Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams Scrimmage?
Drove by Blackcat Stadium after I got off work and seen that Adams was either scrimmaging or having an actual game against what looked like Martin County.

Any details?
It was a scrimmage against Belfry.
Final was Belfry 2 Adams 1
Defense was ok for first scrimmage. Offense needs work !
Both teams went scoreless first string on the first two 10 play sets.
Adams scored on the third set and Belfry scored twice on the last set.
Belfry will be very good this season ... Coach May does a good job with the Pirates.
I heard that the A-team got a transfer from Lexington. I was told he is a quarterback.

Any idea what role he's playing, if true?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I heard that the A-team got a transfer from Lexington. I was told he is a quarterback.

Any idea what role he's playing, if true?

sounds like my friends kid found a home. He's from Beaumont middle school here in Lexington. Heck of an athlete. Really good runner with a strong arm that might need some accuracy work. Fantastic defensive back. I'm not positive but I think he will be playing as a 7th grade and 8th grade player since he told me he was going to hold him back this year. I would love to hear any news about his team this season if anybody can post their scores.
knighted Wrote:sounds like my friends kid found a home. He's from Beaumont middle school here in Lexington. Heck of an athlete. Really good runner with a strong arm that might need some accuracy work. Fantastic defensive back. I'm not positive but I think he will be playing as a 7th grade and 8th grade player since he told me he was going to hold him back this year. I would love to hear any news about his team this season if anybody can post their scores.

Well then canoeman08 is your man because he is the head coach for the Adams Middle A-team.

I know a few high school players seen him throw it and was pretty impressed.
knighted Wrote:sounds like my friends kid found a home. He's from Beaumont middle school here in Lexington. Heck of an athlete. Really good runner with a strong arm that might need some accuracy work. Fantastic defensive back. I'm not positive but I think he will be playing as a 7th grade and 8th grade player since he told me he was going to hold him back this year. I would love to hear any news about his team this season if anybody can post their scores.

Good kid ! Good Athlete ! He is just getting started with us and will be a big help. If our protection comes around, we could be pretty good. We have several good athletes on this team this season. This group works really hard in practice. Time will tell ....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well then canoeman08 is your man because he is the head coach for the Adams Middle A-team.

I know a few high school players seen him throw it and was pretty impressed.

I didn't mean to imply that my boy couldn't throw it. I should of said he is such a good runner and that if he can execute his passing to match his running he will be a joy to watch. My son has played baseball, basketball and football every year since they were 7 so I consider myself qualified to rate him. I would of loved to had him play middle school at Lexington Catholic with us but his dad is a Blackcat alumni who was quite a running back in the early 80's.(so he tells me anyway):eyeroll::eyeroll:
With a new, passing, QB, sounds like Adams, may be in the hunt for a County showdown with BL, and have a legit shot at the Big Sandy Conf.
Just curious, Who is his Dad? Knighted, take comfort, You all have Bill Letton, who is probably one of the finest individuals coaching high school football and he started his career at P-burg.

ps--If I'm not mistaken, he coached Canoeman, so there is a connection to LCHS
hawg laig Wrote:Just curious, Who is his Dad? Knighted, take comfort, You all have Bill Letton, who is probably one of the finest individuals coaching high school football and he started his career at P-burg.

ps--If I'm not mistaken, he coached Canoeman, so there is a connection to LCHS

Not sure about the connection but his dad's name is John Anderson. He graduated 1980 or 81. If memory serves that would mean he played under Haywood I think.
From what I remember John was pretty solid in the backfield, not big, but quick and would hit like a train. If I'm not mistaken he played on the same team as the current PHS head coach John Derosett. He may have been a member of one of Haywood's last P-burg teams

If he plays like his Dad, Adams got a good one.
hawg laig Wrote:From what I remember John was pretty solid in the backfield, not big, but quick and would hit like a train. If I'm not mistaken he played on the same team as the current PHS head coach John Derosett. He may have been a member of one of Haywood's last P-burg teams

If he plays like his Dad, Adams got a good one.

If that's how John played then I see where Grant gets it. The boy is very fast and will lay a lick on you. He's just as good or better in baseball and basketball. He would of been a major player on our 8th grade team this year if he had transferred. Let me know how they turn out during the season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Drove by Blackcat Stadium after I got off work and seen that Adams was either scrimmaging or having an actual game against what looked like Martin County.

Any details?

Adams will be just fine. Their line is huge and this team has too many athletes on it in various roles not to win some ballgames. They need a little more time to gel, that's all. Keens is a horse and I think Anderson will be a nice addition as well once the line gives him a little more time in the pocket. Goodluck Blackcats, I think it will be a great season.:Cheerlead
knighted Wrote:I didn't mean to imply that my boy couldn't throw it. I should of said he is such a good runner and that if he can execute his passing to match his running he will be a joy to watch. My son has played baseball, basketball and football with him every year since they were 7 so I consider myself qualified to rate him. I would of loved to had him play middle school at Lexington Catholic with us but his dad is a Blackcat alumni who was quite a running back in the early 80's.(so he tells me anyway):eyeroll::eyeroll:
:eyeroll:
ignore my last post. I'm still trying to figure out how to edit my posts after I have posted them