Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Player in the 14th in 2010?
thoughts on who will be the top player in the 14th in 2010?
Chase Adams - LCC. Mckenzie Smith from LCC also if he works on his hitting. He is a heckuva catcher.
I don't think you can leave out Tanner Sexton (LCC) in that list along with a couple of others from LCC..Mike Watts....Casey Kinkade..Going to be a deep team this year with some pretty good experience! They have worked there tails off!
You are right. They are all good players.
With the way he performed this year, leading the region in hitting and playing great defense behind the plate as an 8th grader, I would say that Dylan Creech would have to be at the top of this list.
Creech should be at the top of the list if he performs like this past season. I think he was born to play baseball with his natural abilities and talent.
Throw Corey Slone in the mix too.
what about Kyle Clowers from Estill?
I think you have to put Meehan from Hazard in there and you could also throw in Potter and King from Knott.
Dylan Creech - Wolfe County
Corey Slone - Hazard
Joey Meehan - Hazard
Chase Adams - Letcher County Central
Kyle Clowers - Estill County
Tanner Sexton - Letcher County Central
McKensie Smith - Letcher County Central
Mike Watts - Letcher County Central
Casey Kincade - Letcher County Central
Strikeout King Wrote:Dylan Creech - Wolfe County
Corey Slone - Hazard
Joey Meehan - Hazard

A pretty good list. They all (except Creech) faced top notch talent most of the time. Wolfe Co.'s weak schedule didn't allow Creech to face that many good teams. I know, it's not his fault. No doubt he's talented, but until he performs against some of the better teams/pitchers in the area more often, I can't see him at the top of the favorites list.
mandan Wrote:A pretty good list. They all (except Creech) faced top notch talent most of the time. Wolfe Co.'s weak schedule didn't allow Creech to face that many good teams. I know, it's not his fault. No doubt he's talented, but until he performs against some of the better teams/pitchers in the area more often, I can't see him at the top of the favorites list.
I had a long talk with Creech's dad earlier today and he said that Dylan's 15 year old team played in a 17 year old world series this past weekend against teams from lexington, london, and a team from new york as well as other places. He said they have also played lexington christian this year and he said that Dylan has been killing the ball against them as well so you can leave him at the top of this list because I am sure the competition that he plays against during the summer is better than the competition and pitching he faces in the 14th region. By the way, the only time I saw him struggle last season was against the slower, weaker pitching. He destroyed the good pitching he saw last season.
Ridgerunner Wrote:I had a long talk with Creech's dad earlier today and he said that Dylan's 15 year old team played in a 17 year old world series this past weekend against teams from lexington, london, and a team from new york as well as other places. He said they have also played lexington christian this year and he said that Dylan has been killing the ball against them as well so you can leave him at the top of this list because I am sure the competition that he plays against during the summer is better than the competition and pitching he faces in the 14th region. By the way, the only time I saw him struggle last season was against the slower, weaker pitching. He destroyed the good pitching he saw last season.
How did the 15 year old team do against the 17's?
Strikeout King Wrote:Dylan Creech - Wolfe County
Corey Slone - Hazard
Joey Meehan - Hazard
Great list but I would add Ritchie and Terry from Breathitt and Potter, King and Adams from Knott.
When did he destroy good pitching? Wolfe's schedule last year shows lots of games against bad teams. The only decent team they CHOSE to play was Lee Co. They HAD to play Hazard in the all "A" and Estill (in the 14th), and Breathitt (in the 55th). No PCC, LCC, Knott, Leslie, Powell, or anybody else any good from other regions.
I don't care what he's done this summer or where. The thread says top player in the 14th Region. Until he does something against the good teams here, he's not the best player.IMO. Talent? Sure, and he will only get better.
PCBaseball Wrote:Great list but I would add Ritchie and Terry from Breathitt and Potter, King and Adams from Knott.

Agreed. Some pretty good talent there.
mandan Wrote:When did he destroy good pitching? Wolfe's schedule last year shows lots of games against bad teams. The only decent team they CHOSE to play was Lee Co. They HAD to play Hazard in the all "A" and Estill (in the 14th), and Breathitt (in the 55th). No PCC, LCC, Knott, Leslie, Powell, or anybody else any good from other regions.
I don't care what he's done this summer or where. The thread says top player in the 14th Region. Until he does something against the good teams here, he's not the best player.IMO. Talent? Sure, and he will only get better.
I saw him play against lee, hazard, estill and breathitt and jackson city had good pitching with the 2 seniors but not alot of talent anywhere else. According to his coaches, he hit over .600 against those teams overall and if you add that up it accounts for 9 of the 22 games they played. Also, jackson county had some good pitching as well and were much improved this year and it does matter what a kid does in the summer if he is playing against better competition than what we have here in our region. When a kid hits over .600 for a high school season, you can't take anything away from that kind of performance. You can look on any of the teams schedule and find weak teams that they all played. He is the one player that I would start my team with. Obviously, you have a different opinion and that's ok. I will take creech over the rest.
mandan Wrote:When did he destroy good pitching? Wolfe's schedule last year shows lots of games against bad teams. The only decent team they CHOSE to play was Lee Co. They HAD to play Hazard in the all "A" and Estill (in the 14th), and Breathitt (in the 55th). No PCC, LCC, Knott, Leslie, Powell, or anybody else any good from other regions.
To say you don't care what a kid does in the summer or against who is just crazy. If a kid is playing better competition, which these elite traveling teams do, and is still performing at a high level, that tells you what a kid really is. Plus the fact that they play more games than a high school team does and therefor you get a much better read on what a kid can do. Summer travel teams are seen more often by college coaches as well because their season is over and they can go out and scout more freely. Over the past 3 years, I have seen creech play a few times with his elite summer team and the pitching they face is much better than what we face here in the 14th and he still has destroyed it evertime I have seen him. I would puy him at the top because I have seen him perform against high level competition and the times I have he even stands out down in lexington so you can't take anything away from this kid. He is a remarkable talent that will only get better. I wish we had him.
Smith from LCC
He needs to work on his hitting, but a excellent catcher behind the plate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I agree.
Does the player of the year have to be a senior??
This thread is concerning top players so it can be of any grade. If you are taking about an actual award I don't know. In basketball the KABC player of the year award only goes to a Senior because it gives them an automatic invitation to try out for Ky/Indiana all-stars.
Dekota Ritchie- Breathitt
When he is on the hill.....Breathitt can beat anybody!
I also would throw slone in there from knott central.
I guess PCC want be any good since they are'nt on the list. You have Ashworth,Amis,Mullins,Chitwood,Boggs. As a freshmen Boggs pitched and won against every team in the 14th That perry faced. The team he lost to was Estill. the game was over by the time he came in. Not saying anything bad about anybody on PCC becuase it was a team loss Estill was the better team.
You have to throw Gus Wise and Taylor Fagin in the mix. Im my opinion the two best Seniors in the 56th this year.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Dekota Ritchie- Breathitt
When he is on the hill.....Breathitt can beat anybody!

I agree 100%!
bac2369 Wrote:I also would throw slone in there from knott central.

hate to tell you but slone is from hazard.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:hate to tell you but slone is from hazard.

they are talking about Mikie Slone from KCC.