Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Junior League Baseball State Tournament Update
Any Results from the Junior League Baseball State Tournament?

Here is the schedule for the tournament.

Sat 7/18/09 10:30am South Oldham LL vs. Richmond Lindsey Wilson College
Sat 7/18/09 3:30pm Hazard Perry Co. LL vs. Lewis Co. Lindsey Wilson College
Sat 7/18/09 8:30pm Knott Co. LL vs. South Oldham LL Lindsey Wilson College
Sun 7/19/09 10:30am Richmond vs. Hazard Perry Co. LL Lindsey Wilson College
Sun 7/19/09 3:30pm Lewis Co. vs. South Oldham LL Lindsey Wilson College Mon 7/20/09 9am Lewis Co. vs. Knott Co. LL Lindsey Wilson College
Mon 7/20/09 2pm Hazard Perry Co. LL vs. South Oldham LL Lindsey Wilson College
Mon 7/20/09 4:30pm Richmond vs. Lewis Co. Lindsey Wilson College
Mon 7/20/09 7pm Hazard Perry Co. LL vs. Knott Co. LL Lindsey Wilson College

Tue 7/21/09 10am Seed #1 vs. Seed #2 Lindsey Wilson College(Championship)
Day 1 Results:
South Oldham (10) vs. Richmond (1)
Hazard/Perry (12) vs. Lewis Co. (0)
Knott Co. (4) vs. South Oldham (7)

Standings After Day 1:
1. South Oldham 2-0
2. Hazard/Perry 1-0
3. Knott Co. 0-1
4. Richmond 0-1
5. Lewis Co. 0-1

Today's Schedule:
10:30am Richmond vs. Hazard/Perry
3:30pm Lewis Co. vs. South Oldham
8:30pm Knott Co. vs. Richmond
Junior league state tournament championship game
tuesday 10:00am @ lindsey wilson college

# 1 seed richmond vs. # 2 seed hazard-perry

winner advances to central regional tournament in fort wayne, indiana
Anyone know how Lewis Co finished?It is usually a bad sign when our parents don't keep us informed of how there doing.
Here's a complete tournament re-cap.

Day 1:
South Oldham (1) vs. Richmond (10)
Hazard/Perry (12) vs. Lewis Co. (0)
Knott Co. (4) vs. South Oldham (7)

Day 2:
Richmond (4) vs. Hazard-Perry (2)
Lewis Co. (5) vs. South Oldham (9)
Knott Co. (0) vs. Richmond (16)

Day 3:
Lewis Co. (5) vs. Knott Co. (8)
Hazard-Perry (12) vs. South Oldham (4)
Richmond (10) vs. Lewis Co. (0)
Knott Co. (2) vs. Hazard-Perry (12)

Final Standings:
# 1 Seed Richmond 4-0
# 2 Seed Hazard-Perry 3-1
3. South Oldham 2-2
4. Knott Co. 1-3
5. Lewis Co. 0-4

Day 4: Seed # 1 Richmond (10) vs. Seed # 2 Hazard-Perry (9)

State Junior League Champions: Richmond
Richmond advances to Central Regional Tournament

Good job to all the teams who participated and congratulations Richmond. I would also like to thank the Hazard-Perry League Board Member who kept me informed all the way through the tournament so I was able to post it on the message board. Teams have a safe trip home.
I watched Hazard-Perry play Richmond Sunday morning and it was a very good game with Richmond coming through on an error I believe to win the game.

I can only imagine how good the championship game was between the two.
LION AT HEART Wrote:Anyone know how Lewis Co finished?It is usually a bad sign when our parents don't keep us informed of how there doing.
Lewis's combined runs scored /Run's allowed against the top 2 teams were 0/22.That is a good measuring stick when gauging yourself against the best teams.Going 0-4,and finishing 5th in a 5 team tournament is another way to evaluate where your at right now.Every team has down years.Lewis has had some good talent in this age group in the past,so don't expect them to stay down long.
Charlie Hustle Wrote:Lewis's combined runs scored /Run's allowed against the top 2 teams were 0/22.That is a good measuring stick when gauging yourself against the best teams.Going 0-4,and finishing 5th in a 5 team tournament is another way to evaluate where your at right now.Every team has down years.Lewis has had some good talent in this age group in the past,so don't expect them to stay down long.

Thank you for putting that nicely, Charlie Hustle. My son was a member of the LC team, he was the catcher, as a matter of fact. We were a better team than we showed, we faced many problems. The biggest one being we had a "coach" who only wanted to coach a chosen few and it divided our team and we played like individuals and not a team. There were too many chiefs and not enough indians, so to speak. Long story short, our manager/caoch was overwhelmed and we were abandoned by the other "coach" before we finished the tournament.

I do want to say that I am VERY PROUD OF OUR TEAM FOR STICKING AROUND AND FINISHING, EVEN THOUGH WE HAD LOST ALL GAMES. THAT SPEAKS ALOT OF THE BOYS AND THE COACH, JM. If you had stuck around to see our last game with Richmond, we held our own for awhile against the eventual Jr. League state champs, we played better in the last game and they had fun. In the end, like Charlie Hustle stated, don't count Lewis County out, we just had too many things going against us.

Best of luck to Richmond.
Charlie Hustle Wrote:Lewis's combined runs scored /Run's allowed against the top 2 teams were 0/22.That is a good measuring stick when gauging yourself against the best teams.Going 0-4,and finishing 5th in a 5 team tournament is another way to evaluate where your at right now.Every team has down years.Lewis has had some good talent in this age group in the past,so don't expect them to stay down long.

I'm sure the players from Lewis appreciate you pointing out their lack of success in the tournament.
It is no surprise they had a bad tournament with the weak schedule they played in middle school. They played some good teams in Jr League but just didn't have enough time to get prepared for the state. I do not mean to bash any team in the conference but it was extremely weak compared to earlier years. It did absolutely nothing to help prepare them for better competition that a team can face at the state level.
As for the head coach he did a outstanding job. And this team was divided long before they played in this tournament. They have solid talent and I agree they are much better than they showed down there. A little maturity, team work and forgetting the "I am better than you" aspect would help this team more than anything.
liberty Wrote:I'm sure the players from Lewis appreciate you pointing out their lack of success in the tournament.
It is no surprise they had a bad tournament with the weak schedule they played in middle school. They played some good teams in Jr League but just didn't have enough time to get prepared for the state. I do not mean to bash any team in the conference but it was extremely weak compared to earlier years. It did absolutely nothing to help prepare them for better competition that a team can face at the state level.
As for the head coach he did a outstanding job. And this team was divided long before they played in this tournament. They have solid talent and I agree they are much better than they showed down there. A little maturity, team work and forgetting the "I am better than you" aspect would help this team more than anything.

Well said, Liberty. I could not have agreed with you more. You hit the nail on the head with this one.