Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-6 A Championships
I always like to keep brackets, during the playoffs, but I also like to just guess who might be in Louisville... or I guess this year... Bowling Green.

I haven't been keeping up with a lot of different programs, so I will let someone else start with their psychic powers...lol
it should be a repeat of last year for everyteam except mabye 2a and 3a but the winners will stay most likely.

I can for sure say that the final 4 in 3a will be union vs. central and breathitt vs. belfry and its a toss up from there.
UCFB Wrote:it should be a repeat of last year for everyteam except mabye 2a and 3a but the winners will stay most likely.

I can for sure say that the final 4 in 3a will be union vs. central and breathitt vs. belfry and its a toss up from there.

Yea I am thinking that also how are you guys looking at Union?
TCCardinal Wrote:Yea I am thinking that also how are you guys looking at Union?

we are returning 17-18 starters and alot of varisty players. all our lineman have gained about 30-50lbs each. we also have everyone who should have played last year coming out for their senior season. we return devin foster who ran for near 2500 yards and a good amount of receiving yards. jordan robison our quarterback returns who had nearly 2000 passing yards. our main receiver bryan bickett returns who had nearly 1000 receiving yards. our whole offensive line returns except one tackle. our skills on both side are returning nearly every position. our d line will be pretty strong as last yard was. this year we have also gotten alot stronger, some sophmore lineman were benching like 150 and now have actually got some strength. we have the strongest team that may ever be from union these next 2 years.
UCFB Wrote:we are returning 17-18 starters and alot of varisty players. all our lineman have gained about 30-50lbs each. we also have everyone who should have played last year coming out for their senior season. we return devin foster who ran for near 2500 yards and a good amount of receiving yards. jordan robison our quarterback returns who had nearly 2000 passing yards. our main receiver bryan bickett returns who had nearly 1000 receiving yards. our whole offensive line returns except one tackle. our skills on both side are returning nearly every position. our d line will be pretty strong as last yard was. this year we have also gotten alot stronger, some sophmore lineman were benching like 150 and now have actually got some strength. we have the strongest team that may ever be from union these next 2 years.

i am proud you support your team and you think highly of them you should,but you know when you guys faced central, and the boys from the east your looking at diffent football,i wish you the best and i live in madisonville now,no longer BELFRY,but there still my team,and no they prob wont make it that far this year,but you cant every year,anyway with all that said,paducah may be back this year,they gave central all they wanted 2 yrs ago when cental won on a late field goal...
cuppett777 Wrote:i am proud you support your team and you think highly of them you should,but you know when you guys faced central, and the boys from the east your looking at diffent football,i wish you the best and i live in madisonville now,no longer BELFRY,but there still my team,and no they prob wont make it that far this year,but you cant every year,anyway with all that said,paducah may be back this year,they gave central all they wanted 2 yrs ago when cental won on a late field goal...

tilghman lost alot of players this year, they are still heavily rebuilding. the only western teams that could beat central or an eastern team in 3a is probly union. tilghtman had an godly team the year they lost to central in the semi finals, every player was just fit to play their position on the 2007 team for tilghman. without centrals kicker that year id say tilghman would have gone on to beat belfry and win the title either way id just like to beat central thats my main goal and honestly our whole teams goal really, central played that **** " THE CHAMPS ARE HERE" after every single touchdown and it still rings through my head. id like nothing more to beat central and then win the state champion ship but yes getting through both central and the east will be tough but not impossible.
1A - Beechwood
2A - Fort Campbell
3A - Lou. Central
4A - Lexington Catholic
5A - Highlands
6A - Lou. Trinity
My Prediction
1A ???
2A Corbin
3A Breathitt Co
4A Boyle Co
5A Highlands
6A ST X or Trinity ( Its a given)
UCFB Wrote:tilghman lost alot of players this year, they are still heavily rebuilding. the only western teams that could beat central or an eastern team in 3a is probly union. tilghtman had an godly team the year they lost to central in the semi finals, every player was just fit to play their position on the 2007 team for tilghman. without centrals kicker that year id say tilghman would have gone on to beat belfry and win the title either way id just like to beat central thats my main goal and honestly our whole teams goal really, central played that **** " THE CHAMPS ARE HERE" after every single touchdown and it still rings through my head. id like nothing more to beat central and then win the state champion ship but yes getting through both central and the east will be tough but not impossible.

