Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartline says he's 'the guy'
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen was the #1 quarterback a few years back by every recruiting website and what has he accomplished in his two years at ND? Also, basketball & football are totally different sports. Look at it this way, take the #1 football player coming out of high school and put him in the NFL. How do you think he would honestly do compared to the #1 basketball recruit in high school in the NBA? Big difference's huh?

We can be excited about having two of the better quarterback prospects from the '09 class on our roster, but they have a lot to learn before they'll get their shot against some of the best competition college football has to offer.

I agree With you in many ways, but hartline showed no form of improving last season only getting worse until the bowl game, and the defense owned bigtime in that one, returning 2 fumbles for touchdowns, but still yet, how many number one draft picks from highschool do you know to be a major sucess other than prince james?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I agree With you in many ways, but hartline showed no form of improving last season only getting worse until the bowl game, and the defense owned bigtime in that one, returning 2 fumbles for touchdowns, but still yet, how many number one draft picks from highschool do you know to be a major sucess other than prince james?

Hartline showed a lot of improvement over the break between the Tennessee game and the East Carolina game correct? But our offense held their own against a ECU team that defeated Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and Tulsa last season.

It doesn't matter whether the player is drafted #1 overall or #30 overall. Fact of the matter is, its easier to go in the NBA straight out of high school and have more success than going straight from high school to the NFL. Thus showing only a small dose of differences between basketball & football.
You Avoided MY Question, Sad
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You Avoided MY Question, Sad

I thought I answered that in sentence #2. But I don't even know of a high school player being drafted 1st besides LeBron James off the top of my head, nor do I care.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I thought I answered that in sentence #2. But I don't even know of a high school player being drafted 1st besides LeBron James off the top of my heard, nor do I care.

Then why Bring it up, Lol, J/k i see your point