Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team in Mountains 2009
Who do you feel will be the best football team in the mountains in 2009
That's easy.....Breathitt.
I agree. With Bell County being close behind. I also think Belfry, Johnson Central, and Letcher Central will be some of the better teams this year.
they say bell didnt lose alot so i dont know about breahitt,beening 1,would be tight between then,bell,jc,
1a. Bell Co.
1b. Johnson Central
3. Breathitt Co.
4. Corbin
Corbin is a good team. I was just not thinking about them when I was thinking about mountain teams. They are considered a mountain team.
Bell
Bell County
Breathitt County
Johnson Central
Belfry
Corbin
Letcher County Central
Everyone is forgetting Whitley County.

WC was a 5A State Semi-Finalists and return nearly everyone.
1. Bell County
2. Breathitt County
3. Johnson Central
4. Whitley County
5. Corbin
6. Belfry
7. Letcher County Central
8. Hazard
9. Knox Central
10. Harlan County

Honorable Mention:

Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
South Laurel
Somerset
outdoorsman43 Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Breathitt County
3. Johnson Central
4. Whitley County
5. Corbin
6. Belfry
8. Hazard
9. Knox Central
10. Harlan County

Honorable Mention:

Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
South Laurel
Somerset
i can go with this list.
2. Breathitt County
3. Johnson Central
4. Whitley County
5. Corbin
6. Belfry
8. Hazard
9. Knox Central
10. Harlan County

Honorable Mention:

Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
South Laurel
Somerset

Really good list. I would probably switch Whitley and JC around and move Sheldon Clark in place of Harlan County though.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Really good list. I would probably switch Whitley and JC around and move Sheldon Clark in place of Harlan County though.

1. Bell County
2. Whitley County
3. Johnson Central
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox County
6. Letcher County
7. Corbin
8. Rockcastle County
9. Pulaskia County
10. Belfrey
Jchs eagles all the way.
That is easy Bell County. They are defending state champs and have alot returning and also went undefeated last season and until someone in the mountains beats them they will be the best in 09.:Thumbs:
2. Breathitt County
3. Johnson Central
4. Whitley County
5. Corbin
6. Belfry
8. Hazard
9. Knox Central
10. Harlan County

Honorable Mention:

Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
South Laurel
Somerset

Nice looking list. I agree with EKU as well though, I would put Sheldon Clark in the top 10.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Nice looking list. I agree with EKU as well though, I would put Sheldon Clark in the top 10.

Noway Hazard should be in top ten they lost a lot last year,Sheldon Clarkwill be a much better team and should replace Belfry ...Bell might be the best team untill someone beats them and Breathitt Bobcats should be 2nd and JCC 3rd and the rest is far behind,LCC will be the most improved team with coaching additions.
Hard to go against BREATHITT and their D1 running back and their D1 quarterback
Bell, Breathitt, and Hazard should be at the top of peoples lists..they made it the farthest last year and i think they should be considered the best until they are beaten
I agree with Bell and Breathitt but Hazard lost most of their starters last year and where it is a smaller school, it will be hard to reload.
My top 5 would consist of the following
1. Breathitt- Two D1 players and alot of experience comng back
1A. Bell- Last years Champs and they have a great team coming back.
3. Johnson Central- Lost some players but have a core of players returning.
4. Whitley County
5. Corbin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I agree with Bell and Breathitt but Hazard lost most of their starters last year and where it is a smaller school, it will be hard to reload.

But until they get beat they are Def. in the picture
1.)Bell
2.)Breathitt
3.)J.Central
4.)Corbin
5.)LCC
6.)Belfry
7.)Hazard
8.)Knox C.
9.)Harlan County
10.)Whitley County
Bell County
king360 Wrote:Bell, Breathitt, and Hazard should be at the top of peoples lists..they made it the farthest last year and i think they should be considered the best until they are beaten

I agree 110%. This is going to be a year that Hazard will be under estimated and will show a bunch of people they are still as good as last year if not better but the season has to hurry up and get here. Hazard schedule this year is stacked. I thought it was loaded last year and it is most definately loaded this year.

Aug 21, 09 Open home
Aug 28, 09 Leslie County away 7:30 PM
Sep 4, 09 Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09 Paris away 7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09 Williamsburg home 7:30 PM
Sep 25, 09 Corbin away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 Breathitt County away 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Harlan away 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 Jenkins home 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 Pineville home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Clay County

Besides district games thats a pretty tough schedule for anyone to play especially a Class A team. You have Two very good 5A schools in Letcher Central and Clay County, You also have y the number 2 ranked team in 3A if not number 1 in (Breathitt County).In Class 2A You have Corbin who is by far probably a number 3 or 4 seed in its class. Last you have a top 5 team in you own class that you could possibly face again in the playoffs in Williamsburg I also wouldnt forget Paris neither they could sneak up and be a force in the playoffs. This schedule should get Hazard ready for a playoff run and best case scenario for the regular season is 8-2 and worst case is either 6-4 or 5-5.
RealisticView Wrote:Hard to go against BREATHITT and their D1 running back and their D1 quarterback

Fugate definitely is a D1 running back but there is no way that Haddix is a D1 qb at all now if you are talkinga bout his brother then you are right. And just because you have 2 good players you don't have the best team.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree 110%. This is going to be a year that Hazard will be under estimated and will show a bunch of people they are still as good as last year if not better but the season has to hurry up and get here. Hazard schedule this year is stacked. I thought it was loaded last year and it is most definately loaded this year.

Aug 21, 09 Open home
Aug 28, 09 Leslie County away 7:30 PM
Sep 4, 09 Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09 Paris away 7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09 Williamsburg home 7:30 PM
Sep 25, 09 Corbin away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 Breathitt County away 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Harlan away 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 Jenkins home 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 Pineville home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Clay County

Besides district games thats a pretty tough schedule for anyone to play especially a Class A team. You have Two very good 5A schools in Letcher Central and Clay County, You also have y the number 2 ranked team in 3A if not number 1 in (Breathitt County).In Class 2A You have Corbin who is by far probably a number 3 or 4 seed in its class. Last you have a top 5 team in you own class that you could possibly face again in the playoffs in Williamsburg I also wouldnt forget Paris neither they could sneak up and be a force in the playoffs. This schedule should get Hazard ready for a playoff run and best case scenario for the regular season is 8-2 and worst case is either 6-4 or 5-5.

I think Hazard can win their district this year because it is weak but I do not believe they will be as good as they were last year. They lost too many key players.
1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Breathitt County
4. Letcher Co. Central
5. Corbin
6. Hazard
7. Belfry
8. Whitley County
9. Ashland
10. Knox Central
1. Bell County
2. Breathitt County
3. Johnson Central
4. Letcher Co. Central
5. Belfry
6. Hazard
7. Corbin
8. Prestonsburg
9. Ashland
10. Knox Central

I hope Belfry doesn't think SC and PC will be easy...These teams are stacked and have good coaches no doubt that Belfry are targets for these teams....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]