Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks returning for his Senior Season?
I just received a Twitter saying that both Kevin Galloway and Matt Pilgrim are both leaving the University of Kentucky.... If this is true, then that must mean one thing, right? Jodie Meeks is returning for his Senior season at the University of Kentucky!!!!! If only one of those players left and Meeks stayed in the draft, then UK would be at it's limit in scholarship players... However, if both are leaving, then with Meeks coming back, then they are at their limit.... OPINIONS are NEEDED>>>>:thanks:
Its to early to tell what this holds. Meeks may come back and may not, its untelling, its seems to me like he really wants to be in the NBA but no team is going to take him with a first round pick, which he wants. So therefore I think that Jodie will drag it out until he has no other options but to return to school or stay in the draft and get drafted in the second or third round.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I thought they need to get rid of three? Or is it just two scholarship?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
If Jodie does return then UK will be a force this year. Jodie will be a much needed leader on a freshman heavy team. He will be needed.
fanatic11 Wrote:If Jodie does return then UK will be a force this year. Jodie will be a much needed leader on a freshman heavy team. He will be needed.

Great post.
I hope and wish Meeks returns , I think he will.
We will find out by next week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Can't wait to see what Jodie decides.
WYMT just confirmed that they was leaving.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Maybe if Meeks stays in the draft, we'll get Lance Stephenson. Or maybe the Henry brothers. Naw I'd rather see them throw one of the walk-on's a bone, there's 3 that are going to be seniors this season.
Everyone is backing off of Lance like he's got the plague or something... I know what it is, it's NCAA Violations just waiting... I don't think that Lance will ever be qualified to play for an NCAA team, just like the kid that just signed with Mississippi State, Sidney, I don't think the NCAA will clear this kid as well
Man, I hope Jodie makes the right decision and comes back to school.
I don't want Henry either. Too much drama. UK doesn't need that. I rather have Meeks. If he goes NBA, then keep that scholarship for next year. We will have 7 open scholarships for freshman next year if Meeks goes to the Nba. I want him to come back though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think this is a good indication that Meeks in returning to Kentucky.
i think with these boys leaving doesn't mean meeks is coming back just yet caz you got to think that we'll need schollys for next year especially if the class is as special as this years.
Our recruiting class is pretty much set actually ill bet it is set. Not enough room.
beasy_bo Wrote:i think with these boys leaving doesn't mean meeks is coming back just yet caz you got to think that we'll need schollys for next year especially if the class is as special as this years.

Good point.
I believe it is set also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

i just heard on Lex 18 News Sports that on a Couple of Blogs, Jodie should come back to school and is expected to come back to school but nothing has been confirmed yet
we got 3 days left. With Galloway and Pilgrim leaving you have to think that he is returning to school. Prolly just going to make us wait it out.
I was told he had till 5:00pm Monday to make a decision.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I read this mourning that Jodie would make his choice this weekend and say if he is staying or going by the end of the weekend. Most people think that he will be a early second pick but if he returns to UK and plays under coach Cal, he will be a shoe in for the first round next year. Meeks has until 5 pm on Monday to say but, from what I have read, he will be making his choice by sunday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:I read this mourning that Jodie would make his choice this weekend and say if he is staying or going by the end of the weekend. Most people think that he will be a early second pick but if he returns to UK and plays under coach Cal, he will be a shoe in for the first round next year. Meeks has until 5 pm on Monday to say but, from what I have read, he will be making his choice by sunday.

i hope he comes back. Thanks for the Info. C.C.
I think he won't wait till monday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Come back Jodie please!
Whatever is best for his family that is what he is going to base his decision on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Whatever is best for his family that is what he is going to base his decision on.

I would hope he bases his decision in consideration of his family.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Jodie will be back...he is projected as a second round pick which has no guaranteed contract. I think if he doesn't stay for his senior season he will eventually end up overseas.