Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall Dunking on Jerry Stackhouse
Nasty, wow!
Wall may end up being one of the greatest to ever play at UK.

I've watched highlights and the videos from pick-up games and he is just a notch above everyone else.

It's simply amazing!
Im glad this was stackhouse and not lebron, we would have never seen it otherwise. But big ups to john wall, the coach cal era is on the rise
The difference between John Wall and the rest of the top incoming freshman in the country.

You can compare everyone else's game to current NBA players and college stars. But when it is all said and done, after this season incoming PG's will be compared to John Wall instead.

The kid is simply on another level.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Im glad this was stackhouse and not lebron, we would have never seen it otherwise. But big ups to john wall, the coach cal era is on the rise

Yeah, you are right, we would have never got to see this tape, hahaha!

:lmao:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Wall may end up being one of the greatest to ever play at UK.
I've watched highlights and the videos from pick-up games and he is just a notch above everyone else.

It's simply amazing!

For one year of playing time??????
Stardust Wrote:For one year of playing time??????

Yes.

I'm sure he'll come close or maybe break some single season records as a freshman this season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yes.

I'm sure he'll come close or maybe break some single season records as a freshman this season.

I think there is to much talent on the team fro him to just completely runaway with the glory, we have the best recruiting class just not the best point guard
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I think there is to much talent on the team fro him to just completely runaway with the glory, we have the best recruiting class just not the best point guard

You have to admit that Wall is clearly better than Bledsoe, Dodson, Hood and Cousins.

I'm more than happy to have all those guys, but Wall is special. He is a lot like Derrick Rose.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You have to admit that Wall is clearly better than Bledsoe, Dodson, Hood and Cousins.

I'm more than happy to have all those guys, but Wall is special. He is a lot like Derrick Rose.

I agree in highschool he was much better, things change, even though i hope he turns out to be the greatest college player ever lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You have to admit that Wall is clearly better than Bledsoe, Dodson, Hood and Cousins.

Cmon, better than OJ Mayo? Not a chance, or you never saw OJ Mayo!
Stardust Wrote:Cmon, better than OJ Mayo? Not a chance, or you never saw OJ Mayo!

I've seen OJ Mayo play and I do think that John Wall is the same type of player he was. Their both in the same league.

Wall was rated higher than Mayo coming out of high school and Wall is the projected #1 pick in the '09 draft. Mayo was what, the 3rd or 4th pick.
He will be the greatest player to ever come from UK, but he will only play 1 year at UK, so he won't be an all-time great for that reason, I watched him in a pick up game a couple of weeks ago against Joe Crawford and Crawford couldnt come close to keeping Wall from getting to the rim and dunking. He is the most impressive player Ive saw in a pick-up game atmosphere. He has played many Wildcat greats this summer and dominated. From Crawford, Bradley, Wayne Turner and a few more.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've seen OJ Mayo play and I do think that John Wall is the same type of player he was. Their both in the same league.

Wall was rated higher than Mayo coming out of high school and Wall is the projected #1 pick in the '09 draft. Mayo was what, the 3rd or 4th pick.

Mayo was said to be the BEST EVER in AAU baseketball to play against the best talent in the country. Never heard those same accolades about Wall. Don't take this as a slap by me against Wall, but you all are making these predictions based n a player who has no interest in playing college basketball, and history has recently given us an example that we would all be foolish to not remember!

Mayo was projected to be the #1 pick before he every played in college. Mayo was an extremely motivated player heading into college, and got extremely bored with the game with after being surrounded by some of the best players coming out of HS surrounding him. He was coached in college by an NBA style coach who is known as a great players coach and teacher. Mayo went on to be the hands down BEST ROOKIE in the NBA last year, and on that many NBA insiders are predicting to be in Lebron's and Kobe's class before his fifth year in the NBA is up.

