Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos suspend WR Marshall
The Denver Broncos have suspended Brandon Marshall for the rest of the preseason for insubordination.

Coach Josh McDaniels met with Marshall Friday morning and informed him he was being suspended for conduct detrimental to the team after exhibiting open acts of insubordination Wednesday on the practice field.

Marshall said some of the video, which included a shot of him sitting on his pads before practice, was taken out of context. But he acknowledged his frustration boiled over and that it was an error in judgment to act as he did, especially when he punted the ball.
"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall said.

Marshall said he wasn't trying to force his way out of town -- he asked for a trade this summer after the Broncos declined to rework a contract that will pay him $2.2 million this season.

"I'm not out there trying to be a distraction to the team," Marshall said. "Unfortunately, yesterday I kind of let my frustration get the best of me."
I feel sorry for him. Who could live on 2.2 mil this day and time. lol
I think we at BGR should help him out of this so, send me money and I will make sure he gets it. :Wave:
why wont they go ahead and trade him since he wants to be traded?
Strikeout King Wrote:why wont they go ahead and trade him since he wants to be traded?

Should every team trade every guy that says they want a trade???? :igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:Should every team trade every guy that says they want a trade???? :igiveup:

if he wants out then yes trade him.
Strikeout King Wrote:if he wants out then yes trade him.

Now that makes absolutely zero sense. So, every owner should trade every player that asks for a trade? NO! Then let every player demand to play for the team that they want? If a player signs a contract and then they feel like they deserve more and feel they can get it from another team, trade them> NO! C'mon!!!!! There is no way that owners should ever allow guys to back out of their contract just because they want to play someplace else, make more money, etc.... We would have every player in the league "DEMAND" a trade!

:please:
Stardust Wrote:Now that makes absolutely zero sense. So, every owner should trade every player that asks for a trade? NO! Then let every player demand to play for the team that they want? If a player signs a contract and then they feel like they deserve more and feel they can get it from another team, trade them> NO! C'mon!!!!! There is no way that owners should ever allow guys to back out of their contract just because they want to play someplace else, make more money, etc.... We would have every player in the league "DEMAND" a trade!

:please:

well if a player that wants a trade and isnt awarded a trade, throws a fit until they do something about it. if he wants out, then trade him and get some thats gonna be better than he is.
Strikeout King Wrote:well if a player that wants a trade and isnt awarded a trade, throws a fit until they do something about it. if he wants out, then trade him and get some thats gonna be better than he is.

So the Bengals should have traded Chad when he threw a temper tantrum? The Lakers should have sent Kobe packing because he did not want to play in LA any longer?

No. They signed a contract. Man up and honor the contract or sit out and collect nothing!
if a player asks for a trade, i would look around to see what i could get for him, if i could get a quality player or a draft pick or two then yea trade him but if you cant get any of those then bring him back in.
It would be hard to get a quality player for a troubled player and you can't win games now with next years picks, but you can't let him be a cancer in the team either. What do you do??
The first mistake coach McDaniels made was causing the Cutler trade in the first place, now everyone on the team thinks all they have to do is cause a little trouble and you get traded.
This is a tough one..Marshall is just flat out, a crybaby. Typical spoiled unlikable brat that needs his hiney beat down. Easy guy to root against, and I would LOVE to see him come over the middle against Pittsburgh and get his brain rattled by well, take your pick from any Steeler. Thatll give him a reason for crying like such a little *****.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:This is a tough one..Marshall is just flat out, a crybaby. Typical spoiled unlikable brat that needs his hiney beat down. Easy guy to root against, and I would LOVE to see him come over the middle against Pittsburgh and get his brain rattled by well, take your pick from any Steeler. Thatll give him a reason for crying like such a little *****.

I agree.