Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would LeBron go to the Knicks anyway?
There has been all kinds of talk about how LeBron will end up in New York for the upcoming season or after the upcoming season (when his contract with Cleveland expires).

Frankly, I just don't understand how that would be a good move for LeBron. I mean, the Knicks are a pretty big step down from the Cavaliers in case no one has noticed. I also really don't think that Mike D'antoni is the right coach for King James. In my humble opinion, I think LeBron would have the same situation in New York that he does right now in Cleveland (bunch of role players that can't help LeBron be on a championship caliber team).

Cleveland is right near his hometown, the city loves him, and all LeBron needs is one more true all-star (not a David Stern appointed Mo Williams) and he has all he needs to with a ring.

LeBron is growing impatient with the organization and rightfully so. The Cavalier organization really needs to get one more true all-star on the team if they want to keep their future hall-of-fame player. Another coach other than Mike Brown wouldn't hurt either.
The Knicks are going to offer him a deal he may not be able to refuse.

Getting LeBron in NY will do wonders for the Knicks organization, because he will sell the Garden out himself. Thats what the Knicks see. Sure it would be nice to win, but they are about money and that is something they have. LeBron will be able to put them in the playoffs, plus the Knicks will have enough money to put a few more all-star type players around him.

The Knicks will have a historic amount of money ready to offer players at the end of next season (09-10).
I agree! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I agree...I was looking for CURRY to go to the knicks...the Knicks cleared out all that cap space for a superstar...and to top it off Lebron was at alot of Currys Davidson games...so i thought I worked the puzzle but maybe not...I still say the knicks offer him a huge deal...
Sure LeBron would get a fat contract offer from the Knicks, but he will be in the same situation as he is in Cleveland if he wants a championship.
Not really. The Knicks have money to put people around him. Plus he will be playing on even a bigger stage. He will have a championship eventually.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Not really. The Knicks have money to put people around him. Plus he will be playing on even a bigger stage. He will have a championship eventually.

Agreed.
Lebron would go there because of the publicity outburst he would get. Nate Robinson is really blossoming and could aid Lebron a lot. All Lebron needs is a good, not great, big man and he could win a title.
Guys - why would the top recruit in the country (let's say he lives in EKY) want to go to UK, UofL, UNC, dUKe, UCLA etc.., instead of playing at EKU? PRESITGE!

It's not about money. Cleveland will pay him whatever it takes. It's about playing on the biggest stage in the WORLD! New York, LA, Chicago is the mecca NOT OF SPORTS, but of entertainment and media. Lebron is one of the greatest athletes of all-time. To go to NYC, the hype for him could be unparalleled to any other athlete in the world for years to come. In NYC, he could become bigger than MJ in due time. Look at the hype machine that the Yankees are. You don't think that the hype for Lebron would turn NYC and the WORLD on end?

Everyone gets caught up about championships. Everyone was asking why Meeks would leave UK and a chance for a championship to go to the NBA. It's about a payday and a chance to prove yourself. Trust me, these guys are about winning championships, but championships is not what drives them. If that was the case, why would you have any player in any sport leave in free-agency after their team just made the finals or won a championship.

Guys, we think too simply. If you think these professional athletes are in this just for a championship, your thinking is too shortsighted. These guys think they can produce a winner wherever they go. I am 100% positive that Lebron believes he could go to the Clippers and bring a championship there. So, He's not leaving because he "Thinks" he can go someplace that can win a championship, he KNOWs he will win a championship because of himself.

Let's be real, playing in Cleveland or playing in New York City??????????????
Confusedhh:psst.......(Hey LeBron, God told me you should go to Philadelphia!!):biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Guys - why would the top recruit in the country (let's say he lives in EKY) want to go to UK, UofL, UNC, dUKe, UCLA etc.., instead of playing at EKU? PRESITGE!

It's not about money. Cleveland will pay him whatever it takes. It's about playing on the biggest stage in the WORLD! New York, LA, Chicago is the mecca NOT OF SPORTS, but of entertainment and media. Lebron is one of the greatest athletes of all-time. To go to NYC, the hype for him could be unparalleled to any other athlete in the world for years to come. In NYC, he could become bigger than MJ in due time. Look at the hype machine that the Yankees are. You don't think that the hype for Lebron would turn NYC and the WORLD on end?

Everyone gets caught up about championships. Everyone was asking why Meeks would leave UK and a chance for a championship to go to the NBA. It's about a payday and a chance to prove yourself. Trust me, these guys are about winning championships, but championships is not what drives them. If that was the case, why would you have any player in any sport leave in free-agency after their team just made the finals or won a championship.

Guys, we think too simply. If you think these professional athletes are in this just for a championship, your thinking is too shortsighted. These guys think they can produce a winner wherever they go. I am 100% positive that Lebron believes he could go to the Clippers and bring a championship there. So, He's not leaving because he "Thinks" he can go someplace that can win a championship, he KNOWs he will win a championship because of himself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Confusedhh:psst.......(Hey LeBron, God told me you should go to Philadelphia!!):biggrin:

:Cheerlead:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Guys - why would the top recruit in the country (let's say he lives in EKY) want to go to UK, UofL, UNC, dUKe, UCLA etc.., instead of playing at EKU? PRESITGE!

Great post SD.
Well, ESPN is talking about Cleveland looking to sign Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza.

I'm pretty sure the Cavalier organization is trying their very best to keep LeBron in the city. They already got Shaq (which I don't think will make much of a difference) and now are pushing hard to sign two top-notch small forwards who can guard the perimeter and give you offense.

I think LeBron stays in Cleveland at least two more years.
If he doesn't win a ring this year, Then I think he's gone.
Well, looks like Cleveland missed out on Ariza and Artest.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, looks like Cleveland missed out on Ariza and Artest.

No surpise, everyone realizes it is only for one year.