Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumors..
of Gordon Varney going to Belfry, anyone know anything about this?
Not to my knowledge, i havent heard anything...but then again i dont have much knowledge so i wouldnt know lol
I heard it before, but I think its hogwash.

Now.......I'm not saying this to down Varney but it is my opinion, and a lot of others peoples as well, that Varney couldn't start in Belfry's backfield next year.

Corey Chapman (Jr. in '05) and Dustin May (Soph in '05) are both excellent RBs and I don't see Varney playing in front of either of them if he were to come to Belfry.
i agree 110 percent................plus why go now........after they lost the dream team....i know he wudnt haqve gotten hardly any playing time but hey state champs
I have not heard anything about this and i talk to the guy every day. I think it is jujst a rumor
I doubt it. Where did you hear this rumor?
Just some of the people here in P-burg were talking about it, must just be a rumor.
Well Varney is not going to Belfry, he was to go there it was because of basketball. However several of ________________ have contacted Varney, which is allegedly illegal in its own right. I was at his house when ___________ called GVarney. Maybe next time will record it, that way teh KHSAA can hear how Belfry keeps their tradition.
Valleyballa Wrote:Well Varney is not going to Belfry, he was to go there it was because of basketball. However several of ________________ have contacted Varney, which is allegedly illegal in its own right. I was at his house when ___________ called GVarney. Maybe next time will record it, that way teh KHSAA can hear how Belfry keeps their tradition.

I used to get calls from a certain baseball coach in Pike County, that is no longer a coach at the school, trying to get me to leave Pikeville to travel 5 miles up the mountain to play for him. My point being a lot of things like this happen at a lot schools, but most people are just not aware of it.
NO chance will Varney be at Belfry
Valleyballa Wrote:Well Varney is not going to Belfry, he was to go there it was because of basketball. However several of ________________ have contacted Varney, which is allegedly illegal in its own right. I was at his house when ___________ called GVarney. Maybe next time will record it, that way teh KHSAA can hear how Belfry keeps their tradition.

Valleyballa, if you are going to make that claim, at least step up and be a man about it and don't puss out and leave the blanks.

I don't believe a word. You're completely off base here.
Big Red Wrote:

Valleyballa, if you are going to make that claim, at least step up and be a man about it and don't puss out and leave the blanks.

I don't believe a word. You're completely off base here.

Kinda glad you saw that before I did. :twisted:
Sometimes it's better not to be naming names. Even if this is true or not. Becuase this could be someone's career we are tlaking about. And if rumors like this get started then it could be trouble for more than just one person.

Valleyballa, if this is just a rumor then please don't be putting stuff like that. And if it isn't, then this isn't the place for it to be discussed.

Big Red, it's better that they didn't name names. So before this one get's out of control, i'm going to lock it.