Poll: Who Will Start Quarterback?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ryan Mossakowski
2.50%
Randall Cobb
2.50%
Morgan Newton
25.00%
Mike Hartline
70.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Starting Quarterback This Year For The Cats?
Whos Starting Quarterback This Year For The Cats?

Also if you may not agree with who u thinks going to start then post who u would like to start.

I Prefer Cobb To Start Over Everyone But Hes An Awesome Receiver And Thats Where He Needs To Be.

Ryan Mossakowski Over Hartline
(Im ready for the hes a freshmen critics and such but i hate hartline lol)

Morgan Newton Over Hartline As Well Smile

Here is Stats From All The Freshmen Quarterbacks Senior Seasons

Morgan Newton Rushed for 1664 yds and 26 touchdowns, he threw 22 td and 7 int with a 65pct pass rating

Ryan Mossakowski
Statistics Att Yds TD PA PC Pct Yds TD Int
2008 (Sr.) 50 258 2 184 124 67.4 1,344 15 7

I Prefer This Ryan Mossakowski Kid To Start With Newton Helping In Short Down Conversions To Maybe Run It,
I was fine with cobb but I like him as a wide reciever
well hartline did say he was the man so we shall see? i just hope he dont crumple under pressure like he did last year. we would've won a couple more games with a desent QB who doesn't trun the ball over!!!
Mossakowski won't be playing this year will he?

I thought he was gonna Red-Shirt due to his shoulder injury.
Hartline
Hartline. I hope to see Newton out there sometimes too though but I'd say Hartline will be starter to began the season.
Hartline, with the others possibly coming in later in the season. But Hartline, at least for the first few games.
Hartline to start the season, Newton to finish.
Mike ''The Guy'' Hartline should be that starting Quarter Back for the Cats.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Is this who everyone wants to start, i know hes going to start but???
UkFan23 Wrote:Mossakowski won't be playing this year will he?

I thought he was gonna Red-Shirt due to his shoulder injury.

No coach Brooks has went on record as to say that he will not red shirt Mossakowski this season nor will he red shirt Newton.

I think you will see Hartline start out the Miami (OH) game but you will see Mossakowski and Newton get some reps as well just to see how they do under the pressure. If one of them performs better I think you could see a two QB system for a couple of games and then one star will shine bright between the two young guns.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:No coach Brooks has went on record as to say that he will not red shirt Mossakowski this season nor will he red shirt Newton.

I think you will see Hartline start out the Miami (OH) game but you will see Mossakowski and Newton get some reps as well just to see how they do under the pressure. If one of them performs better I think you could see a two QB system for a couple of games and then one star will shine bright between the two young guns.

I like the sound of this
I like Morgan Newton, but I agree with Coach Brooks decision not to rush the freshman into a starting role. Let Hartline lose the job....
:Thumbs: I agree 137%
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I like Morgan Newton, but I agree with Coach Brooks decision not to rush the freshman into a starting role. Let Hartline lose the job....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote::Thumbs: I agree 137%
I was shooting for 140%Sad
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I like Morgan Newton, but I agree with Coach Brooks decision not to rush the freshman into a starting role. Let Hartline lose the job....

:Thumbs:
What I think will happen...

- Hartline's experience will allow him to win the starting job going into the first game against Miami
- Newton will outplay Mossakowski (who is coming off shoulder surgery) in fall camp and earn the backup job
- Rich Brooks will do the obvious thing and redshirt Mossakowski so he doesn't lose a year of eligibility
- Cobb will get a few snaps under center initially in the "Wildcat" package, but will decrease if Newton takes over

What I want to happen...

- Newton blows the doors off fall camp, and leaves the coaching staff no choice but to start him in Game 1
- Hartline becomes the backup QB, where he would be a great fallback option during a game if Newton got hurt
- Mossakowski redshirts this year, giving his shoulder plenty of time to heal and get back to full strength
- Cobb stays at receiver the entire season and plays well enough to be considered for all-conference honors (which he is talented enough to do)
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hartline will do just fine if his wideouts will just catch the dang ball. I bet we led the league in dropped passes.
More Cowbell Wrote:What I think will happen...

- Hartline's experience will allow him to win the starting job going into the first game against Miami
- Newton will outplay Mossakowski (who is coming off shoulder surgery) in fall camp and earn the backup job
- Rich Brooks will do the obvious thing and redshirt Mossakowski so he doesn't lose a year of eligibility
- Cobb will get a few snaps under center initially in the "Wildcat" package, but will decrease if Newton takes over

What I want to happen...

- Newton blows the doors off fall camp, and leaves the coaching staff no choice but to start him in Game 1
- Hartline becomes the backup QB, where he would be a great fallback option during a game if Newton got hurt
- Mossakowski redshirts this year, giving his shoulder plenty of time to heal and get back to full strength
- Cobb stays at receiver the entire season and plays well enough to be considered for all-conference honors (which he is talented enough to do)

Sounds like a pretty good senario to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Hartline, no doubt.
TidesHoss32 Wrote::Thumbs: I agree 137%
me too.
If Hartline starts..im not watching 1 game until hes benched..so ill guess ill be watchint the 2nd game.lol
Hartline for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Hartline. He has the game experience and there is no way a true freshman, even as talented as the ones UK signed, is going to start unless it was for a team that the season looked like a total loss, which is not the case for this years team. It is Hartline's to lose.
king360 Wrote:If Hartline starts..im not watching 1 game until hes benched..so ill guess ill be watchint the 2nd game.lol

Ill Watch It But When He Heads To The Bench Ill Be Estatic
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Hartline. He has the game experience and there is no way a true freshman, even as talented as the ones UK signed, is going to start unless it was for a team that the season looked like a total loss, which is not the case for this years team. It is Hartline's to lose.

shouldnt be to hard for him
IS THIS POLL over and if not how can i end it?
I think they need to go with experience and if that isnt working change it up...Hartline
Stick with Cobb,.....I can only imagine how good he will be as a four year starter QB!:Thumbs:

[Image: http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp271...cobb-1.png]
BCsportsfan Wrote:Stick with Cobb,.....I can only imagine how good he will be as a four year starter QB!:Thumbs:

No no no...

Let Cobb stay at receiver, where he can realize his true potential as a future all-SEC performer. If he has aspirations to play in the NFL, that is where his future lies.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]