Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Bench
Without cheating and looking it up or asking someone, what do you think the most weight ever benched is? Whoever gets the closest wins a million dollars in manopoly money... ha ha ha
1150?

just a guess
806???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Its 1075 by Ryan Kennelly. Now can you tell me who has the highest single ply total. A hint. Hes from Charleston WV
Chip Tallman ?????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Matman Wrote:Its 1075 by Ryan Kennelly. Now can you tell me who has the highest single ply total. A hint. Hes from Charleston WV

Brian Siders. Without looking it up i believe his three lift total was 2100 plus pounds. Making him the number one powerlifter in the world.
I use to wrestle with a company and worked with alot of guys from the old WWF,WCW, AWA and atlantic coast wrestling..I watched Willy Williams from Huntington bench press 660 10 times in a work out. No spot and no help,, he used the squat rack weights on an olympic bar,,, It was bowed like a twig but he did it. Yea he stacked at the time and he made no quams about it.. But he did lift the front of a police car off the ground to get out of a ticket I know!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Single ply is not yet considered a record, by all organizations, but I would guess it is either Siders or Phister.

Scot Mendelson still holds the "raw", or shirtless record at 715.
bigcoachallen Wrote:Single ply is not yet considered a record, by all organizations, but I would guess it is either Siders or Phister.

Scot Mendelson still holds the "raw", or shirtless record at 715.

Its Siders.lol Phister is definately not a powerlifter. Strong guy especially in strongman events but powerlifting is not his sport. Single ply is considered a record by all feds. Thats why they have single ply, multi ply and raw divisions. Some meets will host only one of the formentioned divisions. But all feds do not recongnize all records. Thats why i go to powerliftingwatch.com. They give all feds results.
Matman Wrote:Its Siders.lol Phister is definately not a powerlifter. Strong guy especially in strongman events but powerlifting is not his sport. Single ply is considered a record by all feds. Thats why they have single ply, multi ply and raw divisions. Some meets will host only one of the formentioned divisions. But all feds do not recongnize all records. Thats why i go to powerliftingwatch.com. They give all feds results.

In the world spectrum, Single and Double.. and in many cases Raw is not respected as a "WORLD" record. WPO still only recognizes triple ply as the "true" world record. NASA, USAPL, etc are more diverse and have many more divisions... but lets face it... Kennelly benched 1075 and nobody cares about the rest, as far as the "world" records are concerned.

I compete raw only... and am lifetime steroid free. I hope that will be recognized some day, but as of right now... it is not. triple ply and juiced to the max is how the "world" record is gonna be broken (by whomever it will be).
bigcoachallen Wrote:In the world spectrum, Single and Double.. and in many cases Raw is not respected as a "WORLD" record. WPO still only recognizes triple ply as the "true" world record. NASA, USAPL, etc are more diverse and have many more divisions... but lets face it... Kennelly benched 1075 and nobody cares about the rest, as far as the "world" records are concerned.

I compete raw only... and am lifetime steroid free. I hope that will be recognized some day, but as of right now... it is not. triple ply and juiced to the max is how the "world" record is gonna be broken (by whomever it will be).

Again thats why they have different feds. You want to be recognized as a natural drug free athlete. NASA. They recongnize it. I compete as a natural liftime drug free athlete in single ply and raw NASA compititions. But for the media? They just want the biggest numbers. WPO is not recongnized as legit by most. More of a side show.
Matman Wrote:Again thats why they have different feds. You want to be recognized as a natural drug free athlete. NASA. They recongnize it. I compete as a natural liftime drug free athlete in single ply and raw NASA compititions. But for the media? They just want the biggest numbers. WPO is not recongnized as legit by most. More of a side show.

NASA is the only one I compete in. They are the ones that I started off with and I will most likely stick with them. They are very progressive and make it possible for anyone to compete at the highest level, for them.
Should this be moved out of the High School section and into the General discussion. This thread really has nothing to do with High School or Middle School sports
There are plenty of high school and even some middle school kids who compete with and without bench shirts, and hold records (state, national, and world). I don't see how it does not apply. Most great powerlifters started as teens and have just kept going throughout adulthood.
I thought the record b/p was 1010 pounds.
It was. Then it was 1014. Then Kennelly went nuts and did 1074. Then, followed that a week or so later with 1075. Of course these numbers are totally unachievable by a person not juiced out of their mind. Plus, he wore a tripple ply, open backed bench shirt which can add as much as 300 lbs.

I compete in NASA and they won't allow open backs and will only let you use single ply (which can add 30 - 100 lbs, depending on the fit). Plus, NASA tests for everything under the sun... so no "juicers" allowed! They do have an occassional "ex-juicer" show up, and they have a division just for them... it's called "Natural" (at least three years steroid free).
I wish they would ban all equipment. It's getting to rediculous.