Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 31 Raceland 0
final
Well what happened to Raceland??
Congrats tomcats
The Tomcats just have too much speed on defense and special teams for the rebuilding ams to handle.
I predicted 56 to 7. I was off a bit off but it just shows what a power Ashland is.

Congratulations Tomcats
Ashlands offense isn't that great. They are decent. Their defense is what turns the tide with speed for big plays and turnovers. A team that can run straight ahead power at them could give them fits. Raceland is not that team. I think Ironton is the kind of team that will give them the most trouble.
FBALL Wrote:Ashlands offense isn't that great. They are decent. Their defense is what turns the tide with speed for big plays and turnovers. A team that can run straight ahead power at them could give them fits. Raceland is not that team. I think Ironton is the kind of team that will give them the most trouble.

Yea they stumbled a little on offense, some stupid penalties this season is just starting an they will do nothing but gel as a team. They are a really young team full of sophs an juniors To many super sophs to list here! Not to mention a couple freshman that got playing time before it got out of hand. :ClapConfusedome really good seniors (only ten) the future is bright!
Raceland played hard gave it there best shot. Didn't quit and had a few sparks Ashlands D just to fast. Btw did Nyone notice how many kids wre on the field representing the Jfl 370 football players k thru 6th an over a 100 cheerleaders unbelieveable turnout. That number right there makes happier than the score of that game!
I knew that Raceland was rebuilding, but no way did I think the margin would be this big
Not shocked at all.
Congrats to Ashland on yourr win.
congrats to asland, no they get to come to belfry next i think
Congrats Ashland
Ashland pleases me with this win!
Wait a minute... Yea.. I'm sure of it, there is something strangely missing on here? :flush:
:flame:Raceland-ZERO the big goose egg, nada,nothing,zilch, zero, zippo, nil, nul. Have a great day!:biggrin:
Congrats to Ashland. Did anyone from Raceland show to play last night? I read that they held Raceland to less than 100 yards total offense. According to the Daily Independent all of Ashland's scores were set up by their defense and special teams. What is the outlook for the Rams for the rest of the season for those who saw the game?
tried to catch the game on the radio until i got tired of hearing ashland was being cheated up 31 to 0.:HitWall:
Ashland's defense showed up to play last night. They held Raceland to just 51 yards of offense going into the 4th quarter. DeMartino and company were able to shut down the bubble screen and short passing game of Raceland. As soon as a ball was caught, they were stopped before gaining anymore yardage.

Ashland's first score of the game was set up on a nice 40+ yard run by Josh Alber and punched in with a Sam Hunter QB sneak.

The second score was setup by the defensive special teams with a Nik Kosakowski punt block and recovery at the Ram 12. DeMartino converted on the next play for a 16-0 lead.

The Rams then opening the 2nd half by snapping a punt over the kicker's head resulting in a safety.

The Rams next possession ended on a Chris Pritchard interception which was returned to the Ram 6 setting up Hunter to Cory Withrow in the back of the endzone for a 24-0 lead.

The last scoring possession was highlighted by three plays resulting in a touchdown. Alber for 19 off the option. Hunter for 18 after a play fake to Alber. Alber caps the drive with an 8 yard run up the gut into the endzone.

Overall notes:

1. Raceland is still a solid team that is just inexperienced at this point. They will be dangerous come late in the season.

2. Ashland has to develop a kicking game. The only kicker on the roster is freshman Alex Hamlin. He was 1 of 1 last night on extra points, but knocked it in off the uprights. Ashland can't go for 2 all season or it will hurt them sooner or later.

3. The Ashland offense has to eliminate drive killing penalties. More than half of their points tonight were the direct result of the defense and special teams play.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland's defense showed up to play last night. They held Raceland to just 51 yards of offense going into the 4th quarter. DeMartino and company were able to shut down the bubble screen and short passing game of Raceland. As soon as a ball was caught, they were stopped before gaining anymore yardage.

Ashland's first score of the game was set up on a nice 40+ yard run by Josh Alber and punched in with a Sam Hunter QB sneak.

The second score was setup by the defensive special teams with a Nik Kosakowski punt block and recovery at the Ram 12. DeMartino converted on the next play for a 16-0 lead.

The Rams then opening the 2nd half by snapping a punt over the kicker's head resulting in a safety.

The Rams next possession ended on a Chris Pritchard interception which was returned to the Ram 6 setting up Hunter to Cory Withrow in the back of the endzone for a 24-0 lead.

The last scoring possession was highlighted by three plays resulting in a touchdown. Alber for 19 off the option. Hunter for 18 after a play fake to Alber. Alber caps the drive with an 8 yard run up the gut into the endzone.

Overall notes:

1. Raceland is still a solid team that is just inexperienced at this point. They will be dangerous come late in the season.

2. Ashland has to develop a kicking game. The only kicker on the roster is freshman Alex Hamlin. He was 1 of 1 last night on extra points, but knocked it in off the uprights. Ashland can't go for 2 all season or it will hurt them sooner or later.

3. The Ashland offense has to eliminate drive killing penalties. More than half of their points tonight were the direct result of the defense and special teams play.
Thanks. Nice analysis.
FBALL Wrote:Ashlands offense isn't that great. They are decent. Their defense is what turns the tide with speed for big plays and turnovers. A team that can run straight ahead power at them could give them fits. Raceland is not that team. I think Ironton is the kind of team that will give them the most trouble.

I thought the defense would be good but I did not think they could shut out Raceland.
bungles Wrote:tried to catch the game on the radio until i got tired of hearing ashland was being cheated up 31 to 0.:HitWall:

There were some really bad calls. I don't care if we r winning by 50.
StrayBullet Wrote:Well what happened to Raceland??

They got whipped!
Congrats Ashland

Defense wins football games.

Btw Fball where's your buddy AmaDevil? It sure seems to be quiet on here???*:popcorn:
Ashlands defense is very fast and agressive. was very happy to see that every contact made, was made with athority. very nice job t-cats. Offense needs to gel a little, alber is a tank, On to the next group of nay-sayers! where are the raceland crow eaters anyhow?
Where or where has my little RAMs gone?
Ashlands offense is going to be fine they need to polish some aspects of it but they are really young an will only get better as the season goes. I'll take 2-0 an a little polish.:rockon:

btw fball where's your buddy AmaDevil, it's been really strangely quiet on here ?? Where are all the Am fans?
Raceland is not very good. That is to be expected with the amount of talent they lost.

Ashland better get the offense in gear. Their defense is outstanding but I believe will have a much harder time the next few weeks when they have to play some power running teams that will go straight at them. That kind of running game could negate the speed of the Ashland defense. Something Raceland was incapable of doing.
Where are all you am fans.
Helloooo.... Calling all Rams, Calling all Rams. Please report to BGR you have several messages waiting.
FBALL Wrote:Raceland is not very good. That is to be expected with the amount of talent they lost.

Ashland better get the offense in gear. Their defense is outstanding but I believe will have a much harder time the next few weeks when they have to play some power running teams that will go straight at them. That kind of running game could negate the speed of the Ashland defense. Something Raceland was incapable of doing.

They are a mostly young team they will hit there stride. Albers will get untracted an lookout.