Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freak's College Basketball Preview
Enjoy my friends.

Conference seedings and probable tournament teams. Conference Champs in Bold

1. Big East

1. UCONN (1 seed)-They'll be your national champs.

2. Villanova (3 seed)-Sumpter will hurt, and will cost them a possible Final Four.

3. Louisville (4 seed)-Never underestimate Pitino in the tournament.

4. West Virginia (4 seed)-If you dont like Kevin Pittsnogle, get out of here.

5. Syracuse (5 seed)-Eric Devendorf, remember the name. He'll take over for McNamara next year, he is taller and has the same type of 3 point shot.

6. Notre Dame (9 seed)-Losing Chris Thomas is the best thing that could have happened to them.

7. Georgetown (10 seed)-I'm not sold on the sleeper talk, but I think they slip into the tournament.

ACC

1. Duke (1 seed)-Could very easily be the #1 seed in the entire tournament, they are scary.

2. Boston College (3 seed)-Dudley and Smith give them a great force inside.

3. Maryland (5 seed)-Good for a few upsets a year, and good for a few head stratchers.

4. Wake Forest (7 seed)-They have nice talent, but I think they take a serious step back.

5. Miami Fla (8 seed)-Diaz is one of most underappreciated players in the country.

6. North Carolina (9 seed)-They'll rally late and somehow make the tournament.

Big Ten

1. Michigan St. (1 seed)-I think they are slightly overhyped after last year's tournament run, but they are solid.

2. Indiana (3 seed)-Killingsworth may very well win POY in the Big Ten.

3. Illinois (4 seed)-Dee Brown is good.

4. Iowa (6 seed)-Alford is nice, but they are on the underachiever map as well.

5. Wisconsin (7 seed)-I like Bo Ryan, he gets the most out of ok talent.

6. Ohio St. (8 seed)-Thad can coach.

Big XII

1. Texas (1 seed)-As much talent as just about anyone, Gibson is the best PG in the country.

2. Oklahoma (2 seed)-Bookout is built, I dont think they'll miss Lavander much.

3. Iowa St. (5 seed)-I like this team as a huge sleeper.

4. Texas Tech (6 seed)-They seem to always get the 6 seed tag, Knight will have them going by Feburary.

5. Kansas (8 seed)-They'll miss Simien and Giddens more than you can imagine.

SEC

1. Florida (2 seed)-You heard it here, they'll win the SEC. I like what I see, and they'll make a deep run in the tournament to shut up the Donovan jokers.

2. Kentucky (2 seed)-I think I'm being nice with a 2 seed, if they dont develop rebounding, they'll fall far.

3. Alabama (6 seed)-I'm not impressed, but we'll see what they are in a couple months.

4. LSU (9 seed)-Davis is a load, but I dont think they'll match the 6 seed they put up last year (I thought 6 was very generous).

5. Arkansas (10 seed)-I'll throw them a doggie bone, I dont think they are that good, but I dont think the committee will let the SEC only get 4.

Pac 10

1. UCLA (3 seed)-Howland is a great coach, he'll get them back.

2. Arizona (3 seed)-Zona isn't as good as some have projected, but the athletes they continue to develop are amazing.

3. Stanford (4 seed)-Hernandez is tricky, and I think they will quietly develop into a solid team by the end of the year.

4. Oregon (6 seed)-The PG Brooks is the best PG west of Texas, I like his game, and I like their chances of rebounding to 2002 and 2003 form.

5. Washington (8 seed)-Robinson was their heart and soul, but they still have a decent team.

Other Notables

Gonzaga (2 seed)-Morrison will make a serious run for POY.

Memphis (5 seed)-Caliprari assembles as much talent as anyone in the country, year in and year out.

George Washington (7 seed)-Nice overall talent, was the sleeper of the early part of last season, and will win the A-10 this year.

Charlotte (7 seed)-Will round out the A-10 nicely.

Nevada (9 seed)-Jeff Fasauskis (sp)will eventually be a first round lottery pick.

UAB (10 seed)-A fun team to watch, they sneak into the tournament as the 2nd C-USA team.

Ohio (10 seed)-I like this team, gave Florida all for their money in the 1st round last year.
How do you feel about Darius Washington Jr? After watching him play against Louisville and a few other teams last season, he looked to be one of the top guards in the country as a freshmen. He must have even higher expectations coming into his sophmore season.
"Tomcat68" Wrote:How do you feel about Darius Washington Jr? After watching him play against Louisville and a few other teams last season, he looked to be one of the top guards in the country as a freshmen. He must have even higher expectations coming into his sophmore season.

He's defintely my run away candidate for POY in C-USA, and could sneak into the second or third team All American team. Calipari's style fits his style, and that's a nice combo.

Memphis is one of those teams that needs to get off to a godo start, and beat their better non conference opponents(took care of Bama already) so they can have an argument for a higher seed come tournament time. The C-USA is much weaker this year.
GREAT work FN!!! Those are awesome!
What about Michigan and Coach Amaker? They've seemed to be on the brink for a few years now but just haven't made it over the hump. Any changes for the Ann Arbor basketball club this upcoming season?
"Tomcat68" Wrote:What about Michigan and Coach Amaker? They've seemed to be on the brink for a few years now but just haven't made it over the hump. Any changes for the Ann Arbor basketball club this upcoming season?

Michigan fell apart in the Big Ten last year. Amaker has to find players who will stay together, and staying healthy will help.

They had a 35 point loss at Purdue last year, and everything went down hill from there.

No way they will make the NCAA's, and I suspect there will be even more heat (some have already been calling for his head) this season. Michigan has such a solid tradition, and it seems as if they sold their soul for two national championship appreances with the fab five in 92 and 93.
great post freaknasty
Decent post...I don't agree with some of your rankings though...Florida number 1 in the SEC is pretty silly, and no, I didn't hear it hear first...and neither did you...
UConn lost 2 key players from last season due to suspension and they don't have a true PG. This will plague them IMO....

Duke will be your national champs. As bad as I hate to say, they have what it takes....
I don't think you can ever overestimate Mich. St. Being and Indiana fan, I see them every year, and even when they are "down" they go to the Final Four it seems like!

Great work though FN!!!!
Great work and effort put into that post Freak. I give you that. I don't agree to all of what you had to say but we will see later in the season. Intellegent post at least.
Location: Paris Ky, where mr. sexy, yours truly, resides. I AM THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THIS SITE!

WTF? Change the last part admins. Check mod forum, I am ranting because I hate it. :ChairHit: