Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top QB's
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Why not? Ben has more rings and Warner has more Super Bowl appearances than Peyton.
maybe so but peyton is 5-0 this season and threw for 300+ yards in his first 4 games. that puts him with the most yards this season so far.
Jarons Wrote:Manning is a great REGULAR season QB. Big games he fails miserably. Manning's playoff record is 7-8. Of the nine times he reached the playoffs, 6 times he did not win a playoff game. He throws a ton of INT's in the post season. The super bowl he won, he was carried by the defense and running game. He threw a ton of INT's that post season also. I know football is a team game. Look who he has had to throw to his career: Marvin Harrison future HOF, better than anyone Big Ben has to throw to, Reggie Wayne, Edderin(sp?) James in his prime, Dallas Clark, solid o-line. Big Ben dreams about that kind of talent to throw to. He panics when he gets behind and eliminates the run, see the playoffs games he has lost. Great QB's is not just regular season stats it is about coming up big in the big time in the big games. Something Manning has not done even in college.
Big Ben 7-2 playoff record, less talent to on the offensive side of the ball, an offensive line that is just plain terrible. Most 4th quarter comebacks since 2004.
Great QB's is not about rings about leading teams in big games. I have not truly seen that from Manning.
in most cases when the colts lost in the playoff's harrison was injured. also along with freeney and sanders injured on the defensive side. and rookie's taking there place most of the time.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:in most cases when the colts lost in the playoff's harrison was injured. also along with freeney and sanders injured on the defensive side. and rookie's taking there place most of the time.

Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders have missed a whopping ONE playoff game combined since they joined the Colts. That was Freeney in 07. Peyton still choked in the playoffs. As I have stated before the year they won it all he did little to contribute to each victory, he did not deserve sbmvp, it should have gone to Dominique Rhodes.
More Cowbell Wrote:Peyton Manning at #4 ??? Behind Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner??? Surely you jest.

I'm no Colts fan, but I would put Peyton Manning solidly at #1, although I can see an argument for slotting him behind Tom Brady. But no way is he any lower than #2. In my opinion, there is a steep dropoff after the top two guys.

I agree totally, i dont see how u can put Peyton lower than #2

here is how my list goes

1. Tom Brady(always have been on the Brady bandwagon)
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees (could break some records this year)
4. Ben Roethlisberger ( even though im not a fan of his, the guy is good)
5. Carson Palmer ( im not a Bengals but the guy is clutch and if he had some help on defense he would win alot more games)
Peyton is the best QB of our generation and possibly of all time...hands down...i didnt have to read the arguments on this thread, hes the best.
UKsportsfan Wrote:Peyton is the best QB of our generation and possibly of all time...hands down...i didnt have to read the arguments on this thread, hes the best.

All Time? Over Unitas, Starr, Sammy Baugh, Joe Montana even Brady!!! C'mon everyone in America knows that Manning chokes in a big game. Check all the one and dones he has in the playoffs I believe 5.
More Cowbell Wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize that looking sharp against the Buffalo Bills made someone an elite quarterback.

I will admit the truth, which is that the Steelers have quite possibly the best defense in the league to go along with a strong running game. I will not admit that Big Ben is on the same level with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, because he isn't.

And if Choke is the official drink of the Bengals, what is the Steelers' official drink? Sucker Punch? :eyeroll:

ohh, that was great!!
Good Post :Thumbs:

My top 5 would be

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Donovan McNabb
spare me...im sick of the whole how has he done in the playoffs argument...the guy is an offensive mastermind and runs the offense singlehandidly with less offensive weapons than all of the other quarterbacks that you mentioned. Brady has won a lot of superbowls but who cares, they were with the freaking TEAM of the century. People like to judge quarterbacks on their playoff wins and how many rings they have on their fingers....Peyton doesnt play bad in the playoffs, he has run into some better teams. If the other team scores more points than you there is nothing the quarterback can do about that. And youre gonna tell me that up to this point what we know about all of those quarterbacks that with 2 minutes left on the clock there is someone else that you would rather have marching youre team down the field is crazy. you want him to play defense and line up at runningback too? Hes the best :HitWall::ChairHit::dontthink
Tony_Delk_fan_00 Wrote:I agree totally, i dont see how u can put Peyton lower than #2

here is how my list goes

1. Tom Brady(always have been on the Brady bandwagon)
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees (could break some records this year)
4. Ben Roethlisberger ( even though im not a fan of his, the guy is good)
5. Carson Palmer ( im not a Bengals but the guy is clutch and if he had some help on defense he would win alot more games)

There is no way Brees breaks any records this year...not saying im not a fan of his but that is not possible. I agree with your post for the most part but i would go with

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Palmer

I know, I know, im gonna take some heat for Brady at #3 but youre asking me who is the best quarterback, not the guy who has a freakin stacked recieving corp who i could throw to. I think anyone would trade Randy Moss and Wes Welker for Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie or Marques Colston and Devery Henderson. Its not even a question, if you put Manning or Brees on the New England Patriots it would be SICK...NOT FAIR!
UKsportsfan Wrote:spare me...im sick of the whole how has he done in the playoffs argument...the guy is an offensive mastermind and runs the offense singlehandidly with less offensive weapons than all of the other quarterbacks that you mentioned. Brady has won a lot of superbowls but who cares, they were with the freaking TEAM of the century. People like to judge quarterbacks on their playoff wins and how many rings they have on their fingers....Peyton doesnt play bad in the playoffs, he has run into some better teams. If the other team scores more points than you there is nothing the quarterback can do about that. And youre gonna tell me that up to this point what we know about all of those quarterbacks that with 2 minutes left on the clock there is someone else that you would rather have marching youre team down the field is crazy. you want him to play defense and line up at runningback too? Hes the best :HitWall::ChairHit::dontthink

You would rather have manning to march your team down field with 2 minutes left than tom brady? wow....... and yes people do judge you on playoffs. thats when it counts. not during the regular season. and tom brady is a playoff beast.
UKsportsfan Wrote:spare me...im sick of the whole how has he done in the playoffs argument...the guy is an offensive mastermind and runs the offense singlehandidly with less offensive weapons than all of the other quarterbacks that you mentioned. Brady has won a lot of superbowls but who cares, they were with the freaking TEAM of the century. People like to judge quarterbacks on their playoff wins and how many rings they have on their fingers....Peyton doesnt play bad in the playoffs, he has run into some better teams. If the other team scores more points than you there is nothing the quarterback can do about that. And youre gonna tell me that up to this point what we know about all of those quarterbacks that with 2 minutes left on the clock there is someone else that you would rather have marching youre team down the field is crazy. you want him to play defense and line up at runningback too? Hes the best :HitWall::ChairHit::dontthink
Marvin Harrison future HOF, E. James in his prime was the best back in the NFL running and catching, Reggie Wayne as a number 2 receiver, would have been a number 1 on about 30 other teams, Marshall Faulk (future HOF) for about 3 or 4 seasons, and Joseph Addai, not the quality of James or Faulk, is above average back. Tell me the lack of offensive talent you are talking about.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You would rather have manning to march your team down field with 2 minutes left than tom brady? wow....... and yes people do judge you on playoffs. thats when it counts. not during the regular season. and tom brady is a playoff beast.

:rockon:
UKsportsfan Wrote:There is no way Brees breaks any records this year...not saying im not a fan of his but that is not possible. I agree with your post for the most part but i would go with

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Palmer

I know, I know, im gonna take some heat for Brady at #3 but youre asking me who is the best quarterback, not the guy who has a freakin stacked recieving corp who i could throw to. I think anyone would trade Randy Moss and Wes Welker for Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie or Marques Colston and Devery Henderson. Its not even a question, if you put Manning or Brees on the New England Patriots it would be SICK...NOT FAIR!

Notice i said COULD break break records...im just saying he throws for alot of yards...but i see what you mean because one game he will throw for 350 yards and 5 touchdowns then the next he might have 170 yards and 1 touchdown... but still a great QB...I think Brady should be at 1 or 2 on everyones list because he makes players better...When he first came in he didnt have that many weapons but he made them better...In my opinion i think manning and Brady could be the two best QBs of all-time cos very few were as clutch as these two guys.
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Carson Palmer (4 last minute comebacks this season)
4. Kurt Warner
5. Brett Favre
tom brady is decent lets just hope he doesnt break his "pinky" again lol
Jarons Wrote:All Time? Over Unitas, Starr, Sammy Baugh, Joe Montana even Brady!!! C'mon everyone in America knows that Manning chokes in a big game. Check all the one and dones he has in the playoffs I believe 5.
if the brady you are refering to is tom what has he done so great. the last couple of years all he has to do is sling it up to randy moss. he then jumps up and grab's it no matter how bad the pass is. and before that he had good running back to pack the game.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:if the brady you are refering to is tom what has he done so great. the last couple of years all he has to do is sling it up to randy moss. he then jumps up and grab's it no matter how bad the pass is. and before that he had good running back to pack the game.

