Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks to Stay in Draft
JOBAKKA Wrote:Yeah Jodie got a JOB. Best of luck to him. I always love how you post what everyone else should be posting or thinking I guess you are a member of the thought police. I hope he makes a ton but I am stating I know Jodie has been misinformed by some close and I hope he is not to disappointed in the outcome. Sorry I am not as thoughtful and compassionate as you claim to be. No where did I post anything about him playing at Kentucky my frustration was for his future. But like I said even playing in Europe is more than many of us have accomplished. again the required Best wishes.

thank you for letting me get under your skin :zzz:
Warriors23RJ Wrote:My opinion on this is that UK is better off with Meeks gone. He is a selfish player who was only playing for the name on the back of his jersey not the the one on the front. He made bone head mistakes time after time and took stupid shots more often than not last season. Sure they would not have won a couple games w/out Meeks in the lineup but he is more of a distraction than anything else. UK is better of w/out Meeks and thats my opinion on this. He'll never play in the league, and if he does somehow get a roster spot somewhere he will very, very, fortionate.

uh ok....i admit jodie forced alot at the first of the year but as the year went he played within the game. but everyone takes "not the right shots" no matter who you are at least sometimes. to say he is selfish thats a whole other thing. him and PP was the only two starters who had enough guts to put the ball up. and about 60% of all possessions the team would wait until to 6 or 7 seconds left and go hand it to jodie to throw up a prayer that might be where you stupids shots come into play. and to say we are better without him you really must not like him for some personal reasons cause it isn't for basketball. next year he will have a NBA jersey on with his name on the back.
congrats to Meeks, Hope he gets what he wants, (1st round pick).

Now that some of the players withdrew their names from the Draft I seem to think he will get the 1st round pick he wants. I say he made the right choice in staying in the Draft. Hope he has a great career in the futhure
so what is our starting lineup going to be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:so what is our starting lineup going to be?

PG- John Wall
G - Darnell Dodson
G/F - Darius Miller
F - Patrick Patterson
F/C - DeMarcus Cousins
outdoorsman43 Wrote:PG- John Wall
G - Darnell Dodson
G/F - Darius Miller
F - Patrick Patterson
F/C - DeMarcus Cousins

Not too shabby :Clap:
I wish him luck. With the talent UK will have, he probably thinks he should get what he can get now. don't want to be overshadowed. If he would stay we would be a final 4 team but, would that help his draft spot next year?? (probably not).
bigjim4packers Wrote:I wish him luck. With the talent UK will have, he probably thinks he should get what he can get now. don't want to be overshadowed. If he would stay we would be a final 4 team but, would that help his draft spot next year?? (probably not).

Good post. As I have said, the dribble drive offense will hurt Jodie's point production. He put up numbers this year that he will not have next year. From a marketing standpoint, he had a better year this year than he is likely to have had if he stayed. Thus, it's not a bad move at all to take the leap, whether it is the NBA or Europe
G - Darnell Dodson
G/F - Darius Miller
F - Patrick Patterson
F/C - DeMarcus Cousins

Who do you think is the best 3 point shooter out of the guards?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Who do you think is the best 3 point shooter out of the guards?

From what I have seen personally, Darius Miller.

But, as BCA pointed out earlier, UK Assistant Orlando Antigua said that "Darnell Dodson has one of the best strokes he has seen."
outdoorsman43 Wrote:From what I have seen personally, Darius Miller.

But, as BCA pointed out earlier, UK Assistant Orlando Antigua said that "Darnell Dodson has one of the best strokes he has seen."

Beat me to it ODM43, I was going with Miller only because I know him. I heard possitive info on Dodson's shot, but not much about how much of a 3-threat he is. We know Wall's game is not shooting from the outside. The scouting report on Wall is that he needs to refine his outside shot.
What doesn't he get about UK being a top contender in the NCAA?
G - Darnell Dodson
G/F - Darius Miller
F - Patrick Patterson
F/C - DeMarcus Cousins

i heard the coach wants to put in wall and bledsoe at the same time
cuppett777 Wrote:i heard the coach wants to put in wall and bledsoe at the same time

For the dribble/drive offense, that would be a scarry guard combo. I would venture to say that this is the first time that Coach Cal has had two guards this good on the same team. His options for what he can do with these two kids on the floor at the same time is exciting to wait for.
Stardust Wrote:For the dribble/drive offense, that would be a scarry guard combo. I would venture to say that this is the first time that Coach Cal has had two guards this good on the same team. His options for what he can do with these two kids on the floor at the same time is exciting to wait for.

