Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Smith named new LCC Wrestling Coach
Heard it from a parent who son wrestles. Good Luck to the cougars this winter, and hopefully we will get this program in a year or two on the rise. With Tyler Smith(who is his son), coming back we should contend for a individual regional title. Tyler won it last year. Who else is coming out this year on the football team?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Bob is a teacher I believe at West Whitesburg and a very nice guy. Good luck.
Behind the shadows from a source is that Coach Frohnapel is coming to help him.
As long as it is done right, we get the youth involved, and some football players come out so we can compete with Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark I am all for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

It will happen.
Is the football powers that be going to be convinced? What can we do to let the football players that isn't gifted in basketball see that this is the best thing for them athletically? Coach Howard was totally against it, and I hope that he sees what good it will do for the program. Who else beside Tyler and the Gross kid do you see as possible state bound?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I am Tyler Smith. My dad has put in for the position as head coach and coach fronapel has put in for the assistant but nothing is for sure yet. If they both get the job my dad said that he will not be doing any coaching what so ever because he knows nothing about wrestling other then what i tell him. The only reason he has agreed to be put down as the head coach was so that we could get one of the best wrestling coaches in the state back (coach fronapel). as for other contenders in going to state heres my predictions from how the rankings on kentuckywrestling.com look and what i see happening with the new coach.

State Qualifers:

103- Justin Gross
112- Joel Murtuagh
119- Tyler Smith (knock on wood)
125- Caleb Short
130- Danny Allen
135- Jordan Gibson
215- Elmer Hamonds

a few of my friends have said they would come out and one in perticular is dakota cornett who would be an amazing wrestler. hes strong, fast, and aggresive. only down side is he would be heavy weight and the number 1,3, and 4 guy in the state is all in our region.
How about Jessie Rose or the Robbie Huff? Any of them interested?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Good Luck
What is the plan to get a wrestling club back to Letcher Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I would'nt know I havent ever talked to either of them.

as far as club wrestling im sure if coach fronapel comes back he will start one like he had befor he left. which had about 15 kids attending regularly.

I believe within about 5 or 6 years he can have lcc wrestling in the top 20 of the state. we were ranked around 36th at the end of his last year and things were looking very promising for the future untill things got screwed up.
Good Luck Tyler! Hope there is another regional championship the next two years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

thanx man! I appreciate it.
Good Luck in cross country also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

My dad nor coach frohnapel will be coaching this year. coach frohnapel said he didnt feel like right now was the best time to get back into wrestling.

Word is Shawn Minster got the job. I'm sure he will do great and I look forward to having a good season as a team.
has anything been official yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I know my dad and coach frohnapel will not be coaching. as of Shawn Minster getting the job that was just word of mouth.
Well i would like to wish theme go luck
Yes good luck, and we shouldn't wait till the beginning of the season. We are a month away from the first day of practice, and they need to get the best coach they can out there and get it started.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Any word on a coach being named?
I havent heard anything and Its really gettin me mad. They will go and look for basketball and football coaches and make $100,000 teaching positions for them but wont even ask around for a wrestling coach.
I spoke with Fernaphel a while back and he seemed to be looking elsewhere. But ran into him again recently and he talked like he would at least be helping out at LCC.
I know he has a new baby, so that tends to get in the way also. Either way, i'd like to see you guys get it together soon. Fernaphel started a great program there, be a shame to see it go away.
i believe if we could just get somebody put down as the head coach that would keep things organized and have good discipline that some of the other wrestler or myself that have worked under coach fronaphel could run a hour in a half wrestling practice. just nobody is willing to step up and take the job.
They have had plenty of time to get a qualified coach, but they haven't tried.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Has it even been posted?
yes. I forget where but it still wasnt advertised very much. if you know anybody that you think could take the job please let them know we desperatly need a coach.
Is the first practice the 15th or the Monday before the 15th?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

15th

not much time.
Ill keep an eye out. I was under the impression "sarge" was gonna take over. I think thats what he was called, my time in Letcher County was very short.

Rumor has it that Hazard is starting a program this year, although we wont be allowed to wrestle them untill tourney time. (RETARDED)

I just moved back and am helping with Perry Central, or I would of been interested if a job would of went along with it. We have been having open mat for about 2 weeks now, with around 20 wrestlers out before football/soccer players. By far the biggest showing in schools history.
sarge did it last year but said it interfeared to much with JROTC and he only did it so we could have a team last year.

yes iv also heard hazard is starting a team. They might would make some kind of job with it if somebody was applying for the job for many years to come and not just one or two like we have been having.

Glade to see PCC having a good turnout. You guys have a good program going over there. Wish you guys the best of luck this season.