Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Sandy predictions
"I WAS WRONG" Saw on the forum about numbers that AMS has as many if not more out for practice than much larger schools.
Also heard AMS has had some great workouts so far. Players working hard, not missing practice, and a line that may be bigger and more mobile that a lot of area high schools.
Jamie Howell didn't rebuild, he reloaded. Good luck Blackcats.
Adams will not only be good but really good. May be the cream of the crop in the small school division of the Big Sandy.
hawg laig Wrote:"I WAS WRONG" Saw on the forum about numbers that AMS has as many if not more out for practice than much larger schools.
Also heard AMS has had some great workouts so far. Players working hard, not missing practice, and a line that may be bigger and more mobile that a lot of area high schools.
Jamie Howell didn't rebuild, he reloaded. Good luck Blackcats.

Let me say something. Adams never lays down! Every year its a dog fight no matter who they are playing! Coach Howell always brings a good game. Has lots of great players! In the years that I have coached, Adams is by far one of the best teams year in and year out! They will be tough...always are! They should never be counted out.
Betsy Layne is a big favorite in the small school division.
MR. Slate Wrote:Betsy Layne is a big favorite in the small school division.

yep !
Belfry is returning there starting QB this year. That should help them alot
hawg laig Wrote:Large School
Johnson Central
Lethcer Central
Perry County
Belfy
Martin County
Breathitt County (sorry Breathitt folks, just don't know much about your program)

Small School
Letcher 7th
Johnson 7th
Betsy Layne (the sleeper of the conference, they will be tough)
Hazard
Magoffin
Paintsville
Adams

Sebastian Middle School lost all of it's starters except 2. They don't have very much experience and they are really small so I don't think they will do well. They haven't even started practice this year yet.
bobcatmom1 Wrote:Sebastian Middle School lost all of it's starters except 2. They don't have very much experience and they are really small so I don't think they will do well. They haven't even started practice this year yet.

Sebastian is no longer in the conference.
Letcher Central and Johnson Central also lost all of their starters which were all 8th graders but they are still playing. I thought that Sebastian's 7th grade team was pretty darn good last year. They split with Letcher's team.
Is East Ridge even apart of this?
MR. Slate Wrote:Sebastian is no longer in the conference.

So we lost Martin Co. and Sebastian?? Isn't Sebastian on our schedule? If so, is it considered non - conference? I hate this for the conference. What made them quit?
So i guess that since Belfry beat LCC last night 20 to 8
that makes us number 1 in the Big Sandy
MADJACK75 Wrote:So i guess that since Belfry beat LCC last night 20 to 8
that makes us number 1 in the Big Sandy

i say yes because they done beat pcc and martin county to, they just got to beat jc now
They got beat belfry 20 lcc 8, pirates will win the big sandy
LCC should be down as they were in the finals the previous two years.
LARGE SCHOOL
JC
Belfry
LC
Perry CC
Martin C

SMALL SCHOOL
BL/Hazard
Magoffin
JC
LC
Adams
Paintsville
how can adams be ranked last of the small school teams. and how are 2 7th grade teams ranked higher than teams like hazard, betsylayne, adams?