Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is truly the best baseball player ever?
Jshort5 Wrote:Pete Rose's Five Tools. (BTW, Pete Rose is my favorite Baseball player of all-time)

1-Speed
2-Hitting (Duhh)
3-Hustle
4-Gambler
5-Great Manager

Big Grin

Mine too, when it comes to only the baseball player part.

Pretty good list of tools though.

Original.:Thumbs:
I'm gonna have to say either Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays. I like Pete Rose, but he lacked somewhat on the defensive side of things. So I'm gonna stick with Mick, and Mays.
Rose was a great hitter but not blessed with a great arm and was an above average fielder but not a great one. And he was a singles hitter with very limited power, not nearly the complete hitter that Mantle, Mays, Aaron and Ted Williams were. Remember, while Rose is the all time hits leader, his lifetime batting average is nowhere near that of Cobb's, Ruth, Williams, Gehrig or Carew to name just a few. Rose was exactly what the Big Red Machine needed but not a five too player.
Okay, enough of this...I am the greatest player to ever play the game of baseball. Brilliant defensive player. A sparkling .270 hitter my sr year, with 14 stolen bases..now, anybody wanna argue? Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just a thought about Babe Ruth no one really thinks about, how do you think he would've faired if black players were in the league?
You know what? This thread is going to keep going and be a dead end. IMO blah is the best player ever of all time. Baseball is a team sport as is most any other. You can't put that tab on a player. All the high def cable i pay for tries to put a dime on what they think im gonna watch. They have many specials on stuff like this and i don't like it. Who is the best defense, who duh best pitcher, who duh best mascot. Do not take the sport out of sport!!!!!!!!!!!