your right keep that attitude, and dont think tilman would have beat belfry,they had there chances against central and blow it, 1st time they had been behind all year..
yeah i sorta wish central was in district 5 of 3Ainstead of 4.
1A, It will be open this year. I think Beechwood last to much from last year...
2A, Corbin or NCC Vs Fort Campbell
3A, Lou Central, They play team that will get them realdy for the playoffs.
4A, Boyle Co
5A, Highlands
6A, St X or Trinity
I like the chances of Russell this year. Thought they should have been better last season than they were...Unions problem vs. Central wasn't size so not sure how the 30-50 lbs per lineman is going to help them. They like every other 3A team with the exception of Tillman are slower. Centrals game is built on speed and Linebackers that can run like backs despite being bigger...The main reason I think they will be too much for Union and Breathitt is their schedule. Male, Manual, PRP, Seneca, Ballard, Tates Creek and ST.X there is nothing that is going to suprise them by the time November comes around. If healthy a three peat is a near certainty.
Nothing is certain in High School Football! Predictions are good and fun to make, but you never know what can happen!
phdballer Wrote:I like the chances of Russell this year. Thought they should have been better last season than they were...Unions problem vs. Central wasn't size so not sure how the 30-50 lbs per lineman is going to help them. They like every other 3A team with the exception of Tillman are slower. Centrals game is built on speed and Linebackers that can run like backs despite being bigger...The main reason I think they will be too much for Union and Breathitt is their schedule. Male, Manual, PRP, Seneca, Ballard, Tates Creek and ST.X there is nothing that is going to suprise them by the time November comes around. If healthy a three peat is a near certainty.

size very much was the problem for our offensive lineman bro, cobble smoked our left guard and opened a huge hole defensively for central, without tennyson and cobble up front they wont be nearly as good, without ridge wilson in the back field on defense they take a huge loss, we have seen how central makes plays, they basicly are all so fast on offense that if they get a break they are gone. we are also very fast this year as a team more so than strength, it will be a close game im sure of that.
King Leonidas Wrote:Nothing is certain in High School Football! Predictions are good and fun to make, but you never know what can happen!

AMEN!!!
I think owen county can play with the best of the 2a this year GO REBELS
UCFB Wrote:size very much was the problem for our offensive lineman bro, cobble smoked our left guard and opened a huge hole defensively for central, without tennyson and cobble up front they wont be nearly as good, without ridge wilson in the back field on defense they take a huge loss, we have seen how central makes plays, they basicly are all so fast on offense that if they get a break they are gone. we are also very fast this year as a team more so than strength, it will be a close game im sure of that.

How big was your O line last year?
charlie22 Wrote:How big was your O line last year?

our 5 down line men probly weighed 850-900 put together, this year we will be somewhere from 1000-1200, we ran alot of plays with a TE though, 2 lineman weighed about 170, another 180, and the others right at 200 but very strong on our tackles. this year the center and the guards have gained ome weight, i might play O tackle and i weigh about 215 6'3, but we fornunately have enough good players we probly wont need to play both ways. im at D end right now.
phdballer Wrote:I like the chances of Russell this year. Thought they should have been better last season than they were...Unions problem vs. Central wasn't size so not sure how the 30-50 lbs per lineman is going to help them. They like every other 3A team with the exception of Tillman are slower. Centrals game is built on speed and Linebackers that can run like backs despite being bigger...The main reason I think they will be too much for Union and Breathitt is their schedule. Male, Manual, PRP, Seneca, Ballard, Tates Creek and ST.X there is nothing that is going to suprise them by the time November comes around. If healthy a three peat is a near certainty.

