Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilgrim & Galloway will NOT Return to UK Next Season
outdoorsman43 Wrote:What's good about Perry Stevenson?

- He is long at 6'9.
- He has a wide wingspan.
- He is a shot-blocking machine which makes him a decent inside presence on defense.

What's not so good about Perry Stevenson?

- He is very undersized for a big man, only weighing about 190.
- He is slow and not very physical, especially on the offensive end.
- He hardly even has a post game.
- He seems to have trouble catching the ball down low.
- He isn't the least bit coordinated.
All those things can be improved in the off season, and he is a body that can be used on the defense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
outdoorsman43 Wrote:What's good about Perry Stevenson?

- He is long at 6'9.
- He has a wide wingspan.
- He is a shot-blocking machine which makes him a decent inside presence on defense.

What's not so good about Perry Stevenson?

- He is very undersized for a big man, only weighing about 190.
- He is slow and not very physical, especially on the offensive end.
- He hardly even has a post game.
- He seems to have trouble catching the ball down low.
- He isn't the least bit coordinated.

To me Perry wasn't really a key part of the UK wildcats. But, he does a lot of dirty work that seems to go unnoticed.
Coach Cal will teach him things Billy G couldn't. I am glad he is still on the roster. He is a block shot machine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Perry is a beast.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Coach Cal will teach him things Billy G couldn't. I am glad he is still on the roster. He is a block shot machine.

Agreed.
When PP got hurt, he really stepped up. The only thing was he wasn't consistent, but like I said coach will help him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:When PP got hurt, he really stepped up. The only thing was he wasn't consistent, but like I said coach will help him.

Yes, he really stepped up his game when Patrick went down. But, like you said he was very inconsistent.
Coach Cal and most importantly his staff will work with Perry. You will see a major difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Galloway and Pilgrim have been released from there Scholarships
I heard that there might be one more gone, but you can never tell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Both re looking around. I saw them both together this past weekend on Campus of another school.
That is cool. Best of luck to them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

i absolutely hated to hear this. galloway was a tenatious defender and strong when he did take it to the basket all be it he didn't do it often .... but i kind of understand the pilgrim thing he is a true post up player and with the likes of cousins orton and ppat he probably wouldn't see the floor. you have to look at the dif lineups and where he would fit it at .... remember that the ddm the 4 is more of a wing small forward not the typical post threat as in other o's
5-cousins
4-ppat
3-miller
2-hood
1-wall
if something were to happen to cousins or just needs a break then
5-orton
4-ppat
3-miller
2-hood
1-wall
if something to orton and cousins
5-ppat
4-stevenson
3-miller
2-hood
1-wall
something els were to happen to the other 5's or even more true 4s the the ddm would even be a little more potent as miller and hood would go from the 3 and 2 respectively to the 3 and 4 with bledsoe stepping in at the 2 ...or even harris stepping in at the 3 and miller going to the 4..... i know that people are down on harris but this style fits his game ....for the first 3/4 of last season he was the only s/f to drive and put it on the floor and was probably the second best defender on the team behind meeks and more often than not matched up on smaller guards as to give meeks a break on the defensive side.......
just trying to say that i didn't really see where he fit into the 1 point 3 wing and 1 power/center system....aka the ddm