this area but now they only have one or two check as this is their worst season since their beginning...

Just wanted to clarify a few things and point out that even though you Perry Faithful continue to say I do not know what I am talking about and that I have no place in discussing soccer apparently I do know a few things if not alot...Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride state that someone is correct get over it and use that as influence to improve your program. I am not jsut like this to one or two schools who I single out...I do this at every sport not just soccer and do it to my OWN ALMA MATER and trust me I have mroe school spirit than just about any one past present or future at Pike Central
[QUOTE=15thRegionSlamabamma-some ppl said a couple of players were going D-1 stated no they would not they would go to a very good NAIA program because of the style of play check...(Just a side note on that one JR Lunsford is one heck of a player and will have a great carrer at UC...heard he has already turned the head of the coaching staff)[/QUOTE]

I don't think too many people realize the level of soccer that schools like Univ. of Cumberlands play and just how good their players are. There is a kid from Corbin also playing down there this year with Lunsford, good luck to both of them and hope they stick with it.
JR Lunsford...best player to come out of the school.
Shortcomings happen though.
I don't personally think I have ever made comments about you not having the right to talk about soccer. If I have then I do apologize. I wouldn't want someone telling me I can't express my opinion.
frankie21 Wrote:JR Lunsford...best player to come out of the school.
Shortcomings happen though.
I don't personally think I have ever made comments about you not having the right to talk about soccer. If I have then I do apologize. I wouldn't want someone telling me I can't express my opinion.

hmmmmm the best is debateable his brother was a very good player as well...Zach Hall was also a very talented player I think you could put those 3 in any order and it would be a fair comparison...

No you have not but a few have...