Poll: How long does Pitino stay at UofL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
He resigns before this season
20.59%
He stays one more year
41.18%
He stays 2-5 more years
23.53%
He stays 5+ more years
14.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much longer does Pitino stay?
Ok, considering the news of the night. How much longer do you think Pitino will be at UofL?

Personally, I think he's done with UofL after this year.
If Loserville goes to the final four, he'll be there as long as he wants to be....remember, we're talking about Louisville. They hired Petrino too, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After this season is quite the possibility, because having an abortion cannot look to great in a lot of recruits mothers eyes. It's also an embarrassment to the University of Louisville.

I'd like to see what UL's AD & President says before I make any predictions on Rick's future.
We may have just seen the end of Ricky P at Louisville after the 09-10 season. I agree with everything CE and BCA have said.

I think he's gone in April of 2010.
I think he'll stay for this season just to see how much scrutiny he's going to get, then resign.
This will be Ricky P.'s last season for the Ville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
If he is successul this year, he stays on for as long as he wants. Guys, we are amking a lot out of this, and rightfully so. We are looking at this all logically and saying that parents of players will reject this guy. I've seen too much lately of players and coache that I thought there careers are over to only see the most illogical reaction from fans and administrations alike. I don't know, but I think he survives this.
i dont like the cards, and its awful what happen,anybody ever heard of forgiveness and a 2nd chance..
I think he's gone after this season.
Lot's of people say he's gone after this season. Give a little more detail as to why you think he will be gone. Just curious to know what peoples thoughts are an not looking for the simple reply....
I absolutely agree 100%...it doesnt matter how big that black mark is, if they win 30 games and go to the Final Four, he can stay put..Presidents and University big shots can say what they want, and talk as tough as they want, but they dont mess with success. Nothing will ever be said to Ricky if they have a good season. Like I said, this is the same University that hired Bobby Petrino, who makes Bill Clinton look honest.
Stardust Wrote:If he is successul this year, he stays on for as long as he wants. Guys, we are amking a lot out of this, and rightfully so. We are looking at this all logically and saying that parents of players will reject this guy. I've seen too much lately of players and coache that I thought there careers are over to only see the most illogical reaction from fans and administrations alike. I don't know, but I think he survives this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you can find a silver lining in this, it would only be that Pat Forde has egg all over his face, and now maybe MR. ESPN Senior Sports writer who exclusively trashes UK in favor of the Cards won't be so bouncy in his material. No one is so admirable of Calapari that if something happened that we would have someone like Mr. Ford who thinks Rick was Mr. God of Basketball, looking like Pat Forde is right now. I'm sure the UK fans are thinking up of poster signs now.
^ lol
Stardust Wrote:Lot's of people say he's gone after this season. Give a little more detail as to why you think he will be gone. Just curious to know what peoples thoughts are an not looking for the simple reply....

He will leave because he has been there for a good bit of time and he is getting a itch to move on IMO. As most of are aware he doesn't like to stay in a place for too long,there were rumors abound about him taking the Arizona job then there were the USC rumors. When he was at KentuckY we heard almost every year he was entertaining new job offers. Sounds like the same old tune is playing in Louisville then add the nightmare that has been brought to light I believe it will give him the opening he has been looking for.And I qoute "This is my last college coaching job". I didn't believe then or now.
I think he's done after this season.. Lets face it, he is going to get massacred by the fans now, in any Arena, Gym, Fieldhouse he steps in... How much of it will he be able to take?
Kentucky fans are going to rip him apart when he comes to Rupp this year. Should be entertaining to watch.
PC and Stardust are right on the money. When Pitino comes to Rupp it is not going to be a pretty site for him or any UL fan but if he is able to duplicate what the team did last year, all will be forgiven for the most part because for most fans, and this is an ugly truth, are more concerned with the bottoms line which is wins and losses.
He is staying until he can't win anymore. You can bet the fanbase will back him along with the University.
Stardust Wrote:If he is successul this year, he stays on for as long as he wants. Guys, we are amking a lot out of this, and rightfully so. We are looking at this all logically and saying that parents of players will reject this guy. I've seen too much lately of players and coache that I thought there careers are over to only see the most illogical reaction from fans and administrations alike. I don't know, but I think he survives this.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:I absolutely agree 100%...it doesnt matter how big that black mark is, if they win 30 games and go to the Final Four, he can stay put..Presidents and University big shots can say what they want, and talk as tough as they want, but they dont mess with success. Nothing will ever be said to Ricky if they have a good season. Like I said, this is the same University that hired Bobby Petrino, who makes Bill Clinton look honest.