You got that right!
JOBAKKA Wrote:Who's mad. Get over yourself, I could care less if you think his future is bright. You want to wager where he plays at the most NBA or Europe. **** if the GMs tell you there are only slighty interested then I figure you ain't going to high. So check out all the prediction boards and see what the experts say compared to your evualuations genious.:flame:

Well here is the thing. Everyone was so excited at the fact that he might come back now all you can say about him is that he has little or no future in the NBA and that europe is all he is good enough for. You need to get over yourself. And as far as draft boards go they are about as accurate as Shaq shooting a free throw.
I wish the best for Jodie. I would have loved for him to stay, but he has to do what is best for him and if going to the NBA is what that is, then that is what he needs to do.
Maybe adjusting to your 3rd coach in 4 years doesn't appeal to him. Just a thought. Thanks, Jodie for being a bright spot in an otherwise dim 3 years!! Good luck with your future wherever it leads you. You will be missed.
G - Darnell Dodson
G/F - Darius Miller
F - Patrick Patterson
F/C - DeMarcus Cousins

don't forget about hood he is listed on espn as the 17 small forward i think but rivals has him as the #7 shooting guard(if i am not mistaken) and he has one of the quickest shots i have ever seen he is just as deadly driving the ball ...don't count him out he is the best shot for the 2 spot next year ....could have 2 mr ky's starting next year....something to think about
JCHS05 Wrote:Well here is the thing. Everyone was so excited at the fact that he might come back now all you can say about him is that he has little or no future in the NBA and that europe is all he is good enough for. You need to get over yourself. And as far as draft boards go they are about as accurate as Shaq shooting a free throw.

fanatic11 Wrote:I wish the best for Jodie. I would have loved for him to stay, but he has to do what is best for him and if going to the NBA is what that is, then that is what he needs to do.

eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Maybe adjusting to your 3rd coach in 4 years doesn't appeal to him. Just a thought. Thanks, Jodie for being a bright spot in an otherwise dim 3 years!! Good luck with your future wherever it leads you. You will be missed.

All excellent posts gentlemen :notworthy
But let us not forget what would happen if no one drafted him. Could he come back or has he already hired a agent?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:But let us not forget what would happen if no one drafted him. Could he come back or has he already hired a agent?

He is more than likely going to be drafted.
this is crazy to think that jodie will go undrafted he is an amazing talent......from what i saw in the lexington herald.... if he doesn't hire an agent and goes undrafted... all he has to do is write barnhart and request to come bask...
cougarpride08 Wrote:But let us not forget what would happen if no one drafted him. Could he come back or has he already hired a agent?

Meeks will not be eligible to return to UK for his senior year regardless of whether he is drafted or not. There was some scuttle this morning that Meeks may indeed be OK if he is not drafted. Though he forgoes guaranteed money if drafted in the first round, if he is not drafted at all, he is free to negotiate with any team that wants him. There appears to be interest in him from the Lakers, Grizzlies, 76ers and Pistons who are willing to sign him if not drafted. There is potential that the Lakers would take him with the last pick in the draft.
i think starting dodson at the 2 will give us the size that we need there and if we want bledsoe we got him too.
Has he hired a agent?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Jodie Meeks made the right decision.

All of you need to lay off of him. The money is right there and as some of you have said, Jodie would be playing with two or three guys that may be drafted above him next season (John Wall, Patrick Patterson, and DeMarcus Cousins).

Here is some food for thought: I don't know if this has been posted on yet or not, but I heard Jay Bilas say on ESPN that this would be the third Coach that Jodie would have been under in only four years and maybe he doesn't want to adjust to another coach, another system, and another way of doing things once again.

I tend to somewhat agree with Jay here. If I were in Jodie's shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.

That is what we all should do, put ourselves in his shoes. What would you do, if you were him?
Good Luck Meeks
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Jodie Meeks made the right decision.

All of you need to lay off of him. The money is right there and as some of you have said, Jodie would be playing with two or three guys that may be drafted above him next season (John Wall, Patrick Patterson, and DeMarcus Cousins).

Here is some food for thought: I don't know if this has been posted on yet or not, but I heard Jay Bilas say on ESPN that this would be the third Coach that Jodie would have been under in only four years and maybe he doesn't want to adjust to another coach, another system, and another way of doing things once again.

I tend to somewhat agree with Jay here. If I were in Jodie's shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.

That is what we all should do, put ourselves in his shoes. What would you do, if you were him?

:Thumbs:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Jodie Meeks made the right decision.

^ This