Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Crountry at LCC!
Anyone know when they are going to start on the LCC Cross Country track. I saw in the paper where it is going to be really inexpensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
They are working on it right now. They said it would be done in a couple of weeks but I feel like that is a little too soon. Safety concerns are an issue. There is risks of getting trampled by Elk and eaten by Bears(only kidding) on this course as both elk and bears roam around the LCC campus on a regular basis(this is the truth).
No matter where you build the field, it is always a risk. During meets there are too many people around. What is the word on the track and soccer field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

the course should be done by the end of this week.

they already have the course cleared and the only thing they need is for a member from the KHSAA to come and look at it. from what our coach said it is going to be a very hilly and rough course.
It needs to be tough
If it is cleared will they be eligible to host region next year or two?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

well me and about 5 other runners from my team went up to walk the course today after practice and see what it looked like and it will be the toughest course i have ever ran on if they dont smooth some of the hills out. we accutally got lost up there for a little over an hour and had to walk threw the woods down the side of the montain to get back to the school lol

yes we are hosting region next year.
Great news to hear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They will need to make sure the course is marked really well.
KHSAA has a diagram on what they want to host. They also have a section were they visited sites, and if they turned it down to host, they explain why. Don't know where it is, but I found it accidentally but now I can't find it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How have the meets been so far? How many have we ran in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Tonight I believe they ran at Harlan County. The girls won and the boys got runner-up.
yeah its the firs time harlen has ever beat us. we see them again this saturday at the beast of the east.
What has been the results of the rest of the meets so far this year? When you get the time, could you post em?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I will have to get a copy of the results from my coach and ill post them on here tonight hopfully.

I do know that yesterday was the first lost we have had this year and the last time we raced against harlen it wasnt even close. We didnt run as hard as we should have but give credit to harlen they have a heck of a team and region is gonna be very tight this year.
Where is region going to be held this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Harlen. Which is were we raced yesterday.
It's a very tough course.

There was some talk about hosting the Area 9 meet(which is like district) at our new course above the high school.
The Area 9 should be held at Harlan County because that's where the region is going to be. That's what I would push for if I were the other schools anyway; so I could run on the course as many times as possible.

Harlan County has the top runner in the region, Hunter Middleton - region champion last year as a freshman -
They wouldn't have area 9 and region both at Harlan would they?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

LCC girls had top 4 places at harlan co. Kelsey Mullins ran the course in something like 23:40 course record is 22:58 I think. Kelah Eldridge ran 2nd with a time of 24:36 both these girls should break the record for that course by end of year..Nicole Banks and Telina Taylor were top 4..
Good to see the girls doing good. Good Luck to both teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Good luck lcc
cougarpride08 Wrote:What has been the results of the rest of the meets so far this year? When you get the time, could you post em?

You should be able to get xc results at kytrackxc.com. The new course should be fun with the wild life to view during your run.
They didn't have any LCC results.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How did you guys do last Saturday?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Here are a few results from last Saturday at the "Beast of the East" in Owsley Co.

Knox Central won the boys race with Harlan County finishing 2nd ------ Letcher Central finished 6th

Top runners were: Hunter Middleton (HC) 7th place with a time of 18:57 --- Tyler Smith (LC) 19th place with a time of 19:56

Letcher Centeral finished 2nd in the girls race with Harlan County finishing 3rd

Top runners were: Kelsey Mullins (LC) 4th place with a time of 23:53 --- Jessica Cottrell (HC) 5th place with a time of 24:09

Should be an exciting regional championship between the two schools. Congrats to them both!
Is Knox Central in the region?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

no Knox isnt in our region.
Hey if you ever get a chance, could you take a picture of the course if you get a chance and post it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

What was the results from the meet Tuesday at Riverside?