Sound familiar? Lot's of expectations for a player who has never laced them up. And that's what I said about Mayo two years ago!
Bledsoe is clearly 2nd best guard on UK team also, He done the same things as Wall, but Wall is a little taller, quicker, and jump higher. But he is GREAT also. He told me he will be there for 2 years, Wall 1. For what its worth Cousins told me 1 year as well.
Mayo is not even close to Wall, look at projections from NBA GM's . Wall is greatest prospect since Lebron, no question!
bballreporter Wrote:Mayo is not even close to Wall, look at projections from NBA GM's . Wall is greatest prospect since Lebron, no question!

LOL :popcorn:
I saw Mayo play in person and on tv during his high school career. Wall is quicker and more athletic than O.J. and I think most would agree. Shooting wise both have issues with consistent shooting but even with that issue I give Wall the edge.
bballreporter Wrote:Mayo is not even close to Wall, look at projections from NBA GM's . Wall is greatest prospect since Lebron, no question!
UH......Confusedhh: i don't agree with that. wall is hyped up but not that much. i mean can't call him the best PG to ever play college B-ball (not saying that you did but thats what alot of people are getting at). he hasn't even played in college yet. he will be crazy and dominant but his name should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as James. for one almost everyone had avery bradley over him coming out of college!!!
Those thinking Wall was as hyped or more than Mayo are kidding themselves. Heck, ESPN only had Wall as their #6 player in the class!

Mayo was expected to be "the best" and followed by media since he was in 7th Grade. For all intensive purposes he has been a celebrity since he was in high school, how many other high school prospects besides maybe Lebron were truly considered household names in 3 states (Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia). Wall is universally known in the basketball community, but Iwould venture only in the state of Kentucky, and regionally in the state of North Carolina, would he be considered a household name.

With that being said, some things need to be noted about O.J. and his progression. Stardust noted he was the most heralded AAU player to ever be on the circuit, I think alot of that can also be attributed to the talent surrounding him on those teams, in particular Bill Walker, who had he not had an injury may have been a lottery pick as well.

Mayo also had the benefit of playing for star studded high school teams as well. At Huntington he had Patterson and 3 or 4other major D-1 signees on his team. At North College Hill he had Walker and other talented players as well.

Wall's hype reminds me of Michael Beasley and Kevin Durant moreso than Mayo. Very respected in the basketball community, everyone expects them to be dominant and be a lottery ick after one year, but noone has everdubbed them to be the "next NBA mega-superstar", coming out of H.S.

With that said, here comes the part Stardust will get mad at me about. If I were a NBA GM I would draft John Wall over Mayo in a heartbeat though. With Wall I still see that fire to compete and prove himself. Mayo has seemingly been on cruise control since he was a Sophomore in high school, EXPECTING to be THE STAR one day, Wall to this very day still plays with passion. Mayo is a supremely talented individual but I can't help but think that all his years of going through the motions being bored has hindered his game and depreciated his abilities to ever be the best. With Wall, FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN SO FAR, I see a work ethic and drive that resembles Kobe Bryant.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Those thinking Wall was as hyped or more than Mayo are kidding themselves. Heck, ESPN only had Wall as their #6 player in the class!

Mayo was expected to be "the best" and followed by media since he was in 7th Grade. For all intensive purposes he has been a celebrity since he was in high school, how many other high school prospects besides maybe Lebron were truly considered household names in 3 states (Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia). Wall is universally known in the basketball community, but Iwould venture only in the state of Kentucky, and regionally in the state of North Carolina, would he be considered a household name.

With that being said, some things need to be noted about O.J. and his progression. Stardust noted he was the most heralded AAU player to ever be on the circuit, I think alot of that can also be attributed to the talent surrounding him on those teams, in particular Bill Walker, who had he not had an injury may have been a lottery pick as well.

Mayo also had the benefit of playing for star studded high school teams as well. At Huntington he had Patterson and 3 or 4other major D-1 signees on his team. At North College Hill he had Walker and other talented players as well.

Wall's hype reminds me of Michael Beasley and Kevin Durant moreso than Mayo. Very respected in the basketball community, everyone expects them to be dominant and be a lottery ick after one year, but noone has everdubbed them to be the "next NBA mega-superstar", coming out of H.S.

