Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Team Leader"
Why are team leaders valued so much? I remember when I played on really good teams, we didn't have a "team leader". Me and all of my teammates got along great, won a lot of games, and recognized as one of the best teams in our league. There was never one person who was looked at as our "team leader". I personally think it's better to not have a team leader. I think the best team you can possibly have is to just have your entire team already committed on winning and respecting each other, opposed to forcing one person to take constant pressure and to make "fake" friends just so your team can win.
Player Coach. Every great team has a coach on the field! I've never seen a really good team without one, so I'll recpectively disagree with you on this one Deathstar
Id have to go with Stardust on this one, every team Iv played on has always had what you could say a team leader and I think its better for the team to have one. Someone there in the game motivating and coaching you thats right by your side. Fighting the same battle as you and your other team mates.
Stardust Wrote:Player Coach. Every great team has a coach on the field! I've never seen a really good team without one, so I'll recpectively disagree with you on this one Deathstar

I'm not against having a Player Coach. As a matter of fact, I would love a Player Coach (since the coach can't go out on the field, it's always good to have someone on the field who helps his teammates with their matchups). I view a Team Leader as someone who the coach has given him power over his teammates in order to control the team in a positive way. As a player on the field, I always looked at my coaches as the "Leaders" of the team, not one single player.

Most if not all of the players on the team would accept a teammate who gave them advice on how to be better. There would be the occasional teammate who would reject the "Player Coach", but to solve that problem, you just have to tell the "Player Coach" to respect him and not give that person advice. When you have a Team Leader, conflicts within the team (as a result of jealousy) are very easily created. Therefore, it's best to just have the coaches as the "Leaders" of the team and to let the players be "real" friends with each other.

Quote:so I'll recpectively disagree with you on this one Deathstar

-Stardust

By the way, I appreciate your respect.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I'm not against having a Player Coach. As a matter of fact, I would love a Player Coach (since the coach can't go out on the field, it's always good to have someone on the field who helps his teammates with their matchups). I view a Team Leader as someone who the coach has given him power over his teammates in order to control the team in a positive way. As a player on the field, I always looked at my coaches as the "Leaders" of the team, not one single player.

Most if not all of the players on the team would accept a teammate who gave them advice on how to be better. There would be the occasional teammate who would reject the "Player Coach", but to solve that problem, you just have to tell the "Player Coach" to respect him and not give that person advice. When you have a Team Leader, conflicts within the team (as a result of jealousy) are very easily created. Therefore, it's best to just have the coaches as the "Leaders" of the team and to let the players be "real" friends with each other.

By the way, I appreciate your respect.

I like the idea of having someone hold the players accountable to each other. That comes from the person who is considered the captain or leader. :Thumbs: