Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 QB's in the Mountains
Who are they?
He has to prove himself this year but I feel like Logan Johnson at Letcher Central has a shot of being one of the better quarterbacks by the end of the season. He is only a Sophomore. Amis from Perry Central. Haddix from Breathitt County. These are also some of the better quarterbacks who have proven theirselves.
1. Chris Muse - Pulaski County (109-173 1708 yards 18 tds 4 ints / 153 rushing attempts 1349 yards rushing 15 tds)
2. Ryan Moses - Williamsburg (153-284 2693 yards 34 tds 10 ints / 142 atts rushing 576 yards 9 tds)
3. Michael Burchett - Prestonsburg (84-163 1647 yds 18 tds 6 ints)
4. Jade Haddix - Breathitt County (108-189 1420 yds 17 tds 3 ints / 103 rushing attempts 625 yds 10 tds)
5. Jordan Amis - Perry Co. Central (96-194 1596 yds 13 tds 8 ints / 127 rushing attempts 969 yds 16 tds)
With all Jade brings to the table, he should be number 1. He has great speed and can throw one heck of a ball. Last year he was hampered by a hamstring but this year people will be able to see what he can really do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I do agree with you orange, Logan has to prove himself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:With all Jade brings to the table, he should be number 1. He has great speed and can throw one heck of a ball. Last year he was hampered by a hamstring but this year people will be able to see what he can really do.

You must have never seen Chris Muse play. He does what Haddix does even better. I am by no means throwing off on Jade either, he is a great Quarterback who should play college football somewhere. I believe you could argue Jade ahead of Chris Moses and Michael Burchett, but Muse is the best Quarterback in the Mountains. He beats you with his arm and his legs. Muse is not only tough, but a tough-minded player and I think that is what makes him so great. His toughness shows up when you look at his numbers.

I agree with BCA's top 5 and have seen them all play except for Moses. Although like I said, one could argue Haddix at the number two spot or number three spot. 2-4 on BCA's list could really be shuffled in any way and have a good argument defending it. But like I said, Muse is number one without a doubt in my mind.
Middlesboro's Chase Roark, he will be a Sophmore this year. He went to some camp in Nashville this summer and came away with the QB award. As a Freshman starting QB for Middlesboro his stats looked like the following:

Passing yards 1,400
Pass Attempts 153
Pass Completions 85
14 TD's

Thats around a 60% pass completion %.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Middlesboro's Chase Roark, he will be a Sophmore this year. He went to some camp in Nashville this summer and came away with the QB award. As a Freshman starting QB for Middlesboro his stats looked like the following:

Passing yards 1,400
Pass Attempts 153
Pass Completions 85
14 TD's

Thats around a 60% pass completion %.

:yikes:

I can't believe the love here, haha. I wouldn't put Roark in the top 5 in Mountains, but maybe top 10.

Haven't seen this Pulaski County kid play, but have heard some great things about him. The best quarterback in the Mountains that I have seen play is Michael Burchett of Prestonsburg. He may not actually be the top gunner in the Mountains, but he should be up there. I should be able to follow football more closely this season as I didn't get to as much as I would have liked the last couple seasons.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Chris Muse - Pulaski County (109-173 1708 yards 18 tds 4 ints / 153 rushing attempts 1349 yards rushing 15 tds)
2. Ryan Moses - Williamsburg (153-284 2693 yards 34 tds 10 ints / 142 atts rushing 576 yards 9 tds)
4. Jade Haddix - Breathitt County (108-189 1420 yds 17 tds 3 ints / 103 rushing attempts 625 yds 10 tds)
5. Jordan Amis - Perry Co. Central (96-194 1596 yds 13 tds 8 ints / 127 rushing attempts 969 yds 16 tds)

This Post didnt make it the past time i posted so hopefully this time it will. Its not how it was before but it will do.

List those 5 in order per passing quarterbacks and then in Dual -threat quarterbacks.

Here is mine for Passing
Ryan Moses
Chris Muses
Michael Burchett
Jade Haddix
Jordan Amis

Here is mine for Dual-Threat
Chris Muse and Jordan Amis tied for 1st
Jade Haddix
Michael Burchett
Ryan Moses.

Now lets see everyone elses opinions.
Dakota Newsome shld be in there, he transfered to South Floyd from Rowan County, He Had 700 Yrds rushing with 15tds, and 500 yrds passing with 4 tds
hes a good dual threat qb
Braxton Ratliff would be would of the best if he was on a different team.
jd wright from south laurel gonna run it alot more
Tailback44 Wrote:Braxton Ratliff would be would of the best if he was on a different team.

The Knott Central quarterback?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Chris Muse - Pulaski County (109-173 1708 yards 18 tds 4 ints / 153 rushing attempts 1349 yards rushing 15 tds)

Sorry, but Jade is not in the top 5 QB. He might be in the top 5 in safty.. He have to get to become a better passer to be in the top 5
bac2369 Wrote:This Post didnt make it the past time i posted so hopefully this time it will. Its not how it was before but it will do.

List those 5 in order per passing quarterbacks and then in Dual -threat quarterbacks.

Here is mine for Passing
Ryan Moses
Chris Muses
Michael Burchett
Jade Haddix
Jordan Amis

Here is mine for Dual-Threat
Chris Muse and Jordan Amis tied for 1st
Jade Haddix
Michael Burchett
Ryan Moses.

Now lets see everyone elses opinions.

Sorry bud, but Jade is not were near the top of the list. When he pass it. he have to lucky it in... The WR have to stop to catch it.. The QB that is on the top of the list. should be able to hit there WR on the run. Jade can't as of last year.
C.Clair Wrote:With all Jade brings to the table, he should be number 1. He has great speed and can throw one heck of a ball. Last year he was hampered by a hamstring but this year people will be able to see what he can really do.

That is way my nephew or kids will never play for Breathitt Co. There coaches let there player play hurt. Jade was lucky that he didn't get hurt realdy bad. I know 4 or 5 another time when he let/make his players play hurt.
I just hope the line for LCC will let Logan play the way he is capable. If they do and give him time, JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH. Again, I am biased, but I know him better than anyone except his dad, worked with him in all areas of sports, and he is as good or better than Tim (Couch) was at this age! Just ask Mike Whitaker!
CJ get your fact correct first, when Jade twicked him hamstring in the LCA game, who was running the offense? One, Channing Fugate, not Jade. The coaches at Breathitt would never let a player that was hurt play unless the athletic trainer was okay with it. Breathitt has some of the best personal to help the team out such as doctors and trainers, and it would be stupid to say that the coaches made him play. Secondly, Jade has done pretty well, look at the stats, 108 for 189, that is a 57% completetion rate. The others that are on Blackcats have completion rates of 63%, 54%, 52%, and 49%. Looking at the completion rates, he has the second highest of the five, with the lowest number of interceptions. If you want, I can break it down for you more, unless you still dont know why Jade is one of the best in the mountains.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]