With that said, here comes the part Stardust will get mad at me about. If I were a NBA GM I would draft John Wall over Mayo in a heartbeat though. With Wall I still see that fire to compete and prove himself. Mayo has seemingly been on cruise control since he was a Sophomore in high school, EXPECTING to be THE STAR one day, Wall to this very day still plays with passion. Mayo is a supremely talented individual but I can't help but think that all his years of going through the motions being bored has hindered his game and depreciated his abilities to ever be the best. With Wall, FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN SO FAR, I see a work ethic and drive that resembles Kobe Bryant.

Nah, don't misread me, I'm not at the point of disagreeing with your point. You have hit my point and I don't think that you realized that you agreed with me...:biggrin: My point is that there have been others that have had the hype, but got bored with the college game. Many have annointed Wall as the best player ever for UK before has has ever worn the colors on the floor for the Cats. I hope they are right, but before I think that Wall will be the greatest to ever don the colors of Blue and white, I would expect he plays at the level of the hype for more than one year. But, if he plays at the level of the hype, there is no way that he ever comes back for a sophomore year. Thus, back to my point, I will not say a one year guy is in the ranks of ever being the best to play for UK. Is Mayo the best to ever play at USC? Nope, could he have been - HANDS DOWN! :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Cmon, better than OJ Mayo? Not a chance, or you never saw OJ Mayo!

I have seen Mayo play in person and on film Wall is just as good,plus he will pass the ball something OJ had a little trouble doing.
kybaseball Wrote:I have seen Mayo play in person and on film Wall is just as good,plus he will pass the ball something OJ had a little trouble doing.

No, I think that's from not seeing much of OJ, he was highly regarded as a passer. I've got anough video from my son and I sitting in the cracker-box gym of NCH for three years and seeing just how great of a passer that he is. He was a tremendous passer for the Grizz. Hands down, Wall is better with the ball, but a better all around player than OJ would be hard for me to swallow, and that is no knock on Wall, that's just how truly and amazingly gifted OJ is.
watching OJ was crazy i remember when he was a feshman or 8th grader when they played ashland and it went 6 OT's i believe. the kids was way more hyped up but he is definitely a better pro than college player. in the pro's he just does want he wants and that is shooting. wall is not as agood as shooter but is better all around. thats why he is a PG.
beasy_bo Wrote:watching OJ was crazy i remember when he was a feshman or 8th grader when they played ashland and it went 6 OT's i believe. the kids was way more hyped up but he is definitely a better pro than college player. in the pro's he just does want he wants and that is shooting. wall is not as agood as shooter but is better all around. thats why he is a PG.

Not better defensively. Mayo was a tremendous "face guarder", he will be an all defensive player in the NBA
Please don't take this personal, but O.J. Mayo is a LONG way from being an All NBA Defensive performer. There are too many other guards that are better defenders than him; Rondo, Paul, Wade, Kobe, Rose and Billups to name just a few. Not trying to be overly critical of O.J. or anythng but to me he has been a lot of hype. He has done some really good things but has never, at least in my estimation, reached the level that everyone has said that he would be at by now.
Stardust Wrote:No, I think that's from not seeing much of OJ, he was highly regarded as a passer. I've got anough video from my son and I sitting in the cracker-box gym of NCH for three years and seeing just how great of a passer that he is. He was a tremendous passer for the Grizz. Hands down, Wall is better with the ball, but a better all around player than OJ would be hard for me to swallow, and that is no knock on Wall, that's just how truly and amazingly gifted OJ is.

Not saying he couldn't pass more like wouldn't pass,ask Patrick Patterson how much he passed the ball at good old Huntington high.
I dont even know what to say about that dunk. I am speechless.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
kybaseball Wrote:Not saying he couldn't pass more like wouldn't pass,ask Patrick Patterson how much he passed the ball at good old Huntington high.

Still wrong, you obviously did not watch much of Mayo then. You did not watch Mayo because he certainly passed. At Huntington, his shooting was way down compared to NCH, un -uh, sorry but Mayo was a tremendous passer, and he was a tremendous passer because he did pass. Go back and read all his AAU write-ups and you will see how much this young man was complimented for not being selfish. Sorry KYB, we disagree on this!