Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate or Miles Simpson?
I'm goin to have to take the big horse in this one.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Purdue, Western Kentucky.

Duke, Michigan, and Nebraska have also shown interest.

thanks for the info. what grade is Simpson in? where does he wanna go?
I've gotta take Simpson & I agree with everything Stardust, Rob Van Winkle, and EKUAlum05 have said.
FBALL Wrote:I've seen both players in person. I'd take Simpson. He is the faster of the two and IMO the better defensive player.

NO COMMENT:eyeroll:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've gotta take Simpson & I agree with everything Stardust, Rob Van Winkle, and EKUAlum05 have said.

AGAIN.NO COMMENT:please:
BOBCAT Wrote:AGAIN.NO COMMENT:please:

Instead of saying "no comment" then why don't you enlighten us with your reasoning why Fugate is better.
BOBCAT Wrote:AGAIN.NO COMMENT:please:

Bias?
Yeah, has Simpson committed to any schools yet. I think that UT is a pretty prestigiuos school.
Barnet8383 Wrote:Yeah, has Simpson committed to any schools yet. I think that UT is a pretty prestigiuos school.

He has not, but as listed he certainly has his options to choose from including UC which was in a BCS Bowl game last year.
I just hope that both have great seasons and goes out there and shows what a couple of two KY boys can do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:I just hope that both have great seasons and goes out there and shows what a couple of two KY boys can do.

couldnt agree more C.C
C.Clair Wrote:I just hope that both have great seasons and goes out there and shows what a couple of two KY boys can do.

Great post C.C. Way to ground us here. In reality, both are great players and both are quality young men. It's so hard answering an "opinion" question without sounding offensive to the other party. In this case, the parties are two high school athletes, who are both GREAT! I as well wish them both well.
Well i am going to say this as a pick for Mr Football both should be there (1&2)but Fugate being from Easten Ky and schedule played it will be hard for him to get the VOTES needed...easy schedules and dont play the competion hurts his chances,and if he did would he get the yardage he got,but being from Eastern Ky all will say he is best and i am also,but when he stacks up against the best of the best can he,he has all the tools and in my opinion he is the best to come from Eastern Ky in many moons,only Tim Couch has more Hype than he,he has the press that many never gets and thats good for Eastern Ky kids to get it,many schools (colleges)wanted him and would have giving him his Education FREE,so again i and sticking with my Choice C.Fugate is the BEST!!!
Simpson is the man!
IMO channing is the better player.
channing 6'2" 225 with 40 time of low 4.6
simpson 6'2" 195 40 time 4.55
if i was a linebacker i would rather have simpson running at me channing is a beast in the backfield.
I'm a "homer" so I have to go with my fellow Hillbilly, Fugate. besides I love ground and pound football and he is the prototypical back for that type of offense.
Fugate
Let's see who earns that 4th star this year, who ever does that will surely be the better.
UCFB Wrote:Let's see who earns that 4th star this year, who ever does that will surely be the better.

The rankings (stars) are heavily tainted by the level of competition. Miles plays in the most balanced 6A conference in the state. I don't know much about Breathett's conference, where is it rankied? Though the thread is not titled "Who's best", it seems like everyone is trying to make an argument for who is best. Who's the best probably comes from who each of us have seen. I've watched Miles play since he was in the 7th grade, and I have never seen Channing, so I guess I am biased.
I've seen both and I would take Simpson.
Give me Channing.
Stardust Wrote:The rankings (stars) are heavily tainted by the level of competition. Miles plays in the most balanced 6A conference in the state. I don't know much about Breathett's conference, where is it rankied? Though the thread is not titled "Who's best", it seems like everyone is trying to make an argument for who is best. Who's the best probably comes from who each of us have seen. I've watched Miles play since he was in the 7th grade, and I have never seen Channing, so I guess I am biased.

