Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
I have been a fan of Jr since he came into nascar....But I guess I have saw the light...He is another Kyle Petty....All he is doing is driving on his daddys name. I figured this would get alot of feathers ruffled. As bad as I hate to say it I can name at least 10-15 drivers that is alot better than Jr right now. I was just wondering what everyone thinks.
Why wait until he has a good run, Then post a thread like that? But yeah, He's a normal nascar driver. He doesnt suck or anything, His huge fan club just blows him up, Like any normal fan's would do i guess.
I like Jr, but he is the most over hyped person in sports. When he has a good car he does well, if someone else doesn't take him out.
Like yesterday he finished third. He had a good car all day and never got took out.
well i lost a lot of respect for jr when he was blaming the losses on his sponsors. now, that he got that out og the way and on with the best he still sucks!!!
He is hit or miss at best. He is always a threat but not a great!
jbyrd777b Wrote:I have been a fan of Jr since he came into nascar....But I guess I have saw the light...He is another Kyle Petty....All he is doing is driving on his daddys name. I figured this would get alot of feathers ruffled. As bad as I hate to say it I can name at least 10-15 drivers that is alot better than Jr right now. I was just wondering what everyone thinks.

I don't think there is that many better then him...JMO but I think it is that he does not have a set of nuts to race a care...if he was to race harder and not being afraid to wreck, like he is...I think he would be much better
He's just been a complete and total bust, what has he done? Not a thing and he never will, this is as good as he'll ever be...just his name, sorry he's lucky to be considered average.
Brings up a lot of the same things we said in a previous thread: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...=tony+eury
im not saying he isnt good because in 2004 or something like that he won 6 races i think? and maybe 15 top 10 finishes, and then was penalized for cussing on tv 25 points which hurt his cup chances, seems like hes really having a bad year, maybe hes taking it easy or just having a bad year
Wildcatk23 Wrote:im not saying he isnt good because in 2004 or something like that he won 6 races i think? and maybe 15 top 10 finishes, and then was penalized for cussing on tv 25 points which hurt his cup chances, seems like hes really having a bad year, maybe hes taking it easy or just having a bad year

Five years ago! I had hair back then.....
yea and if im not mistaken didnt he get kyle busch's old cars from hendrick?....I mean look at johnson, gordon,martin...they are all doing good this year it isnt like JR can blame it on the equipment bc he can't so IDK what he will blame it on this time anyone have an idea?
Perfect comparison when comparing to Kyle Petty..A little bit better than Kyle, but not much..
i believe he is better than kyle or least im a bigger fan of him.
Yea he is better than kyle but it was a great comparison...If it wasnt for Richard, Kyle wouldnt of had a ride like JR he was driving only on the name...
jbyrd777b Wrote:yea and if im not mistaken didnt he get kyle busch's old cars from hendrick?....I mean look at johnson, gordon,martin...they are all doing good this year it isnt like JR can blame it on the equipment bc he can't so IDK what he will blame it on this time anyone have an idea?

As a matter of fact he does not have the same. When Dale Jr first came to Hendrick he personly asked to keep most of his old equipment, which was a huge mistake. I believe if he would just try because he never trys for if he wanted to he could drive with the attitude his dad had. Look at Kyle Bush I hate him with a passion but he drives hard...just like Sr. Dale Jr needs to grow him a pair...JMO
I agree 100% dale jr is scared and needs to drive that car and hes stupid for wanting to keep his stuff....and I dont think he can pay attention a full race or something I think he has something wrong with him....its like hes not into it or wanting to win....
I hope Jr. wins another race or two in his career
2 top 10s in a row now. JR and Mcgrew are turning the corner.
I think he will be fine, he just needs to get use to his new team.
as of the last 2 races he has done well, hopefully he can keep it up