•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
#44 bryson jones fullback , mlb,, #4 braden mcwilliams tight end ,mlb, #21 tanner gadberry qb, safety , #22 will lange ,rb , corner , this guys won 7on7 at uk and at western ky.
Willie Smith for Letcher County is a dandy ball player.
FBALL Wrote:Amazing.
I would have to agree. When someone ask me what's wrong with high school sports/out of control parents I can point them to this thread.
Gallatin QB, #7.
I believe his name is Chapman, gets my vote.
#21 from LexCath is runner up
We have a better player than him # 8 was an fbu ALL american is a captain on both sidesm of the ball has been really good for the last 3 years was all state last year and likely will be and i think he is number 1 and #23 from henry county is second
Grant-its-R-Us Wrote:I know this thread is for 8th grade talent but Lexington Catholic has a 6'1"
7th grade quarterback that starts for their 8th grade team and he is fun to watch. I watched him complete 14 passes for a little over 200 yds and 3 TD passes against our Grant Co. 8th grade team last week. 3 days later Lexington Catholic played East Oldham at Grant Co. and again I watched him complete another 13 passes for 170 yds. This kid has the poise and size of a high schooler and when they put him in at quarterback in the 7th grade game,(after an injury to the 7th grade team quarterback) he looked way out of place as he threw the ball over 50 yds thru the air.

He will be interesting to watch next year for sure. I don,t know his name, just his #13.
He is a good player but he is a holdback not a real 7th grader he does not know when to throw it away when about to get sacked he runs backwards alot then gets sacked Number 8 is our best player by far
I agree! How can you rate players at the middle school level when there are so many middle schools to begin with and statewide exposure is minimal to say the least. Who wants their children or players to peak at the middle school level anyway? You hope they get taught the proper fundamentals and techniques so they can progress at a steady pace and get in the weight room in high school.
Warrior77 Wrote:Who wants their children or players to peak at the middle school level anyway? You hope they get taught the proper fundamentals and techniques so they can progress at a steady pace and get in the weight room in high school.
So true

Can someone explain to me how you can be a Middle School All American?
nky Wrote:So true

Your school has to be a member of the KYMSFA. The KYMSFA has a committee that reviews all players submitted. They are graded and then the best are recommended to go to the FBU All-American game in San Antonio, TX.

Between the 3 games played last year, Kentucky sent 13 players - the most of any state.

There is also going to be a Kentucky East vs West All Star game in Frankfort at Kentucky State University the Sunday after Thanksgiving. This will highlight the BEST 8th grade talent from across the state. Again, your school must be a member of the KYMSFA to submit a player. Each member school is allowed to submit 5 players, respectively.

Again, this is another opportunity that is provided because our state has a state-wide organization. If your progam is not apart of this, you need to ask your coach WHY NOT???
Warrior77 Wrote:I agree! How can you rate players at the middle school level when there are so many middle schools to begin with and statewide exposure is minimal to say the least. Who wants their children or players to peak at the middle school level anyway? You hope they get taught the proper fundamentals and techniques so they can progress at a steady pace and get in the weight room in high school.

Believe me, I used to think the same thing until we got involved with FBU.

In this the day and age of AAU this and that, I can promise you that "people in the know" have ways of finding out about talented kids. It is a very delicate process, but at the same time they know how to spot the kids that have potential all-star qualities. Take my word for it. It works.....
Ok thanks

I just wonder about the long term effects of this on future high school kids.
nky Wrote:So true

The initial set of 'All-American Middle School Games' were this past January. The primary sponser of the event is Football University (FBU). The are responsible for final selection based on submitted video highlights. You do not have to be part of KYMSFA to do that. But it does help since FBU and All-American Bowl people were impressed that Kentucky had at least some type of vetting method that could be applied. Most states had none and submissions were mostly purely individual.

The event was well run. professional and was broadcast live on the web. It included kids of NFL players and former NBA players (Ray Lewis and Carl Malone sons). It did provide an honor to around 200 kids. But the goal and desire to host this has root in a business need (as almost all things do). This event generated publicity and interest in FBUs for charge camps that they hold around the country. It would be fair to assume that most (if not all) players selected this year will have attended an FBU camp or national event.