You two bring up good points, but if Pitino leaves UL after this season, don't you think UL has enough money to get another big-time coach in there? **** they'll have a new arena, they have tradition, etc. Make the right hire and success will stick.

Rick's been at UL for nearly a decade now and he's been to 1 or 2 final fours. He's won the Big East, and he already had a championship on his resume before he even came to UL.

I'm not saying that I'll think he'll leave for sure, but if he does or he's fired then I think we all know that the University of Louisville will be able to get another coach in there that will be able to keep UL just as competitive as Pitino did.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You two bring up good points, but if Pitino leaves UL after this season, don't you think UL has enough money to get another big-time coach in there? **** they'll have a new arena, they have tradition, etc. Make the right hire and success will stick.

Rick's been at UL for nearly a decade now and he's been to 1 or 2 final fours. He's won the Big East, and he already had a championship on his resume before he even came to UL.

I'm not saying that I'll think he'll leave for sure, but if he does or he's fired then I think we all know that the University of Louisville will be able to get another coach in there that will be able to keep UL just as competitive as Pitino did.

God, I hope it's not Cal following in Pitino's footsteps again.......:biggrin:
Not the entire story, but the only paragraphs worth a read...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The woman accused of trying to extort Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino approached him in a restaurant six years ago, and the two had sex at a table after closing time, the coach told police.

Two weeks later, the married father of five gave Karen Cunagin Sypher $3,000 after she said she needed an abortion and didn't have health insurance, according to a summary of Pitino's July 12 statement to police. The coach's attorney, Steve Pence, said Wednesday that the money was to help her get medical coverage, not specifically to pay for an abortion.

"The way this has been reported in the media is not accurate," Pence told The Associated Press. "The coach has not done anything illegal."

Pitino told police he had been drinking at upscale restaurant Porcini and had consensual sex with Cunagin Sypher in August 2003 at a table near the bar. The police report said the 56-year-old coach denied Cunagin Sypher's allegations that he raped her after the restaurant closed and at another time somewhere else.

University of Louisville president James Ramsey expressed surprise at the new details in the scandal surrounding the coach, a staunch Roman Catholic whose contract includes dishonesty and "moral depravity" as grounds for firing.

"Several months ago, Coach Pitino informed me about the alleged extortion attempt. I've now been informed that there may be other details which, if true, I find surprising," Ramsey said in a statement, adding that his thoughts were with the Pitino family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4394257
Saying he will coach at Louisville "as long as they'll have me," Rick Pitino apologized on Wednesday for "an indiscretion" he committed six years ago.

In a news conference at the university, Pitino did not directly address the report that he admitted that he had consensual sex with the woman charged with trying to extort him and then paid her $3,000. But he did say that "the past seven months have been very difficult on the people I love."

The Courier-Journal of Louisville, citing police records, reported on Tuesday that Pitino made those admissions.

Pitino did not take questions

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story...NHeadlines
I see him staying till as long as he wants. I mean he just did get back from the elite 8, no program is going to fire their coach after a showing like last year from Pitino
"As long as theyll have me" is short for "As soon as a big name school offers" in Pitino-talk. Start looking for your coach, Louisville, this cat is gone.
Stardust Wrote:Saying he will coach at Louisville "as long as they'll have me," Rick Pitino apologized on Wednesday for "an indiscretion" he committed six years ago.

In a news conference at the university, Pitino did not directly address the report that he admitted that he had consensual sex with the woman charged with trying to extort him and then paid her $3,000. But he did say that "the past seven months have been very difficult on the people I love."

The Courier-Journal of Louisville, citing police records, reported on Tuesday that Pitino made those admissions.

Pitino did not take questions

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story...NHeadlines
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He will be there as long as he wants to be. I mean think about it.. UofL has consistantly been one of the top teams in the country under his guidance. Who would they get that could top Pitino that would actually leave their present school to go to Louisville?
I think he stays if he wins.
Besides there are plenty more women in Looserville, no need to get hung up on just one.
:roses:
I don't think he will resign.
I dont see Ricky P going anywhere. I think he'll be there untill he wants out. I really dont see him gettin forced out by anyone with the UL. If Rick wants to be there 2010 he'll be there, if he wants to be there in 2012 he'll be there. JMO.
I think this is the first UL thread that "theVille" hasn't commented on. :lmao: So i think "theVille" should man up and give us his opinion. :biggrin:
MVP2 Wrote:I dont see Ricky P going anywhere. I think he'll be there untill he wants out. I really dont see him gettin forced out by anyone with the UL. If Rick wants to be there 2010 he'll be there, if he wants to be there in 2012 he'll be there. JMO.

Agreed