Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Basketball Preseason #2
**** Vitale has US ranked #2 in his preseason basketball poll behind Kansas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/dickvital...id=4361336
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They really don't need to be ranked #1 in the preseason. Too much hype for a team that hasn't played together yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they are #5 in the polls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
#2 Is Very High, Lets Hope They live up To It
If the new talent and the returning players jell, I don't see a team that is deeper than this UK team.
This is about 7 or 8 spots too high for this team. They havent proven anything to be ranked this high in pre season.. I would start them out at 10 or 12 and let them work their way up. Way too much pressure to throw a team this young..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wonder how all those Dickie V haters feel about him now that he has given the unproven Cats kudo's
Stardust Wrote:I wonder how all those Dickie V haters feel about him now that he has given the unproven Cats kudo's

Well this Is How I Feel,

Dickie
Duckie
Dookie
Dukeieieiieie

Smile
Stardust Wrote:I wonder how all those Dickie V haters feel about him now that he has given the unproven Cats kudo's

**** loves Calipari. Calipari is Italian and a huge advocate for the Jimmy V Foundation, that is basically a dream come true for Vitale. If Coach K were Italian though Dicky V would rank Duke #1 even if they decided to field a team full of walk-ons.

Simply put, Dicky V is a politician. Coaches who engage him and support his charity.... he will hype up and make sure their names have a "buzz" factor. Coaches who are Italian get bonus points. Coaches who don't actively help him... well he will use their games to talk about whether they are on the hot seat and to promote his other darlings over them.
I have faith in my Cats that they can live up to all the hype.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
**** Vitale as made his pre- season Top 40 rankings and the Cats are number two so below is the entire list so what are everybody's thoughts.

1. Kansas
2. Kentucky
3. Michigan State
4. Texas
5. Duke
6. Purdue
7. Villanova
8. North Carolina
9. West Virginia
10. Illinois
11. Michigan
12. Tennessee
13. UConn'
14. California
15. Florida State
16. Washington
17. Syracuse
18. Mississippi State
19. Louisville
20. Georgia Tech
21. Oklahoma
22. Florida
23. Butler
24. Ohio State
25. Georgetown
26. Boston College
27. Dayton
28. Notre Dame
29. Clemson
30. Oklahoma State
31. Pittsburgh
32. Texas A & M
33. Minnesota
34. Gonzaga
35. Siena
36. South Carolina
37. Tulsa
38. Xavier
39. Kansas State
40. Memphis
Down and Out Wrote:**** Vitale as made his pre- season Top 40 rankings and the Cats are number two so below is the entire list so what are everybody's thoughts.

1. Kansas
2. Kentucky
3. Michigan State
4. Texas
5. Duke
6. Purdue
7. Villanova
8. North Carolina
9. West Virginia
10. Illinois
11. Michigan
12. Tennessee
13. UConn'
14. California
15. Florida State
16. Washington
17. Syracuse
18. Mississippi State
19. Louisville
20. Georgia Tech
21. Oklahoma
22. Florida
23. Butler
24. Ohio State
25. Georgetown
26. Boston College
27. Dayton
28. Notre Dame
29. Clemson
30. Oklahoma State
31. Pittsburgh
32. Texas A & M
33. Minnesota
34. Gonzaga
35. Siena
36. South Carolina
37. Tulsa
38. Xavier
39. Kansas State
40. Memphis

Hmm, I thought that was exactly what this thread was about???????
Stardust Wrote:Hmm, I thought that was exactly what this thread was about???????

i read your post like 5 times trying to figure out what u meant, i got it now Smile
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:If the new talent and the returning players jell, I don't see a team that is deeper than this UK team.

Well besides PP who is returning
theVILLE Wrote:Well besides PP who is returning

The entire team from last year save Meeks, Jared Carter, and the players Cal suggested move on. Say what you want about Stephenson, Harris, Harrellson, and Liggins, but these are all experienced players who will be able to contribute. With Stephenson and Harris you get alot of games started as well. They won't be superstars by any means, but most coaches in America would take these guysin a heartbeat to be a starter over who they have, let alone to come off the bench. Let alone Darius Miller who is poised to contribute in a major way.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The entire team from last year save Meeks, Jared Carter, and the players Cal suggested move on. Say what you want about Stephenson, Harris, Harrellson, and Liggins, but these are all experienced players who will be able to contribute. With Stephenson and Harris you get alot of games started as well. They won't be superstars by any means, but most coaches in America would take these guysin a heartbeat to be a starter over who they have, let alone to come off the bench. Let alone Darius Miller who is poised to contribute in a major way.

