Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. has 2 players in top 50 players in state.
#1 player is Channing Fugate tough hard nose running back and defensive back that has all tools to make it at Tenn.Vols

Jade Haddix if stays healthy will show lots of teams how to run and throw the football he is very good at both and should be able to turn short runs in to long gainers with his 4.46 speed and on defense he will close in quick for lots of tackles,hiis arm strength has really improved and that along with his recieving core make this team lethal.

How many mountian players made the top 50!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:#1 player is Channing Fugate tough hard nose running back and defensive back that has all tools to make it at Tenn.Vols

Jade Haddix if stays healthy will show lots of teams how to run and throw the football he is very good at both and should be able to turn short runs in to long gainers with his 4.46 speed and on defense he will close in quick for lots of tackles,hiis arm strength has really improved and that along with his recieving core make this team lethal.

Jade Haddix does not run a 4.46 forty.
Super-Card Wrote:Jade Haddix does not run a 4.46 forty.
Probably not, but have you timed him?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Jade runs a 4.49.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Mountain Players on the List:
RB Fugate and QB Haddix- Breathitt
QB Jordan Amis- Perry Central
QB Ryan Moses- Williamsburg
QB Chris Muse- Pulaski County
QB Thomas Varney- Belfry
RB Caleb Watkins- Corbin
QB Aaron Watts- McCreary County

Big year for mobile dual-threat QB's in the mountains as 6 of them make the list out of the 8 players.
Thomas Varney plays RB and DB, not QB.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:Thomas Varney plays RB and DB, not QB.

And QB as of this year.

You need to research your regional rival a little better C. Clair... :biggrin:
Varney is playing the QB spot too.
Varney is not playing QB
Varney did not play any QB at the scrimmage vs Hazard.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Can someone post the link
Stardust Wrote:Can someone post the link

you can if you'd like!!!
beasy_bo Wrote:you can if you'd like!!!

?????
Stardust Wrote:?????

i dont get it?????
Here is the link to the states top 50 players. It has Thomas Varney listed as
5'11, 170 lb, Sr. who plays RB/DB. I do my research EKU, no worries.

http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/897219.html
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I remember hearing from a few coaches that Haddix ran a 4.6 at the University of the Cumberlands "pro day" event.
C.Clair Wrote:Here is the link to the states top 50 players. It has Thomas Varney listed as

Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard's team photos and some pics of the Hazard-Belfry scrimmage are located at this link thanks to smoothphoto....

http://www.smoothphoto.com/gallery/9256370_gnXA3#P-1-12

See the above post from the Hazard vs. Belfry scrimmage.... Photo #53.

Thomas was a RB/DB last year, but with the graduation of Andrew Elkins he will be assuming the QB role for Belfry this season.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Probably not, but have you timed him?

No need. If he ran anywhere in the 4.4 range then he would not have got caught like he was standing still by Central in the finals. He is a good QB and a great athlete, but few kids in the country run in the 4.4 range. He is fast and very fast by Eastern Kentucky standards, but not 4.4 fast. I was there at Cumberland when he turned in a 4.6.
C.Clair Wrote:Here is the link to the states top 50 players. It has Thomas Varney listed as

Thank you, much appreciated.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:See the above post from the Hazard vs. Belfry scrimmage.... Photo #53.

Thomas was a RB/DB last year, but with the graduation of Andrew Elkins he will be assuming the QB role for Belfry this season.

Yep, Thomas definitely played QB at Hazard, and with a little more experience, he will be a dandy.
Csportsman11 Wrote:#1 player is Channing Fugate tough hard nose running back and defensive back that has all tools to make it at Tenn.Vols

I was thinking that they had listed Channing as the #1. I see, it was an opinion.

Connaughton is the real deal at Cov Cath. This is a kid with D1 looks ever since his Frosh year. My son had the privelage to play Red Devils with him. Which Connoaughton would have played HS with him....:biggrin:
I'm pretty surprised the Chris Kelly of NCC is not listed. He will be one of the best in NKY and should get more statewide exposure now that his brother Mark has graduated.
Stardust Wrote:I'm pretty surprised the Chris Kelly of NCC is not listed. He will be one of the best in NKY and should get more statewide exposure now that his brother Mark has graduated.

Stardust,
What are you hearing up your way about the QB from Cov. Holy Cross?

I heard he looks like he could have been contending for a spot on this list and he apparently gave CovCath all sorts of fits in their scrimmage the other night.
Walker is a first year starter but is a stud athlete. He is very Vick like, even left handed. He's not going to beat you with his arm, but Roenker in the backfield, this will be an incredible tandem on the ground. Kozerski has the best lineman of his tenure. You have these guys out front with the two guys in the backfield, and they will really push New Cath for the #1 2A spot in NKY this year.

Specific to your question, I don't know that I would list Walker in the top 50, especially with this being his first full year, but he has the potential to put up some incredible numbers for a QB on the ground.
Jade never went to anything at Cumberland and he did run a 4.49 at WKU's camp. You will see this Saturday against Mercer.

he is playing qb this year.

well i say they didnt do there research, my ex step son plays on the team and he said that varney is qb and i should be getting my cd from the game anyday. so when i watch it i will let you know.
Okay, thanks Cuppett777.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]