Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pike Co Central Hawks
41.67%
Shelby Valley Wildcats
58.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs. Pike Co. Central Aug 29.
Aug. 29 @ Pikeville High School. Kickoff starts at 6:00pm I believe.

Thoughts?
I take the Hawks by 2 TD's.
Valley 21-6
Should be a good game, but I think that SV takes this one by a touchdown or two.

Best of luck to both!
Sv 22-21
Pike County Central - 14
Shelby Valley - 21
Valley by 2 tds.
Pike Central will win. SV looked horrible tonite.
Faith Wrote:Pike Central will win. SV looked horrible tonite.
who did Valley play tonight?
SV- 26
PCC- 20

Good luck to both teams.
Valley21 PCC 6 late in the game.
I'll be pulling for the Hawks but I think Valley takes it.
I'll take Pike Central in a close one...

28-22

Valley looked Terrible lol? They played Wayne County that was state runner ups last year and valley beat them the first scrimmage 14-7, and the second scrimmage 7-6. They also beat Allen central 2 touchdowns and Also beat maggofin 2 touchdowns, Explain how they looked terrible lol? they played 3 teams and didnt lose one game. so please explain!
Ok i know it was a scrimmage and most teams are going to make mistakes but i really want to know how valley was so horrible and beat a very well respected team from virginia(Wayne County)???
I dont want to give valley the big head, PC may having the coaching but the talent SV has is un compariable
SV-whatever they want
PC-6
And shall i add that the first game Valley played wayne they had 20 posetions when valley got 10 and still beat them 14-7 and also dont think they lost the team that came in 2nd in the state last year they brought back 16 seniors
i think Pike Central will suprise many in this game, the played a very good Henry Co. team and was leading at half time. Chapman will have a great game plan lets just hope he can adjust some things during halftime this time unlike he did against Henry
Valley by a TD

Well, I have yet to see PC play, but I thought SV looked very impressive last night in their scrimmage. They will not play anyone any better than Wayne Co. WV this year. SV's running game looked good, but I was impressed by their ability to throw the football. Their defense looked rock solid, however their extra point kicking game needs work, I would go for 2.
Im gonna go with Valley in this one.

Cats-28
Hakws-14
I guess I watched a different game. SV runs the wishbone and struggle being consistant gaining yards. It looked like they struggled moving the ball against MC but had a big play. The bone is not designed to score on plays that go back and forth. BJ just made some plays that he is not going to make against a good team. SV should have got five yards everytime they ran the ball.

This program has took about ten steps back. I have never seen so many dads on the sideline standing talking to the kids. The young coach who acts like he is coaching a lot but you can tell what he is doing was passing football to one kid while he was on the field. Who is this guy? CAN YOU SAY BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!! Saunders had control of this team and it is gone now. The players walk to spots, walk around with no helmet on and off the field, and just do not play with the same fire they had last year. This is the most talent team since the Dusty Hall team. They should kill people but it is not going to happen. Prestonsburg will kill them by three or more touchdowns.
Faith Wrote:I guess I watched a different game. SV runs the wishbone and struggle being consistant gaining yards. It looked like they struggled moving the ball against MC but had a big play. The bone is not designed to score on plays that go back and forth. BJ just made some plays that he is not going to make against a good team. SV should have got five yards everytime they ran the ball.

This program has took about ten steps back. I have never seen so many dads on the sideline standing talking to the kids. The young coach who acts like he is coaching a lot but you can tell what he is doing was passing football to one kid while he was on the field. Who is this guy? CAN YOU SAY BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!! Saunders had control of this team and it is gone now. The players walk to spots, walk around with no helmet on and off the field, and just do not play with the same fire they had last year. This is the most talent team since the Dusty Hall team. They should kill people but it is not going to happen. Prestonsburg will kill them by three or more touchdowns.

Nice upbeat post before you even play a game. Give the team a chance at a couple of games and then make a true judgement.
Faith Wrote:I guess I watched a different game. SV runs the wishbone and struggle being consistant gaining yards. It looked like they struggled moving the ball against MC but had a big play. The bone is not designed to score on plays that go back and forth. BJ just made some plays that he is not going to make against a good team. SV should have got five yards everytime they ran the ball.

Every post I have ever read from you downed Saunders. But you condone him for having control of this team? What exactly is your problem with Valley?
Just to prove what I was sayign this was posted in an earlier thread.

ITs a big deal when everyone in the school hates you and will not help you. He had to pull someone from Pikeville to help and he will not be there long. He tried to take money out of Anthony's families pocket by telling him he couldn't drive a bus. He also done those other people wrong that helped him. He was horrible and very disrespectful to bobby Branham.

He doesn't teach anything at all. He is late or leaves early every day not telling anyone at the school he is leaving. He also has embarrassed the school in professional development being asked to leave and the principal has to drive him back to school.

He cusses at his players and his coaches like they are trash. He should never be aloud around those boys. Many times he has got into arguments with students.

The only reason he won that playoff game is because the schools changed to a weaker district. He has done nothing anyother coach hasn't done.

I would love to know who loves him on that team. I was told Hughes didn't want to play because of him.

Who is on his staff anyways?
Did PC & SV play last year and if they did what was the score ?
I'll go with PCC by 7. best of luck Hawks
i take pike central in this one.

by atleast 2 touch downs

they done good against henery co the other night and they done great when they scrimmaged paintsville winning 48 to 6 i think?

anyway

good luck hawks!

i wont be able to be at the game but i know you all can win!
I am going with Pike Central due to having Chapman on the sidelines.
Hawks fly high on this one..

Pike Co Central 32
Shelby Valley 21
Pike Central 24

Shelby Valley 6