Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Naked Cowboy' NYC mayor?
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...NYC+major?

NEW YORK - Everyone wants their politicians to provide the naked truth. For Robert Burck, this won't be a problem.

Burck, 38, a Greenhills native, has spent the last decade under a different name - the Naked Cowboy. He's grown to be a pop-culture icon, known for playing guitar in New York City's Times Square, dressed in a cowboy hat, boots and tight-white briefs.

Now he wants to be known by a new name: Mayor Naked Cowboy. Burck's thrown his 10-gallon-hat into ring for the 2009 NYC mayoral race.

"Since I've been in New York, people kept saying I should run. 'Aren't you the mayor?' 'You should be mayor'," he said. "I thought, ****, I should do it."

The Cowboy will be a write-in candidate, mostly because no party would have him, he said jokingly. He's running under a platform of "doing more with less" - the Cowboy's personal motto.

His candidacy will focus on many issues plaguing the city, including creating more loans for small businesses, higher taxes for the rich, tighter homeland security and legalizing gay marriage, he said. In fact, he wants to make New York City as big a hub for weddings as Las Vegas, starting with a Times Square wedding chapel.

Burck grew up in Greenhills and got a political science degree at he University of Cincinnati. Burck went to Xavier for one year to get his master's degree before dropping out to focus on being an actor/model/musician, he said.

Burck even got his first real job at a T.G.I. Friday's in Springboro. This is where he learned everything he needed to know about life, he said.

"I had to prove myself every day, trying to be the hardest working guy in the restaurant," he said.

The Cowboy is the right man for the job because he's a man for the people, Burck said.

"I've stood on the street for the last 10 years, shaking hands, kissing babies and basically greeting all the guests to New Your City," he said. "No one has more experience dealing with mankind. I would be the world's greatest politician."
I would totally vote for this guy, if it were possible.
thetribe Wrote:I would totally vote for this guy, if it were possible.

He fits perfectly with NYC