Breathitt's Conference includes Estill, Powell and Magoffin, but besides the conference Breathitt plays Johnson Central, P'Burg, Lex. Christian, and others. Breathitt and Estill are the 2 Best Teams in the Conference,. Powell County is working there way up and in a few years, maybe next year they will be awesome, dont know much about Magoffin.
Simon Kenton senior running back and defensive back Miles Simpson is the reigning Enquirer player of the year and a strong candidate for this year's Mr. Football award. He is one of the top-rated recruits in Kentucky's class of 2010. Schools like Purdue, Indiana, Kentucky and Louisville have offered scholarships.

Recruiting Web site Scout.com has Simpson ranked as the 26th best running back in the country, seven spots ahead of a player committed to USC. But in this summer recruiting diary (as told to Enquirer reporter Ryan Ernst), Simpson says he pays little attention to ratings.

I don't really read the rankings or try to compare myself against other players. Really, the only player I've ever tried to be better than is my dad (David). He played at Newport and won a Division I-AA national title at Eastern Kentucky in 1982. He already has a ring; I want one too.

That's what we've been working for all offseason, winning a state championship.

I also went to UC's summer camp and Michigan's summer camp. They were both really fun. UC actually had more players at its camp, but Michigan was a little more competitive. I was kind of hoping Michigan was going to offer, but they haven't yet. If they do, great. But I'm not really worrying about it. I knew going into the Michigan camp it was going to show me what I needed to work on, and it did: speed, footwork and flexibility.

I've been working on speed a lot in practice, but I don't know if I've gotten any better. The only guys I can really race are Sage Powell and Nik Brown. They're both pretty quick and they're right there with me.

Another teammate, offensive lineman Jordan Hansel, is kind of going through the whole recruiting process with me. He has two Division I offers and schools are starting to talk to us like we're a package deal. I think that's awesome. I'd love to go to school with one of the guys I play with now.

Other than football, I spent most of my summer working at Camp Ernst. I'm a counselor and a lifeguard. I basically just get to run around and do activities with kids. My whole family has worked there and I started going there when I was 6.

Pretty soon I'll have to make that college decision. I thought about doing it before the season, but then I talked to my dad about it and he said I should wait.

I really wanted to get it out of the way so I could focus on the season and not stress out about it. But right now, I don't know what I'm going to do or when I'm going to decide.
Id have to go with Channing Fugate.
Based on the competition that Simpson has faced and the competition Fugate has faced, I'll have to say Simpson. I have never seen Simpson in person, but have seen videos of him. There is no denying that both are great players and are on their way to fine football careers, but Miles simply goes up against the toughest defenses in the state of Kentucky and Channing doesn't. That may not sound fair, but that is why I am picking Simpson over Fugate.

But like I say, both are tremendous players and any coach in the state of Kentucky would love to have either of them as apart of their team.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Based on the competition that Simpson has faced and the competition Fugate has faced, I'll have to say Simpson. I have never seen Simpson in person, but have seen videos of him. There is no denying that both are great players and are on their way to fine football careers, but Miles simply goes up against the toughest defenses in the state of Kentucky and Channing doesn't. That may not sound fair, but that is why I am picking Simpson over Fugate.

But like I say, both are tremendous players and any coach in the state of Kentucky would love to have either of them as apart of their team.

:Thumbs:
I have seen both play i would go with simpson.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Based on the competition that Simpson has faced and the competition Fugate has faced, I'll have to say Simpson. I have never seen Simpson in person, but have seen videos of him. There is no denying that both are great players and are on their way to fine football careers, but Miles simply goes up against the toughest defenses in the state of Kentucky and Channing doesn't. That may not sound fair, but that is why I am picking Simpson over Fugate.

He went up against like 3 or 4 AT THE Most "tough" teams last year.No more than Channing.You people think because he didn't play mountain teams that YANKEES are tougher?Give me a break.I wonder what Simon Kenton could have done against Johnson Central or Belfry myself.They and WE are as good as any YANKEE team.:flush: