Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLASS A REGION 4
I think Pikeville has to be considered the favorite going into the season. They are going to be tough again next season as usual. Paintsville returns pretty much theri entire team and will challenge Pikeville for the district 8 championship. In district 7 Lynn Camp and Somerset seem to be the class of district 7 this year, and both figure to make a run at the regional championship. Maybe some surprise teams like Harlan and South Floyd can make a run, though they both lost a lot. You also can never leave the Hazard Bulldogs out of it. Should be a interesting season!!
How many does Pikeville lose?
Basketballer Wrote:How many does Pikeville lose?

Not 100% sure basketballer but I think they lose 5 or 6 starters on each side of the ball. They have a lot of young talent coming up though and the Honaker Twins are going to be stars from what I have heard.
I think they should have another good season
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I think they should have another good season

I do to. I wish they were playing th blackcats this year. Two schools with that much tradition and so close should play every year. Who is your team 15th Crazy?
Prestonsburg... I wish they would play too.. It would be a great game to watch
Pikeville always has a good team!
Can anyone say TWINS!!!!!!!!!! PDT_059
torQQue Wrote:Can anyone say TWINS!!!!!!!!!! PDT_059
They are going to be STARS QQ. Thses kids will play at the next level IMO.
PHSFAN Wrote:
torQQue Wrote:Can anyone say TWINS!!!!!!!!!! PDT_059
They are going to be STARS QQ. Thses kids will play at the next level IMO.

If they stay in the weight room! These boys will have big potential! Aalrik.gif
Pikeville definately has the potential. If the rumors of coaches leaving can be done with, the panthers can start worrying about this upcoming season. With the talent Mac and Salyer have returning I see no reason that either of them should leave. mac and salyer are both excellent coaches who know this team in and out....It just wouldn't be the same without them next year.
Pikeville will lose alot next year...the seniors being:
Robert Shurtleff
Chad Walls
Josh Sullivan
Justin Caudill
Brett Gibson
Brian Elkins
Corey Miller
Jesse Parrish

But though this will hurt Pikeville...You have great starters returning...like QB Chase Huffman, Weston Robinson, Will Lockhart, Ryan Maynard, Matt Sexton, and the Honaker Twins. It will be interesting to see what Pikeville will do in 2005.
lest we forget jacob sword....this young man is gonna bring some talent next year and you better believe it. another young man who can play is that tyler carter kid, I've watched a couple of their games and he has done an incredible job finding the football. here are some juniors stepping up next year:
Brad Bryant#50 G/NG
Ryan Shurtleff#34 FB/LB
John Michael Mayo#8 QB/FS
Sam Morando#22 WR/CB(really quick kid i hear)
Jordan Tibbs#70 LT/DT (big fella)
and of course we will see some great defenseive skill out of casey rowe...has anyone seen this kid hes a brute i hear hes throwin up 315 and squating 475 kids barely 16 and has a full beard he can play at the next level one day
Mayo was playing really well at the end of the season....and boy he can hit HARD for such a small kid!
There is one more kid on the Pikeville roster that strikes my fancy......this kid is like a minature freight train small in size but big in power his name is Jerry Holloway. he plays some at linebacker and fullback. this kid has all the power of some one who is 6'5 220 but in a 5'8 182 frame amazing let me tell you amazing
I agree with that. I hope holloway can epp up his performance in the classroom in order to play and further his performance on the field.
There sure are a lot of folks from Pikeville on here... but I'm not complaining it makes me feel right at home. The Panthers should have a nice team next year. They have a lot of experienced skill players on the offensive side of the ball, and they got their lineman some experience last year. Pikeville will not be AS strong on the defensive side of the ball next year as they were in years past. Pikeville lost all of their linebackers with any experience, but with the talent they have on that squad they should have no problem filling the holes. Pikeville will dominate District 8, and should win the region again.
INDEED INDEED
They'll be strong but I don't look for them to make it as far as they did this year.
ComfortEagle Wrote:They'll be strong but I don't look for them to make it as far as they did this year.
I think the Panthers will have a hard time getting back to that level again also. The Panthers will have tons of talent, but no leadership. Last years team had leadership, IMO that is why they made it as far as they did. If the seniors step up and become leaders, this team will do well.
look at it this way though, pikeville is going to be the team to beat with what it has returning in the skill slots....and dont worry about the line as i am sure they will fill that up fine with Brad Bryant, Casey Rowe, Jordan Tibbs, and Tyler Carter all of which are strong good sized kids
What about LB though??
LB tyler carter Ryan shurtleff Will lockhart and number four is unknown but at one time the coaches were looking at Mayo and sexton ( sexton was looked at his freshman year soo idunno
I think Pikeville Might take this years region 4 again. i think that eather jerry holloway of ryan shurtleff (younger bro to Robert shurtleff) will pick up alot of yards and robison will to as usual. Tongue
it is true.....but again not only will Shurtleff and Holloway get touches...but they will be racking up tackles on the defensive side of the ball as well at the LB position
yes, They were both hard hitters and great runningbacks in jv 04'
Oh you know it........they are both extremely well cut out for the game They can be stars if they put there hearts in to it
Pikeville has the capabilties to win region 4 again based on what Ive heard but they will really have to hit the weights hard and re-dedicate themselves. This time lacks the big name players it had last year but is still a very talented team that could possibly make it farther than last year. Yes, I know its highly unlikely but these kids have the potential. But if they slack off one bit, it could turn ugly come playoff time.
I am right there with you youknow.....i believe pikeville can and will make it farther than where they made it this year...
Thats the spirit. I'm looking for another regional title for the Panthers in 05' possibly a state appearance