Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 33 Leslie Co. 6
Hazard came on strong in the 2nd quarter do with some defense then finally got the offense working. Leslie County showed life early by scoring first but the dawgs size just wore them down.
Hazard came out sluggish and Leslie showed some early life, scoring first to give them a 6 - lead in the first quarter. The defense for Hazard then turned up the heat and scored a touchdown and a safety before the offense started to add up the yards and it was 24 to 6 at halftime. Then in the third quarter Austin Delpont came into the game and kicked a 50 yard fieldgoal which was truely a work of art! It soared well over the goal posts and into the far end of the field and the crowd roared! Hazard also scored another touchdown before the end of the game making the score 33 - 6. It appears both teams have much to work on this weak, but Hazard showed sparks of brilliance at time during the game.

Go Bulldogs!!!
How did Alan Fugate do this evening? I figured he would have picked up yards at will.

Congrats Bulldogs!
Allen played a great game and was involved in several big plays including a couple of quarterback sacks. The defense, in general, played well and held Leslie scoreless for the last three quarters of the game.
Congrats Hazard
Congrats Hazard
outdoorsman43 Wrote:How did Alan Fugate do this evening? I figured he would have picked up yards at will.

Congrats Bulldogs!

What does he play on the offensive side?..I thought he was just a DE
Congrats Bulldogs!!!
Gotta love seeing this one end with a Hazard win.
Fugate plays the line on both sides of the ball and was to much for the Leslie line. He got Hazard going with a blocked punt. He also had a few sacks. He was in the Leslie backfield for most of the game.
Congrats Hazard, They played better than I thought they would. With all the seniors they lost from last season they had a lot of players that steped up. Back had a big game for the Dawgs tonight and as most said Fugate was a beast on the line on both sides of the ball.
On Sport Overtime, they said Hazard got off to a slow start. Let hope that Hazard get off to a better start next week. Nice win, Keep it up. [/B]
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Hazard, They played better than I thought they would. With all the seniors they lost from last season they had a lot of players that steped up. Back had a big game for the Dawgs tonight and as most said Fugate was a beast on the line on both sides of the ball.

Back had a tremendous game at runningback. Good game for him and Fugate. Back is a much better wide reciever with all those moves but is forced to play RB because of some stupid retard quiting the team. Good Luck Next week Hazard i should be there supporting you on..
Hazard 33 Leslie Co. 6

Hazard 0 24 0 9 33

Leslie Co. 6 0 0 0 6

Scoring summary:
LC--Troy Napier 25 pass to John Hubbard (run failed); H--Aaron Moore recovered blocked punt (Austin Delpont kick); H--Safety, Dylan Baker tackle in end zone; H--Eric Back 7 run (Austin Johnson run); H--Back 7 run (Delpont kick); H--Back 9 run (run failed); H--Delpont 50 field goal.
Records: Hazard 1-0, Leslie Co. 0-1.

More details: The Bulldogs scored 24 points in the second quarter and never looked back from there in a victory at Leslie County.
Trailing 6-0, Hazard jumped ahead in the second quarter on a blocked punt for a touchdown, a safety and two rushing touchdowns by Eric Back, who added a third score in the fourth quarter.
Bulldogs senior kicker Austin Delpont was successful on a 50-yard midway through the fourth quarter.

Kentucky.com
Good job dawgs !!!!!!!!!!
Here's some great photos of the Hazard-Leslie Co. game courtesy of smoothphoto.com....

http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...1321_SRzEA
I can't wait till Hazard plays Breathitt. I heard the Bulldogs have 7 starting freshman on defense. Channing Fugate is going to feel like a kid in a candy store.