First of all, I am NOT a fan of Tom Brady, but I consider Brady an elite QB. To answer your question of what has he done so great. He has won 3 Super Bowl Titles, 2 of which he led to scores in the last drive of the game in the Super Bowl. All he does is sling it to Randy Moss. Wes Welker is the leading receiver for the Patriots in the years he and Moss has played for the Patriots (Welker 158 Moss 141). Good running back to pack the game. Brady has had ONE thousand yard running back in his career. Corey Dillon in 2004 (1635). Next highest rushing total was 835 yards.
Jarons Wrote:First of all, I am NOT a fan of Tom Brady, but I consider Brady an elite QB. To answer your question of what has he done so great. He has won 3 Super Bowl Titles, 2 of which he led to scores in the last drive of the game in the Super Bowl. All he does is sling it to Randy Moss. Wes Welker is the leading receiver for the Patriots in the years he and Moss has played for the Patriots (Welker 158 Moss 141). Good running back to pack the game. Brady has had ONE thousand yard running back in his career. Corey Dillon in 2004 (1635). Next highest rushing total was 835 yards.
when tom brady is feeling pressure he jus slings it moss way and let him finish the play. and tom brady has won 3 superbowl's please. the defense win's the games if your defense cant stop the other team then you cant come down field and score for the win. and when you are driving snd your offense is stacked like the patriot's then there is no reason to worry it would be almost impossible to lose the game. to prove this when brady when down last year that back up QB had an outstanding season with the patriot's offense.
Right now I dont think anyone can be compared to Drew Brees.
If you are judging QB's soley on their playoff performance then look at Warner and compare his numbers to Brady, Manning, or anyone else in the league. In 12 postseason games he has thrown 31 td,s and 13 int,s and averages 313 yds passing per game. These numbers are better than all of the other QB,s in the league. What do these numbers prove? It is simple. Football is a team sport and no matter how great your quarterback plays, it takes the entire team to win in the playoffs or the regular season. Warner has more touchdowns, less interceptions and averages more yards passing per game than Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Brees, or any other quarterback in the league, but has only won 1 superbowl. To judge a QB on how many superbowls they win is rediculous. It takes a great team to win superbowl championships. Look at Brady,s struggles this year now that so many of those great defensive team the Patriots had are no longer there. It is true in every sport. Defense wins championships. Look at the dynasty teams in the N.F.L. they all had one thing in common. Great defenses.
Why big ben only reason he is good is the o line he is a good passer i admit but IMO he is overated
Brady, Manning, Rothlesburger, Favre, and Warner.
Okay, alot of quarterbacks are getting overlooked here. You people would really place Aaron Rodgers over Kurt Warner, Donovan Mcnabb, Tony Romo, Jake Delhomme? These Quarterbacks are some of the NFL's greats. Warner is a playoff master when it comes to winning. McNabb has had a tremendous year, although is ended by Tony Romo who has really got his stuff together since November. As has Jake Delhomme who started out worrying about losing his starting posistion who was just simply dominant in the last 3 games of the regular season.(although he has 2 1,000 yard runners behind him) C'mon people give these guys some credit. Instead of 5 imma put my top 10.
1. Peyton Manning
2. Kurt Warner
3. Tom Brady (did you see that Ravens Game? Pitiful, drops him to 3 since he cant take the heat.
4. Philip Rivers
5. Brett Favre ( I was predicting MVP...)
6. Tony Romo (has showed us recently he can win games)
7. Donovan McNabb (not much of a clutch QB but deserves top ten)
8. Drew Bree's (Might be a little low, but the guys in front have been on fire, unlike Bree's whos on a 3 game losing streak going into the playoffs.)
9. Vince Young ( this guys only lost 2 games this year? I'll grab a QB like that anytime)
10. Aaron Rodgers ( Guys got the potential, and has showed us a preview of the future, but compared of the first 6 games, was horrible.)