In fact, here is some of that publicity....

http://www.footballuniversity.org/index.php

As a side note - Tyler Jopes from Bowling Green won the East MVP for the 7th grade game. He scored 2 touchdowns as a fullback and was very key on defense as a linebacker.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:The initial set of 'All-American Middle School Games' were this past January. The primary sponser of the event is Football University (FBU). The are responsible for final selection based on submitted video highlights. You do not have to be part of KYMSFA to do that. But it does help since FBU and All-American Bowl people were impressed that Kentucky had at least some type of vetting method that could be applied. Most states had none and submissions were mostly purely individual.

The event was well run. professional and was broadcast live on the web. It included kids of NFL players and former NBA players (Ray Lewis and Carl Malone sons). It did provide an honor to around 200 kids. But the goal and desire to host this has root in a business need (as almost all things do). This event generated publicity and interest in FBUs for charge camps that they hold around the country. It would be fair to assume that most (if not all) players selected this year will have attended an FBU camp or national event.

In fact, here is some of that publicity....

http://www.footballuniversity.org/index.php

As a side note - Tyler Jopes from Bowling Green won the East MVP for the 7th grade game. He scored 2 touchdowns as a fullback and was very key on defense as a linebacker.

little too much business for my taste by thanks for the information. Kind of like thoses Who's Who's book.
This type of reconition may or may not be of good intentions but it’s going over the top in my opinion. Too many times I see kids get “burned out” on playing sports when they get to high school. Part of this burnout comes from having over the top praise, unrealist expectations placed on kids at the middle school or pee wee level.
Middle school sports should be used to teach the fundementals and basics of the game and sportsmanship.
I wonder with the growth of middle school state playoffs/all state/ all american and who knows what else if this is causing the decline of the number of kids not playing on the high school level. How many kids choose not to play high school sports because they weren’t ready to play in middle school and were turned off because of the attitudes at the middle school.
LexcathCB20 Wrote:He is a good player but he is a holdback not a real 7th grader he does not know when to throw it away when about to get sacked he runs backwards alot then gets sacked Number 8 is our best player by far

If this quote was submitted by somebody besides Noah's 5th grade brother I would just let it go but little kids shouldn't be on line talking bad about other players on his brother's team and especially the other coaches on his team like you did in another thread. Never know who might be coaching or NOT COACHING next year little man.
Who is this is this someone on the lexington catholic coaching staff
Well i have showed self control this far but the truth will be told, Corbins back #23 "did not see him in state last year due to injury" Has bounced back from a serious elbow injury and has helped his team to a conference championship and still in the running for state.Last night a person from e-town came up to me and said do you know that #23 has 178 first half yards and three t.ds? he has done this for two years now know one has noticed averaging 2.5 t.ds per half due to the blow outs and the sportsmanship of corbin. i mean first half only! Corbin knows this young man deserves some spotlight. Just ask corbin coaches for the two years of footage on the kid.Money or power should not stop this kid from his teams spotlight! Note.. he has great blocking!! Bottom line, he finds holes that dont show up on film. So corbin, show your back off be proud, this is his last middle school year! 50+ t.ds in two seasons come on man!!
:lmao:
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:Well i have showed self control this far but the truth will be told, Corbins back #23 "did not see him in state last year due to injury" Has bounced back from a serious elbow injury and has helped his team to a conference championship and still in the running for state.Last night a person from e-town came up to me and said do you know that #23 has 178 first half yards and three t.ds? he has done this for two years now know one has noticed averaging 2.5 t.ds per half due to the blow outs and the sportsmanship of corbin. i mean first half only! Corbin knows this young man deserves some spotlight. Just ask corbin coaches for the two years of footage on the kid.Money or power should not stop this kid from his teams spotlight! Note.. he has great blocking!! Bottom line, he finds holes that dont show up on film. So corbin, show your back off be proud, this is his last middle school year! 50+ t.ds in two seasons come on man!!

I have only got to see him play a couple of times, but he is the real deal. A tough, hard-nosed kid who can really run, although I was equally impressed with him defensively. Corbin does have a good group of 8th graders to go along with Woolum, including some other fine running backs and good blocking up front.
Willie Smith from Letcher County Central Middle. He's 6'4 255 pounds and run a 5.0 flat. He dead lifts over 450 and benches over 250 and they haven't pushed him yet in the weight room. The kid is a freak, plays both tackle positions on offense and does a great job at fullback when needed in goal line situations. He's a beast on defense playing NG, and both tackle positions. Remember the name, you will hear from him in the future.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Willie Smith from Letcher County Central Middle. He's 6'4 255 pounds and run a 5.0 flat. He dead lifts over 450 and benches over 250 and they haven't pushed him yet in the weight room. The kid is a freak, plays both tackle positions on offense and does a great job at fullback when needed in goal line situations. He's a beast on defense playing NG, and both tackle positions. Remember the name, you will hear from him in the future.

WOW :Thumbs:
LexcathCB20 Wrote:Who is this is this someone on the lexington catholic coaching staff

Lets just say that if you make the team next year I'll be on the side line with you with the 8th grade is playing.
LexcathCB20 Wrote:Who is this is this someone on the lexington catholic coaching staff

Lets just say that if you make the team next year I'll be on the side line with you while the 8th grade is playing.
Are u A sevnenth grade coach right now and do u do offense
qryche11 Wrote:I would like to know about other parts of the state. There are a couple of fantastic 8th graders playing frosh ball at Highlands this year.

Nick True 6'5 215 lb TE is a stud and could eventually be turned into an All State Tackle at the Varsity level.

Logan Schweitzer 5'11 230lbs ??? OL is another stud who transferred in this year from Campbell Co and is starting on the Frosh squad.

Who else is out there in this class?

Justin johnson, running back for belfry 8th grade, he runs a 4.7sec 40yrd dash
I believe that Bowling Green 8th grade team is full of great athletes. They include:
Tyler Jopes-FB/MLB- He was the East team MVP last year for the All-Star Game in SA, Texas.
Nacarius Shannon-QB/CB-Not the best Corner, but is very smart and can make up for it. Is an amazing QB, which concludes why he has 15+ TDs between passing and rushing.
Lincoln Quick-TE/OLB-Is a very big and strong player and uses it as an advantage, has caught around 6-9 TD passes this year too.

These players along with the other starters and backups show up to play every game which shows why they havent lost as a team in 2 years and were state champs last year and are looking to be favorite this year as well.
Well if corbin has anything to say about it you will have only one game left! We have a BIG surprise for B.G this year!! rematch... we left something out last season. Soon to find out. we will laugh all the way while getting our trophy!! FACT!!!
wait till the state sees the tailback for rowan county 5'10 260 runs a 4.8 40. defenses more out of the way for him its that intimadating for them, and the ones that don't usually don't get to finish the game. hope your offense can score with them because they going to score. i haven't seen b.g. but this is my pick to win 8th grade state.
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:Well if corbin has anything to say about it you will have only one game left! We have a BIG surprise for B.G this year!! rematch... we left something out last season. Soon to find out. we will laugh all the way while getting our trophy!! FACT!!!

There are many differences between us and bluegrass. Yall ran it 31 times and passed once. That wont work against BG. They have one of the toughest Rush D's in the state if not the best.... again why they havent let a team score on them all year (1st string team).
adams has some very fine players and on defense especially i meen with a d-end like maddie wright who had four sacks on dylan hamilton in one game and line backers tyler keens , austin rehard , and weston martin these backers are some of the best each one is not afraid to run up and make a big play we all know tyler keens will make a big hit and austin playin middle and blitzing and stopping the run and weston making the fumble during the championship game and recovering it but adams also has good corners and saftys aaron sanders who plays corner will defend the ball and make a big hit aaron foley aint afraid to go up and pick that thing off and grant anderson what can ya say the kid has speed and if u throw one bad ball its picked by him and returned. way to go blackcats sandy valley champs!!!!!:Thumbs:
bluegrass nation Wrote:wait till the state sees the tailback for rowan county 5'10 260 runs a 4.8 40. defenses more out of the way for him its that intimadating for them, and the ones that don't usually don't get to finish the game. hope your offense can score with them because they going to score. i haven't seen b.g. but this is my pick to win 8th grade state.

If he has that size and type of speed he ought to be playing in the NFL right now.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next