Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2009
Thoughts?
I didn't know they was fielding a team this year? Did they field a team last year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I didn't know they was fielding a team this year? Did they field a team last year?

Yes they have fielded a team the past 3 years. They payed LCC last year at LCC.
Thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I do say Prestonsburg will win their District. They have a new coach. Who is very open and disciplinary. Hes a keeper as well with 21 years of expirence from Michigan under his belt!

The players, they have the Fantastic Four basically.
Caleb Petry, Nick Conn, Brad Stanley, and Charlie Joseph. The rest are just alright. But from watching these kids over the year ^ those four will make the most noise.
P-burg should be able to contend with anyone. The biggest issue the team faces is an inconsistent, backward feeder system from Floyd Youth Soccer. The Rec. league is a mess. There are countless players who have opted to play football instead of thier best sport, soccer, because of thier experience in youth soccer. If the staff of P-burg can help get that mess straightened out, thier future is very bright.
How is there youth league?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I personally believe their youth league is alright. Their U-16 is awesome!
But honestly, Starting this year- The Kickin Cats will not look back (Y)
Youth soccer is the only way to get the program started.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I was not questioning the ability or talent of the players, if they could be kept involved the Floyd County schools would be loaded with high quality palyers. My problem is how the program is organized and run. My nephew played six consecutive seasons. He never once was on a team with more than 2 other players whom he had played with before. The reason stated was it would be unfainr to keep kids together.This year he was put on a waiting list becuase the roster was full and he signed up late. That was fine, but the team he would have been on, played "short" the entire year, but he never got added to the team. When he did play, games would be cancelled without notice, qualified referees were in short supply, and certain coaches were allowed to play players up to field a full team while other coaches were told no.
Man that is tough. If it isn't done right, then it won't work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think they will have an awesome team this year... both the boys and the girls teams!
can't wait for the season to start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

they Might be able to play with some teams
but some team i know for a fact they will have huge problems
3 of thoes teams is Johnson Central, Pikeville, and PCC.
and i also heard that prestonsburg is losing a player to paintsville.
charlie Joseph is gonna be a tiger
No Loss
Defintly not, Charlie Joseph is hear to stay, who even said that. Im a good friend of his actually, and Im pretty sure hes a dominate sophomore this year (Y).
I truthfully love playing Pburg! Its great lol!
And that Charlie kid, was a impact on your all's team. I personally love playing with him cause hes one of the few (along with caleb brad and nick) that actually KNOWS how to play soccer.
But----- I think Pburg will be much better, they dont lose much!
I think they have lost Jeff. he was in a really bad car accident from what i hear and i dont know if her will be back or not. and Jody Tackett graduated. and i heard that some of the others are going back to football but i dont know that for sure.
SoccerCat Wrote:I do say Prestonsburg will win their District. They have a new coach. Who is very open and disciplinary. Hes a keeper as well with 21 years of expirence from Michigan under his belt!

The players, they have the Fantastic Four basically.
Caleb Petry, Nick Conn, Brad Stanley, and Charlie Joseph. The rest are just alright. But from watching these kids over the year ^ those four will make the most noise.
That's awesome!
Who is this new coach?
The blackcats new coach is Stephen Wayne from Detroit,Mi and also has experience as a player.
Charlie Joseph is here at Pburg to stay he is a solid player on our team. I am a close friend of his. He is doing awesome as a junior and I can't wait to see him progress as a Senior next year.
Charlie is only a sophmore so he not only has this year but two more as well that he can contribute to the team!!!