Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 5-6 grade?
I heard LCC has a good 5th/6th grade football team. How do they look this year? What position are their best players? Is a schedule available for post?
Evarts 38- LCC 0 NUFF SAID?????
Daddycat
How does the tune of 48-0 in the 7th/8th grade game sound to you, you know the one that really counts?
Hmm' Lambert#1 I'm pretty sure the thread was for 5/6 grade football. The last time I checked it did count!!! Just like last year when EVARTS beat LCC in the Shriner's Bowl!!! Keep up the good work CATS!
Goldylox Wrote:Hmm' Lambert#1 I'm pretty sure the thread was for 5/6 grade football. The last time I checked it did count!!! Just like last year when EVARTS beat LCC in the Shriner's Bowl!!! Keep up the good work CATS!

And I wonder how old some of those Evarts players are?
JP55 Wrote:And I wonder how old some of those Evarts players are?

seriously? well i am pretty sure that we don't have anyone that is over 12! I wonder how old LCC's players were that we beat last year in the shriner's bowl? some of them could have passed for JV easily.
I hope these are kids because if it isn't it sounds like a contest to see who can act like the most immature adult.
This is not to sound in any way critical here. I am just curious. I help run a league that plays kids from K-6th grade. I have been doing this for around 7 years now. We do have the occasional kid that is 12 years old in the 6th grade due to birth dates falling in the middle somewhere. My question is that if a kid starts 1st grade as a 6 year old as most do, then wouldnt the majority of 6th graders be 11 years old.
In the school system we are in, my son , who has a Feb. birth day, is one of the older kids in his 6th grade class. I remember some of the kids I went to high school with getting their liscense at the end of thier sophomore year, but none in the fall semester . If a kid is 12 right now and playing 6th grade ball, then he would get his liscense in August or Sept.
In 7 years running our league, we have had a total of 6 12 year olds play 6th grade ball. All where due to hold back in 1st or 2nd grade as a parents choice.
In most cases, there is a huge difference between an 11 year old and a 12 year old. It is not as simple as one years difference. Most 12 year olds are simply just more physical.