Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks to Milwaukee Bucks
cougarpride08 Wrote:Once you get picked in the draft you are not eligible to be at college. Plus he is at least guaranteed some money, and I don't think Jodie will pass that up. The only way he could come back to UK is if he wasn't drafted. He belongs to Milwaukee now.

Unless it has been changed the team that drafts him has the rights to him for a year, if he wants to he can reapply for next years draft. Thats what they said when David Robinson was drafted by the spurs. They may have changed the rules since then.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...no+regrets

It wasn't the NBA draft night that most basketball players grow up dreaming of.

There was a gathering of family and friends and his parents' house in Norcross, Ga., a quiet night until the moment the Milwaukee Bucks made Meeks, the former University of Kentucky star, the 41st pick in last week's draft.

"It got pretty loud in the house," Meeks said in a phone interview this week. "People upstairs, people downstairs — everybody was screaming when they heard my name."

And that's pretty much where the fanfare stopped.

Meeks grabbed headlines throughout his junior season at Kentucky, averaging 23.7 points, torching Tennessee for a school-record 54 points in a game and grabbing All-Southeastern Conference honors.

His professional career has started with considerably less buzz.

Meeks has been working out in Milwaukee — where the Bucks consider him a steal, but where he's been overshadowed by first-round pick Brandon Jennings, a point guard who made waves last year by skipping college for a season in Europe.

Meeks has no agent and no contract, and when he begins play Friday in the Las Vegas Summer League it will be as a rookie with no guaranteed roster spot.

Meeks expects to make the team. The organization seems to expect it, too.
Since UK has already finalized the roster, he is not coming back. So please leave it at that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Since UK has already finalized the roster, he is not coming back. So please leave it at that.

Hunh? What does this have to do with Jodie coming back? This has certainly been a question that many have posted and it is nice to know how our former players are doing and what their plans are. This has more to do with Jodie's "next step" than anything to do with his UK days!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Hmm, Some Thought, But jodie would have still been the star, just a better supporting cast
Doubtful of him been the star that he was last year though....he would not score 25 points a game or anything like that....which would hurt him as am NBA prospect...because besides points his numbers were not that great...
theVILLE Wrote:Doubtful of him been the star that he was last year though....he would not score 25 points a game or anything like that....which would hurt him as am NBA prospect...because besides points his numbers were not that great...

Moving to Indy????
Stardust Wrote:Moving to Indy????

WHAT???oh my location...thats where the final four is next season...and hopefully the VILLE will be there...:Cheerlead:CheerleadTongueirateSho
theVILLE Wrote:WHAT???oh my location...thats where the final four is next season...and hopefully the VILLE will be there...:Cheerlead:CheerleadTongueirateSho

Oh, OK! So you are switching your allegiance to be a UK fan so you can go watch your CATS in the Final Four in Indy!

So we will begin seeing your new name: theLEX????
Stardust Wrote:Oh, OK! So you are switching your allegiance to be a UK fan so you can go watch your CATS in the Final Four in Indy!

So we will begin seeing your new name: theLEX????

NO WAY....my name is staying theVILLE and Im doubting your cats either one of them making to the final four next season...not saying VILLE wil make it that far I hope so though....I am saying right now if no injuries occur that Kansas or mich. st. will win the national championship....
By the way Milwaukee's Head Cosch tweeted that they have came to terms on a guaranteed 2 year deal with Jodie.

All those doubters saying he would never see the NBA and that he would no doubt be playing in Europe can line up to eat crow wherever they would like.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:By the way Milwaukee's Head Cosch tweeted that they have came to terms on a guaranteed 2 year deal with Jodie.

All those doubters saying he would never see the NBA and that he would no doubt be playing in Europe can line up to eat crow wherever they would like.

:Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:By the way Milwaukee's Head Cosch tweeted that they have came to terms on a guaranteed 2 year deal with Jodie.

He hasnt played yet...and probaly never will see the NBA floor as a starter..