central would have big breaks that let them score on offense, we would hold them like 2 or 3 plays every series but then they would just get retardedly long runs or turn overs. on defense size was the problem though not speed. is ballard good? also central has really lucked out avoided no real bad injuries in the past 2 years while playing such good competition.
UCFB Wrote:central would have big breaks that let them score on offense, we would hold them like 2 or 3 plays every series but then they would just get retardedly long runs or turn overs. on defense size was the problem though not speed. is ballard good? also central has really lucked out avoided no real bad injuries in the past 2 years while playing such good competition.
You sort of contradicted your own argument about Central's speed not being the issue.

Without speed and strength size doesn't matter. Central's size was an issue because despite being much bigger they were just as fast as Union. If Central was bigger, yet slower, it would not have been an issue.

Also, the reason why those turnovers and runs turned out to be so long can be directly attributed to speed. If Union had equal speed then they could easily take angles and reduce the length.

Proof in point two years ago State Finals. Belfry matchhed and may have even had an advantage against Central in terms of size and strength, but Central had a speed advantages. As a result they capitalized an INT into a pick 6 at the end of the half. Belfry's defense for all intensive purposes controlled Central, but the Yellowjackets broke two long runs (beat Belfry to the edge and after breaking one tackle outran the DB's) and one long pass (Stephan Robinson beat his man on a post).
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You sort of contradicted your own argument about Central's speed not being the issue.

Without speed and strength size doesn't matter. Central's size was an issue because despite being much bigger they were just as fast as Union. If Central was bigger, yet slower, it would not have been an issue.

Also, the reason why those turnovers and runs turned out to be so long can be directly attributed to speed. If Union had equal speed then they could easily take angles and reduce the length.

Proof in point two years ago State Finals. Belfry matchhed and may have even had an advantage against Central in terms of size and strength, but Central had a speed advantages. As a result they capitalized an INT into a pick 6 at the end of the half. Belfry's defense for all intensive purposes controlled Central, but the Yellowjackets broke two long runs (beat Belfry to the edge and after breaking one tackle outran the DB's) and one long pass (Stephan Robinson beat his man on a post).

We actually had 4 turn overs on defense, we were as fast as them in many cases its just we couldnt capitalize when our offense got on the field. our run game was not able to come through when needed, and our passing was decent. but over all when our smaller lineman got blow away that killed our run game. our offense was built on speed and central yes did match that, our lineman were fast and quick, but everyone on centrals team was probly running under a 5.0. this yeaer they loose 9 starters on defense and 4-5 on offense. we shall c.
Breathitt upsets Central in 3A.
I hope so.
I think if Central gets there they win it again. They have been able to overcome 8 turnovers in the State championship game the last 2 years and have averaged 40 points and held opponents to 8 ppg avg since the realignment. They are the only team in 3A to have also not lost a 3A game since then either. I think if they get beat it will be in an upset before the State Championship game. They were 4 points away from winning the 2A state championship in track with 8 runners 7 of which were football players. I just think they are going to have too much speed for anyone that comes out of the mountains
5A is the easiest to win for Highlands, but I will say they got a scare in the first round.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:5A is the easiest to win for Highlands, but I will say they got a scare in the first round.

A big scare, due in large part to some very uncharacteristic sloppy and undisciplined play by Highlands in that game. Station was good, but there should be no doubt that we helped them be in position to beat us. You have a hard time beating good teams when you fumble the ball and commit stupid penalties which we did in that game.

But that was last year. I am of the opinion that we will be better, actually much better, this year than last and if we stay healthy, have a very good shot of a three peat. But I know that Johnson Central, Whitley and LCC (and maybe Harlan and Pulaski too) will also have very good teams and cannot be taken for granted. I think tha t 5A will be one of the most balanced, if not the most balanced, classes in the state this year.
I wish someone would dethrone them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
3a central should win again.
devilhorns05 Wrote:3a central should win again.

should being the key word there.