As bad as i hate most of these players except miller, hes right there not going to have to prove themselves, they will get to come in and be supporters and not starters
theVILLE Wrote:Well besides PP who is returning

Well, Darius Miller who has proven himself to be a top notch young talent, Liggens who should flourish under Coach Cal, a great shot blocker in Stevenson, Harris is more than solid and Harrellson is not a bad big body to come off of the bench. Those, along with Patterson, represent a very good core group for the incoming class to combine with. As I said, if these two groups jell, this team will be as deep or deeper than any team in the country this season.

:Thumbs:
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Well, Darius Miller who has proven himself to be a top notch young talent, Liggens who should flourish under Coach Cal, a great shot blocker in Stevenson, Harris is more than solid and Harrellson is not a bad big body to come off of the bench. Those, along with Patterson, represent a very good core group for the incoming class to combine with. As I said, if these two groups jell, this team will be as deep or deeper than any team in the country this season.

Liggins Flourish? Harris More Than Solid? I Love UK but i would rather see the walk ons there than these guys, the walk ons sure try harder
If these guys had not been putting out they would have been gone, Coach Cal won't have any dead weight around, that is for sure. And if Liggens can't progress and get better under Coach Cal then he can't play for anybody. And Harris is solid and I don't recall him not giving effort on the floor. He is not a superstar by any means, but he does give good effort and can do a little bit of everything.
Haha you can't say ****.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:If these guys had not been putting out they would have been gone, Coach Cal won't have any dead weight around, that is for sure. And if Liggens can't progress and get better under Coach Cal then he can't play for anybody. And Harris is solid and I don't recall him not giving effort on the floor. He is not a superstar by any means, but he does give good effort and can do a little bit of everything.

Im not saying harris didnt give effort, he went through h*** and back last year but hes really not that good, and liggens is probally going to be decent i wish Billy G would have let him start last season, but stevenson did give up on plays and sometimes would quit on plays, him being a terrific shot blocker, if he would have tried every play on the court he would be a straight defensive beast,

Panther Thunder Wrote:Haha you can't say ****.

just out of curiosity who was this toward lol?
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Well, Darius Miller who has proven himself to be a top notch young talent, Liggens who should flourish under Coach Cal, a great shot blocker in Stevenson, Harris is more than solid and Harrellson is not a bad big body to come off of the bench. Those, along with Patterson, represent a very good core group for the incoming class to combine with. As I said, if these two groups jell, this team will be as deep or deeper than any team in the country this season.

ok miller is good....and those other...well there good waterboys
We will just have to agree to disagree, wonderful thing about message boards.
theVILLE Wrote:ok miller is good....and those other...well there good waterboys

Lol 4 star 3 year starter stevenson, 3 star two year starter harris, 5 star Orton, 4 star hood, 4 star dodson, 3 star harrellson and 4 star liggins who should have a great year in the dribble drive seems like a pretty good bench to me. I believe its way better then louisvilles.:Thumbs:
TheONLY1 Wrote:Lol 4 star 3 year starter stevenson, 3 star two year starter harris, 5 star Orton, 4 star hood, 4 star dodson, 3 star harrellson and 4 star liggins who should have a great year in the dribble drive seems like a pretty good bench to me. I believe its way better then louisvilles.:Thumbs:

Very good post.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:just out of curiosity who was this toward lol?

The board, you cannot say **** as in **** Vitale.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Liggins Flourish? Harris More Than Solid? I Love UK but i would rather see the walk ons there than these guys, the walk ons sure try harder

Agreed, If I were Cal, I'd have kept the walk-ons and sent Liggins packing
theVILLE Wrote:ok miller is good....and those other...well there good waterboys

Yeah, for UK's standards, but would be starters for some mid-level college team, oh, say like, Louisville......
TheONLY1 Wrote:Lol 4 star 3 year starter stevenson, 3 star two year starter harris, 5 star Orton, 4 star hood, 4 star dodson, 3 star harrellson and 4 star liggins who should have a great year in the dribble drive seems like a pretty good bench to me. I believe its way better then louisvilles.:Thumbs:

Liggins has to be able to dribble before he can drive. That will be a pretty tall task.......
Stardust Wrote:Liggins has to be able to dribble before he can drive. That will be a pretty tall task.......

Yea dribbling is a hard thing to do especially for division 1 players...........:eyeroll:
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, for UK's standards, but would be starters for some mid-level college team, oh, say like, Louisville......

I dont see nobody on UK starting for VILLE besides PP, Wall,and maybe cousins