Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 22 - Betsy Layne 19
Tough loss for the Bobcats. Is this Bishop Brossart's first win in history?
Yep, Bishops first win I do believe.. Really wanted BL to pull it out. Dont give up BL, keep at it, you will win. As for Bishop, congrats on your first win, must be an amazing feeling.
congrads to Brossart for the schools first win ever in football. Hope you have many more to come!
Congats on your first ever win Brossart.
Big win for Brossart. Seen this one coming. Bobcats keep ya heads up.
Wow, I'm surprised as well as excited for the Brossart program. Congrats on the first ever win by the program in High School football.
Colton Best intercepted a pass with 32 seconds remaining to seal the win for Bishop Brossart, the first victory in school history.

Chris Bowman rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns to lead Brossart.

Brossart 14 0 0 8--22
Betsy Lane 0 19 0 0--19

BB–Whitford 33 pass from Orth (Morrison kick)

BB–Bowman 36 run (Morrison kick)

BL–Atkins 60 run (kick failed)

BL–Atkins 20 yard reception (kick good)

BL–Fumble return (conversion failed)

BB–Bowman 5 run (Bowman run)

Records: BB 1-0, BL 0-1
Congrats on the first one.
Why would Betsy Layne throw the ball if there winning in the 4th???? And with 32 seconds left? Bad coaching mistake
Stardust Wrote:Wow, I'm surprised as well as excited for the Brossart program. Congrats on the first ever win by the program in High School football.

I warned you guys in a previous thread that I thought Brossart would win this game. They have to compete against tougher teams in NK. I am not trying to be mean but Betsy Layne is a team that most mountain teams like to play on homecoming.
Real Badman Wrote:Why would Betsy Layne throw the ball if there winning in the 4th???? And with 32 seconds left? Bad coaching mistake

I think you misinterpreted the post. Betsy Layne was down a score so they had to pass to try and re-take the lead and win the game. They had the ball, they were down and Brossart intercepted the ball with 32 seconds left thus ending any chance of Betsy Lane coming back. Does that help clear some things up?
According too Stardusts stats:

"Colton Best intercepted a pass with 32 seconds remaining to seal the win for Bishop Brossart, the first victory in school history.

Brossart 14 0 0 8--22
Betsy Lane 0 19 0 0--19"

by that I assume Brossart was down 19-14 before picking the BL pass.
Sort of surprised by the final but then again I'm not after I think about it.

Both programs are at the bottom of high school football in Kentucky, but both can only go one way with their programs and that is up. Hopefully none of BL's fans quit on this team as they will compete with each of their opponents this season.

Congrats Bishop Broassart!
Congrats to Bishop
Real Badman Wrote:According too Stardusts stats:

"Colton Best intercepted a pass with 32 seconds remaining to seal the win for Bishop Brossart, the first victory in school history.

Brossart 14 0 0 8--22
Betsy Lane 0 19 0 0--19"

by that I assume Brossart was down 19-14 before picking the BL pass.

Brossart intercepted the BL pass as the Bobcats were trying to make one final drive to either tie/take the lead. BL had already burned their timeouts in the previous Brossart possession so when the Brossart player intercepted the pass with 32 seconds left, all they had to do was take a knee.

Hope that clears it up... Congrats to Brossart on their first victory ever.
Stardust Wrote:Colton Best intercepted a pass with 32 seconds remaining to seal the win for Bishop Brossart, the first victory in school history.

Chris Bowman rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns to lead Brossart.

Brossart 14 0 0 8--22
Betsy Lane 0 19 0 0--19

BB–Whitford 33 pass from Orth (Morrison kick)

BB–Bowman 36 run (Morrison kick)

BL–Atkins 60 run (kick failed)

BL–Atkins 20 yard reception (kick good)

BL–Fumble return (conversion failed)

BB–Bowman 5 run (Bowman run)

Records: BB 1-0, BL 0-1

Congrats to Brossart on 1st ever win....I don't think the Bobcats expected a big stallion like Bowman last night the 1st half he ran over the Bobcats...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
I know you all are thinking the same ol bobcats. But this BB team will win another one this year. And probably one more in the next two weeks. I can blame alot of things like big head after last friday and looked over them. Secondly BB wanted it more. The bobcats will still do good. The will have to tweak some things but it will happen.

CONGRATS BB
BL you just got punched in the mouth, lets go to WV and get the first this week.
Way to go Mustangs. Remember that one's in the past time to focus on the next one.
jammin' jamey Wrote:BL had already burned their timeouts in the previous Brossart possession so when the Brossart player intercepted the pass with 32 seconds left, all they had to do was take a knee.

and then some. BL used 4 timeouts in the second half. Not that anyone was countingConfusedhh:
Congrats to the Stangs on their first ever varsity win. Way to go in to the mountains and represent nky well.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Congrats to the Stangs on their first ever varsity win. Way to go in to the mountains and represent nky well.

Now that's not nice :biggrin:
Hey, it's good to finally have another region to kinda have a rivalry with on here. EKY vs. NKY again this weekend with Pikeville and Holy Cross :biggrin:.
Stardust Wrote:Now that's not nice :biggrin:

My comment was no "shot" at mountain football at all.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hey, it's good to finally have another region to kinda have a rivalry with on here. EKY vs. NKY again this weekend with Pikeville and Holy Cross :biggrin:.

:Thumbs:
congrats bb
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hey, it's good to finally have another region to kinda have a rivalry with on here. EKY vs. NKY again this weekend with Pikeville and Holy Cross :biggrin:.

How is Pikevilles experience? HS is loaded with senior experience and this may be Bruce Kozerski's best team ever.
Stardust, I'll reply in the Pikeville/HC thread.
^ I'll look for it partner.
I thought with all the BL hype the entire off season that they were poised to make a state championship run......I'm surprised at this, but none the less, congrats to BB. I am glad you got that monkey off your back
The bobcats will be alright. They overlooked a good opponent. BB is no slouch and will do good this year. I will guarantee they will win one more. If they dont this year I will stop posting on this site forever! The bobcats will bounce back. They first must take a step back and fix what has been broken. GO BOBCATS!!!