Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 2009
thoughts on the upcoming season for the Panthers? who did they lose and who do they have returning? Panthers went 9-4, lost 3rd RD State Playoffs Bell County 19-14.

Aug 21, 09Somersetat Knox Central/Lynn CampIV Pioneer Bowl
Aug 29, 09North Laurelaway5:30 PMCumberland Valley Bowl
Sep 4, 09Middlesboroaway7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09Williamsburgaway7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09Clay Countyaway8:00 PMAppalachian Bowl
Sep 25, 09McCreary Centralhome7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09Bell Countyaway7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09Rockcastle Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09Openhome
Oct 23, 09Madison Southernaway7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09Harlanaway7:30 PM

I heard KC had like 24 or 25 seniors last year? Can someone confirm this?
They had 13 Seniors last year.
This schedule is not very tough, this really surprises me, this schedule will not get them ready for district. (Bell,Rock)
they lost quit a bit of seniors. im prety sure they return all of their o line and most of the d line. but they should still be competitive this year. but could be rebuilding.
They took a hit due to graduation losing their leading rusher and starting quarterback. Defense will be good, but scoring points will be hard to come by when Knox faces tough competition.

Best of luck Knox Central this season!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They took a hit due to graduation losing their leading rusher and starting quarterback. Defense will be good, but scoring points will be hard to come by when Knox faces tough competition.

Best of luck Knox Central this season!

They will have a good football team this season. They will pick up where they left off last season IMO.
very good
Amped 88 Wrote:They will have a good football team this season. They will pick up where they left off last season IMO.

I agree. Coach Mills and the Panthers will come out shooting. I believe they will surprise a lot of poeple. I wish they played a few more games at home though..back to back away games can prove to be tough.
millertime_kc Wrote:I agree. Coach Mills and the Panthers will come out shooting. I believe they will surprise a lot of poeple. I wish they played a few more games at home though..back to back away games can prove to be tough.

I don't think that KC will surprise anyone because of the program that Mills has established.
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't think that KC will surprise anyone because of the program that Mills has established.

You are kind of right, given that the Knox Central program ain't where most programs want to be, but you gotta think too what Central had before Mills was there. Last year, KC won their first ever playoff game. The program has improved gradually since he's taken over and I think it will continue to improve this year. This is the team that gave Bell County a run for their money in the playoffs last season, minus a few big play makers. I'm not sayin' that will happen again, but I believe Central does have a few players that can possibly fill the shoes of last year's seniors. That's whats great about high school football. It is relatively unpredictable. :Thumbs:
Who is the new kid from Virginia? I saw him running over at Union College the other day and the kid is a HORSE!
How's Chad Merdia looking? Remember hearing a lot about this kid, but didn't hear much about him last season.
millertime_kc Wrote:You are kind of right, given that the Knox Central program ain't where most programs want to be, but you gotta think too what Central had before Mills was there. Last year, KC won their first ever playoff game. The program has improved gradually since he's taken over and I think it will continue to improve this year. This is the team that gave Bell County a run for their money in the playoffs last season, minus a few big play makers. I'm not sayin' that will happen again, but I believe Central does have a few players that can possibly fill the shoes of last year's seniors. That's whats great about high school football. It is relatively unpredictable. :Thumbs:

That is what I am sayin also:Thumbs:
the new kid is jonathan turpin. merida will probly be in the back field but bailey, j canady, t mills, and j turpin are all better.
How much funding did it cost to build the indoor practice facility? How is that working for you guys? Best of luck to K N O X.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
i believe it costed 1m. it helps out alot. it has a 35 yard field turf and an area designated for weight lifting. there is also batting cages for the baseball and softball team.
the dark wizard Wrote:i believe it costed 1m. it helps out alot. it has a 35 yard field turf and an area designated for weight lifting. there is also batting cages for the baseball and softball team.

It sure is nice. Wish we had one in Bell County.
Anything less than 9 regular season wins will be a disappointment. Very weak schedule but they will be a good team, not as good as 08 but still very dangerous.
William Muney Wrote:Anything less than 9 regular season wins will be a disappointment. Very weak schedule but they will be a good team, not as good as 08 but still very dangerous.

I agree good but not as good as 08. They will not take anyone by suprise this season.
the dark wizard Wrote:the new kid is jonathan turpin. merida will probly be in the back field but bailey, j canady, t mills, and j turpin are all better.

Now, who is Turpin? I'm just beginning to hear a new rumor so outlandish I've hesitated to mention it. Something about a Knox County born, Florida raised kid coming home and wanting to play for the Panthers. Could this be Turpin and if so, is there any truth to the Florida State recruit rumor?
the dark wizard Wrote:i believe it costed 1m. it helps out alot. it has a 35 yard field turf and an area designated for weight lifting. there is also batting cages for the baseball and softball team.

It's being built in stages and at it's current state I believe the cost to be closer to 350k with the future add ons totally a million.
i watched almost every game these boys played last year and merida wouldnt take a hit to save his life. turpin is far off from what you say. he is from virginia. his parents attended union co. and decided to move back down here. he is a soph to be im doubting he is getting attention from big d1 schools. also the field house is complete now so you can drive right up there next to the baseball field and see if you do not believe me.
the dark wizard Wrote:i watched almost every game these boys played last year and merida wouldnt take a hit to save his life.

Watch the video....

Sure doesn't look like someone who want take a hit to me.
the dark wizard Wrote:also the field house is complete now so you can drive right up there next to the baseball field and see if you do not believe me.

I've been inside many times. Eventually the the weight area will be enclosed with video rooms above and a player lounge added.
Just a little input on the last few comments. No, the field house is not complete. Yes, they do have the field, weights, batting cage, and bathrooms. there is a lot more that is going to be added.

As far as the comment on Merida. He came from a totally different offensive scheme where he played at South. As you know KC running game is set up to gain 3 to 5 yards a carry. It took him a while to get used to the pounding. I also went to every game last year except the South game. He got better as the season went on. I believe that the new kid will push him t be even a better running back this year. Don't be surprise to see two back with over 1,000 yards this years.

The new kid Jonathan, I don't know if he ever lived in Florida. But i do know that he first lived in GA and then moved to VA. He is a great kid with a good work ethic and additude.
I just never did see that 4.4 40 in the highlight video. Maybe a 4.8 or 4.9.
ok im gonna go back on what i said about merida. he is good. but what he is, is over rated. the field house will probly have a few more additions to it. but its prety much done. the film screen is and has been up btw.
warmachine Wrote:I just never did see that 4.4 40 in the highlight video. Maybe a 4.8 or 4.9.

That's what I was thinking. No way he runs under a 4.7.

Still a very solid looking football player.
His time a camps has been between 4.4and 4.5. I don't think he looks that fast either but that what he has been timed running the 40 in.